Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Coliath

DURABILITY LOSS FOR UNSHEATHED

Crowfall,

I think it is absurd that you lose Durability for just having your weapon unsheathed for 10+ sec...this has been confirmed from my guild. Crowfall please change this or you will lose players...i just lost a BLUE GREATAXE from being UNSHEATHED!

Best Regards,

Coliath

Posted (edited)

technically the system will randomly select only x1 of your equipped items to take a 'durability loss' against a tick every X seconds of being in combat stance.

the older system was infinite durability if you didn't die, with very heavy durability loss tied to death instead. it had "slippery slope" issues.

but yea, don't afk with your weapon out, or run around with it out when you don't need it [which is also slower movement etc] 😜

it is far from perfect, especially for healers or classes which have their resource generation/management tied to hanging out in combat mode...

i would prefer it if they tied the durability system instead to the same mechanic they use to charge soulpower (fuels 'ultimate Q powers' use) - whereby it would only count when you either ATTACK, HEAL, OR ARE HIT for a few seconds around that.

Edited by Tinnis

12 hours ago, Coliath said:

Crowfall please change this or you will lose players...

With your all caps title and this quote, I feel a rather aggressive vibe from you. Don't know if that was intended.

I really like the above mentioned suggestion by @Tinnis. It seems like a feasible solution.

It might be a technical limitation at the moment, since it could cause more updates/events happening than they would like/be able to handle.

Or it might just be another thing they haven't gotten to yet. Difficult to know.

That is a thing?! Oh hecks nah, I already hate durability in general, but for it to go down without me even using the item, get that outta my face. Why not use the older system that @Tinnis mentioned? That seems way better, IMO.

5 hours ago, Zenopo said:

That is a thing?! Oh hecks nah, I already hate durability in general, but for it to go down without me even using the item, get that outta my face. Why not use the older system that @Tinnis mentioned? That seems way better, IMO.

It wasn't.

You only ever had to replace stuff if you lost a lot. This led to the rich amassing fantastic wealth and literally never ever having to replace items, and the poor replacing items once a week.

After several months of that you end up with repeat winners traipsing around in purples regularly while people farm their asses off and "average" blue gear not even being worth the effort to farm. You ended up with the top performers literally having nothing to do but go gank people trying to replace their gear, and the gear replacement people in poorly made socksty whites trying to close the gap never getting to even the score.

To say it was an economic problem is putting it lightly.

Now, even if you're repeatedly beating faces in and never dying you still have to replace your stuff eventually, and you'll have to replace it slightly more often if you're getting killed constantly, but the farming time imbalance is largely fixed. Even if you get thrashed constantly you can still get enough use out of your items that they felt worth farming, and you still need replacement items even if you literally never lose a fight.

Durability is pretty good now, death hurts, but not so much you want to literally bank your gear in stead of using it. the only real problem being the game doesn't know when you're "in combat" and just assumed being in the tray is in combat.

I like the idea of tying the durability to the ult charge window. Its a much better indicator of whether or not the player is "in combat" and doesn't overtly penalize templates that use their combat trays for resource generation and setup in preparation or recovery from battles. I'm also interested to see which of our feedback ideas were used in the death and durability revamp mentioned in the recent stream as well.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"