Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

On 3/15/2019 at 2:12 PM, PopeUrban said:

Why isn't "join EK" a single user interaction that spins up the EK if its offline?

If everyone who had access to an ek could online it you wouldn't need to have timers to keep it online at all. If onlining it was part of the join process people couldn't just go down the list and open a bunch of eks because they couldn't spin up a second ek while inside the first. There wouldn't be any empty eks if they just shut down the moment they emptied since they wouldn't need to be left online when empty.

I strongly agree.

There is no reason for an EK to be using server assets when there is currently no player demand for that EK. Conversely, an EK intended for use by players other than the owner is useless when the owner is not available to bring up their EK. In a global game, a public market or guild store that is not available on demand to the players it is intended to serve, serves little or no purpose. Using an off delay of player activity as a keep alive, is to my thinking backward. 

IMO, there should be 4 options determining who may start an EK:

• Private: Only the owner may start the EK.
  • Nobles: Any player with land rights may start the EK.
  • Guild: Any member of the owner's guild may start the EK.
  • Public: Anyone may start the EK.

If ACE wants to monetize the EKs, I strongly support that. Premium parcels, buildings, decorative items, etc., go to town on these things. Some of the start permissions could be tied to premium purchases; i.e. Guild permission could require a Guild Hall, while Public permission may require a City Center.

If EK uptime is something ACE would like to monetize, I'd suggest a low barrier to nearly unrestricted availability (with 'nearly' defined in the fine print). If uptime is limited, it won't take long for players to figure out that running around in a competitor's market EK during off hours is going to run them out of time and cost them prime time availability.

14 minutes ago, VaMei said:

I like this idea.

And maybe it requires VIP to have an EK and/or boot up an EK. 

ACE has to cover those server costs somehow. 

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, VaMei said:

I strongly agree.

There is no reason for an EK to be using server assets when there is currently no player demand for that EK. Conversely, an EK intended for use by players other than the owner is useless when the owner is not available to bring up their EK. In a global game, a public market or guild store that is not available on demand to the players it is intended to serve, serves little or no purpose. Using an off delay of player activity as a keep alive, is to my thinking backward. 

If ACE wants to monetize the EKs, I strongly support that. Premium parcels, buildings, decorative items, etc., go to town on these things. Some of the start permissions could be tied to premium purchases; i.e. Guild permission could require a Guild Hall, while Public permission may require a City Center.

If EK uptime is something ACE would like to monetize, I'd suggest a low barrier to nearly unrestricted availability (with 'nearly' defined in the fine print). If uptime is limited, it won't take long for players to figure out that running around in a competitor's market EK during off hours is going to run them out of time and cost them prime time availability.

• VIP.  Anyone with VIP status can start up any EK owned by another VIP player.

Can always start your own, VIP or not, because that's pretty much part of the core game.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

3 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:
  • VIP.  Anyone with VIP status can start up any EK.

So only VIPs have on demand access to Srathor's Lawn, AT, or any other public mall. Remember, once the idle timers are working again, dropping an afk account in an EK won't keep it up. A non-VIP may know how to poke Srathor, and Srathor may be available to open the doors for a customer. Maybe not.

Ace has already walked away from VIP benefits that were less P2W than the perception of privileged access to gear.

59 minutes ago, VaMei said:

Ace already monetized eks 90% of the stuff on the shop was for them back in the day.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, VaMei said:

So only VIPs have on demand access to Srathor's Lawn, AT, or any other public mall. Remember, once the idle timers are working again, dropping an afk account in an EK won't keep it up. A non-VIP may know how to poke Srathor, and Srathor may be available to open the doors for a customer. Maybe not.

Ace has already walked away from VIP benefits that were less P2W than the perception of privileged access to gear.

24/7 Access specific EK shops is not P2W.

Remember, most of the busy ones will be opened by other active players 24/7 regardless, AND players will be part of guilds with other members that have VIP that will be able to open them,  AND the real power gates for CW's is supposed to be import/exports.  

The current fully free flow of all goods in and out of EK's is something that is planned to be more restricted in the future partly because of that the in campaign vendors are much less than they will be with a fully rolling economy. 

Being able to open any EK 24/7 is strictly a convenience thing, not a required to win thing, at least as far as I see it.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

55 minutes ago, VaMei said:

All the KS backers above amber (250) have a ridiculous amount of EK assets already.  The Ek’s have already been monetized. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

On 3/15/2019 at 12:37 PM, jtoddcoleman said:

we could adjust the time before an EK spins down.  I hate to have people logged in but not playing, that costs money in terms of both bandwidth and server cycles.

T

Could you make it so the EK owner can toggle a setting so anyone can open there EK's? This way the shops and guilds can always have there EK available without needing to be running 100% of the time when not in actual use.

12 hours ago, VaMei said:

I strongly agree.

These are my thoughts too. I want anyone who has access to my EK to be able to spin it up whenever. And you can shut it down the moment it's empty.

If it's getting spun up server side why should it need to be me who has to spin it up?

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)