Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Alainlefou

FTP should be an option. and Marketing is important

It would be awsome if u could make the game halfway ftp. like just the campaign ftp. or like WoW untill lvl 20.

And also ist important to make the Marketing in the right Moment. I realy realy dont want that the same Thing happpens to crowfall that happend to wildstar :(((

This is why iam writing this. i just played a bit on testing and i allready love it. and its realy important to have loyal and a big playerbase.

Greetings from switzerland

Alainlefou

23 minutes ago, PAINDOTCOM said:

I doubt it will ever be FTP 

I think he means FTP in a trial sort of way. Get in play a bit and see how you like it.

It is a good idea but I wonder how to implement it. In WoW it seems 20 levels last quite a bit and allows player to really get a hang of things.

In CF you won't be getting any real PvP without going over a bundle of things. It is not as straightforward.

1 minute ago, BarriaKarl said:

I think he means FTP in a trial sort of way. Get in play a bit and see how you like it.

It is a good idea but I wonder how to implement it. In WoW it seems 20 levels last quite a bit and allows player to really get a hang of things.

In CF you won't be getting any real PvP without going over a bundle of things. It is not as straightforward.

yea maybe during alpha or beta have a few moths or something free would be cool 

A friend referral, that gave limited time to play, like 7 days would be nice.

But it would cause issues if a low level FTP, like WoW was introduced.  People would just stay at lower lvls and farm gold.

As far as I remember ACE talked about  having promotional campaigns dedicated to people who'd like to have a try on Crowfall.

We would eventually expect campaigns with no export or campaigns with very common resources. Nothing certain however.

The real game will stay "buy once play forever" according to what planned since Kickstarter. 

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

There will be a free beta after closed beta, right before soft launch. Anyone who has created a Crowfall account by a certain date will be eligible to play, whether they have bought the game or not. After the free beta ends, purchase of the game will be required to play.

That is the time when people will get to try it for free.