Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Stumpstuff

5.8.5 Snap Test Feedback and Bug reports for 3/15/19

You can download the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/ 

5.8.5 Patch Notes and Known Issues

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to Support@Crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found under your game directory in the "Download" folder. Your client log should look something like this: CrowfallClient_26452_[Computer Name].log

It's very hard to test barrier stuff because the game doesn't give us nearly enough information on our own barriers.  However:

• Force mage reactive barrier seems to prevent the barrier from noble blood from taking effect.
  • Force mage reactive barrier doesn't seem to block any damage - the buff remains active even whilst damage is being taken (I imagine this is the +100AP portion and not the actual barrier, though)
  • Barrier size doesn't seem to be modified by CON or by the Force Mage bonus - the stat on the details page changes, but the amount of effort to drop a barrier doesn't seem to.  Again, this is really hard for us to test due the significant variation in dmg from any given attack.
  • The combat log doesn't show barrier damage absorption.

3 minutes ago, Durenthal said:

It's very hard to test barrier stuff because the game doesn't give us nearly enough information on our own barriers.  However:

• Force mage reactive barrier seems to prevent the barrier from noble blood from taking effect.
  • Force mage reactive barrier doesn't seem to block any damage - the buff remains active even whilst damage is being taken (I imagine this is the +100AP portion and not the actual barrier, though)
  • Barrier size doesn't seem to be modified by CON or by the Force Mage bonus - the stat on the details page changes, but the amount of effort to drop a barrier doesn't seem to.  Again, this is really hard for us to test due the significant variation in dmg from any given attack.
  • The combat log doesn't show barrier damage absorption.

We plan on improving barriers and their readability in the future. This is a valid point. We will be looking into this information for the time being :) Thanks for the report.!

-When spawning guards on test, they will remain [Neutral/Attackable] until the player moves into another area and returns.  

-When building / upgrading fort walls on Test, every one I have done has had a single upgrade where my player will lock up as soon as I place the wood into the slot.  It is usually in the second upgrade round and usually on a piece touching a corner.  It has happened 7-8 times and only once per fort. This has happened on both of my accounts and over the past two days (3/14 & 3/15).

Edited by piikaa

Piikaa / Pkaoo

rSHxVEY.gif

Templar Parry Buff is lost when doing the Righteous Parry attack, this is a recent undisclosed change.
It makes you vulnerable during the Righteous Parry Attack, to CC and Damage, which may or may not be intended.

ScornofLife2.jpg

If you format your main hard drive, but have Crowfall on another drive, you will lose the C++ Runtime and other programs that are installed for the game to run correctly. I was able to still launch the game without the required additional files. It is playable but super unstable. Not sure if this has been reported yet. Cheers.

March 15, 2019

• I like the new Oath of Will Icon
  • Wartribes drop their relics now! Yaass!
    • Collecting 10 relics seems a bit excessive, no? The basic runebind was only 3 parts
      • What are these Enbarri and where do I genocide them for their relics? :D
  • Esoteric Runestone and Spherical Cut Gemstone recipes don't list under Runecrafting and Jewelcrafting, respectively
  • I used my Ult to get out of a Knockdown, but I was still knocked down after the ult
  • Attacks randomly don't connect with my target, even though they're in range
  • Some Satyr Clerics act like Confessors and some Satyr Confessors act like Clerics. It's really random when they act like that. Maybe I killed too many of them in my search for Satyr Relics :blink:
  • Looting Satyrs, Urgu, and Aracoix have the same issues as looting Risen: If they die too close to each other, it becomes a pain to try and loot them because their loot interacts overlap and you often loot bodies you've already looted before. This doesn't happen with animals because they turn into a carcass once they've been looted
  • I like the adding of Canyons and Forests to Siege zones, but maybe populate them with some mobs/resources? They're barren and there's no reason to explore them :(
  • Every Map is linked to the same zone twice (except the Free City). i.e. Chaos Temple has two portals to Maiol and Helltorn, each. Helltorn has two portals to Roanoke Empire, and Roanoke Empire as two portals to the Balance Temple, etc.
  • Very much dislike getting ganked by Aracoix Assassins 😩 (which either means they need tuning or are working as intended)
  • Some times my powers don't appear to go on cooldown, which has me trying to spam them, even though they're on cooldown.
  • I found an Ice Damage Femur. Aracoix Frostweavers when? :P

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

1 hour ago, DravoiX said:

cant find the esoteric runestone
f9Z0K60.png

swift pack pig saddle is still under surivialist but a scroll exist for that ?

new monster receipt drop as far as I hear

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

Many Powers can be loaded in both trays for Druid and either generate essence (Life Tray) or consume essence (Death Tray).  The Minor Discipline Armor of Faith which gives the activated ability Illusionary Armor can be loaded out onto both trays but unlike other powers, always consumes essence.

Resource spawns on the new map are very sparse.  Keeps have next to no motherlodes.  The canyons in the siege zones are kinda nice, except there's almost nothing in them.  A couple of zombies and a couple of resource nodes.  Same with adventure zones.. 2 cats total at the lumber mill.  Really?   Feels like you turned the density on everything way down and it feels bad.  Empty maps feel like a waste.  Look at how WoW fills out their maps... so many different things in areas quite near each other that feel quite separate.  I know you have procedural generation, but please try to pack more stuff in.

Still no fix for standing in circles for far too long in order to capture outposts etc.  How tough can it be to adjust the capture time?

The wartribes are starting to help the PvE game feel more fleshed out.  Thralls?  Crafting of disciplines?  Please?

Edited by Durenthal

i have gotten every scroll, but the ones for  Rapier, Pistol, Daggers.

i assume these are from teh Enbarri tribe, which are not spawning on any map. ( each adventure zone has 4 wartribe spawns, 2 seem to always be uguru )

getting a weird issue with logging out in maps.   logging out in middle of nowhere, when logging in i get message saying the enemy controls the area (even tho no fort / keep/ outpost is remotly close) and it ported me to enemy faction gate, where i died

unknown.png

esoteric slot shows up without scroll equiped, assuming its ment to be hidden.

also nothing is hidden, i remember on a livestream it was said that hunger shard additives will b hidden, and we wouldnt see them until we equiped a special hammer into the belt slot. maybe the "hiding the additive slots tech" isnt in this 5.8.5 test?