Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BarriaKarl

C'mon, another thread deleted!?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Seriously folks? Another one? I couldn't even read the thread before it went down.

Listen, I know you guys got rules. I get it. But this is getting ridiculous.

I could only read part of the thread OP' (I decided to tell OP to remove the name-calling but guess what happened when I pressed sent?) but it seemed okay to me.

Listen, I could see how it might have been needed to lock the thread. I can see it. But how about, I don't know, just locking it and maybe, maaaaaybe, give us some response/reason instead of defaulting to deletion?

It couldn't have been sooo bad that it needed to be removed completely, right? At the very worst just delete some replies?

This is just starting to seem like a dictatorship or censure. Dramatic, I know. But when deleting threads becomes the norm, this is what it feels like.

All right, now that I have ranted long enough. Here is what I propose:

  • Don't just delete threads. Just don't do it. Unless things really went down the rabbit hole.
  • Lock it., do a clean up as needed. (Can you guys edit our posts? If yes remove the bad parts and leave a marker like ** name calling **).
  • And lastly give us the reason for the lock. Don't just delete it and pretend it didnt happen.
  • Worse come to worst and you still want to delete it, how about instead delete all players posts and leave a response/reason-for-lock only.

 

This way at least it allows us to double check your guys decision. The power to just delete threads as you wish without a single report is too tempting. Seems like the easy way out. I don't like it.

 

PS.: Fellow players, since I wasn't able to read the last thread what do you guys think of the deletion? Was it necessary? Too much? Remember to not break the rules, it would be too ironic bad for this thread to follow the same way.

Edited by BarriaKarl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you read the Rules of Conduct?

Quote

Naming/Accusing: Openly accusing another player or group of cheating or some other type of misbehavior is not permitted. You may discuss the type of behavior at issue, but specifically naming individuals or groups is not appropriate. In cases of exploiting, harassment or other violations of conduct, please use the Report tool or send an email directly to instead of engaging with the user.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s their god damn job to keep the boards clear of drivel, name calling, rancorous posts, personal attacks, accusations of trolling and Tark.  Stop making threads they have to delete seems the more appropriate adult response.  


This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, mandalore said:

It’s their god damn job to keep the boards clear of drivel, name calling, rancorous posts, personal attacks, accusations of trolling and Tark.  Stop making threads they have to delete seems the more appropriate adult response.  

Sure I guess.

I just don't like how they can do it without any sort of report or accountability. It is the easy way out. Just give me a reason. I have been feeling that we are just deleting anything we don't like and pretending it didn't happen.

Sure, the guy dropped some names, but I could see he was raising some important points. Even went as far as to call out on ACE's credibility. And what we got? Did ACE come out make a proper response, pointed out why they were locking it and explained themselves about the reported exploit?

Nope. Just delete and pretend it didn't happen. A common trend. Why make your case when you cant just delete it and nobody can call you out on it.

"It is their job". Yeah, but they still owe us explanations. Just like a president reports to the masses.

Look, it isn't about this thread. It is about how common those deletions are becoming. Threads deletions should be the last thing to be taken into account.

Wanna lock it to avoid trouble? Go for it, but give us a reason/explanation. Don't just 'Heh, delete 'cuz I can'.

Edited by BarriaKarl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PAINDOTCOM said:

its 2019 everyone is passive aggressive soft skinned and easily offended \o/

 

33 minutes ago, mandalore said:

It’s their god damn job to keep the boards clear of drivel, name calling, rancorous posts, personal attacks, accusations of trolling and Tark.  Stop making threads they have to delete seems the more appropriate adult response.  

Both of you are correct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Sure I guess.

I just don't like how they can do it without any sort of report or accountability. It is the easy way out. Just give me a reason. I have been feeling that we are just deleting anything we don't like and pretending it didn't happen.

Sure, the guy dropped some names, but I could see he was raising some important points. Even went as far as to call out on ACE's credibility. And what we got? Did ACE come out make a proper response, pointed out why they were locking it and explained themselves about the reported exploit?

Nope. Just delete and pretend it didn't happen. A common trend. Why make your case when you cant just delete it and nobody can call you out on it.

"It is their job". Yeah, but they still owe us explanations. Just like a president reports to the masses.

Look, it isn't about this thread. It is about how common those deletions are becoming. Threads deletions should be the last thing to be taken into account.

Wanna lock it to avoid trouble? Go for it, but give us a reason/explanation. Don't just 'Heh, delete 'cuz I can'.

They have a system for reporting people cheating, exploiting, trolls and complaints and it’s not the custard boards.  Email them these issues Bc if it’s posted on the boards it turns into more bickering and warnings than the issues ever needed.  If you know how to report them and you continue to complain about it on the boards you’re just virtue signaling.  

 

As for them owing us poorly made socks that’s kinda of a false equivalence.  They are a company that we are paying to play a game they are making.  If you don’t like their practices go play another game; you’re not stuck here.  

 

Edited by mandalore

This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Best thing is to report people in email, and then post about the issue in general, IE what can be done about this issue?

Its pretty straight forward and gets everything you want accomplished done within their rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mandalore said:

As for them owing us poorly made socks that’s kinda of a false equivalence.  They are a company that we are paying to play a game they are making.  If you don’t like their practices go play another game; you’re not stuck here.

Oh, my bad. You are right, I just checked and it turns out companies don't have to try to treat their customers well.

Lets just make a the forums needlessly socksty. Don't like it leave. Seems good.

I tried. Brought my issue forward. Did what I could,.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Oh, my bad. You are right, I just checked and it turns out companies don't have to try to treat their customers well.

Lets just make a the forums needlessly socksty. Don't like it leave. Seems good.

I tried. Brought my issue forward. Did what I could,.

You’re not trying to resolve the issue through the channels they have provided.  Try emailing support like they have told us to a dozen times and the TOS we agreed to tells us to.  Right now the community is flinging flaming poorly made socks and wondering why they aren’t getting the answers they want. 


This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mandalore said:

You’re not trying to resolve the issue through the channels they have provided.  Try emailing support like they have told us to a dozen times and the TOS we agreed to tells us to.  Right now the community is flinging flaming poorly made socks and wondering why they aren’t getting the answers they want. 

How comes? I have a issue with their actions, I posted on the right place, I offered my solution.

You sir was the one to come here say they don't owe me socks and told me to leave. Why are you here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

your wasting your time trying to argue your point with the forum warrior of crowfall, dude want to be a part of ACE so bad :D and this is why I try my best to stay away from the forums, lots of people will say "email" them with your complaint etc but you will get an automated thing unless your one of the old timers who seem to have a direct link to the dev's phone :P again your wasting your time with this post (sadly)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, PAINDOTCOM said:

the forum warrior of crowfall, dude want to be a part of ACE so bad :D 

Thank you?  

I mean I do have a degree in a field they would employ and they are in my home town (and where I graduated high school and went to college).  ACE_Mandalore does have a good ring to it...

19 minutes ago, PAINDOTCOM said:

lots of people will say "email" them with your complaint etc but you will get an automated thing unless your one of the old timers who seem to have a direct link to the dev's phone :P again your wasting your time with this post (sadly)

That’s an automated email telling you they received your complaint and that somebody will respond soon.  Jackal, Tyrant, the travian crew are all pretty good about responding.  I might not like the response but they def do respond.  


This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think an issue with that specific thread was how the issues were presented, that it would only lead to two sides bickering at each other and it getting nasty rather than healthy discussions in which case the devs would look at this and go "The rivals are bickering again, time to shut er down" and wouldn't take the points and issues made in the thread as serious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...