Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Muffakin

Tweak Drop Rates

AneDLuB.png

This is the ore I received from 3 Rune Picks worth of mining on r10 nodes with Plentiful Harvest at 5 pips. My concern is the drop rate of uncommon ore. I would expect that I would get more uncommon than rare ore. I wasn't out to get uncommon ore (else I would have gone elsewhere), but the drop curve doesn't really make sense to me.

The collection average for this group is roughly 3 : 13 : 61 : 9 : 140 (legendary:epic:rare:etc...).
I would expect something closer too: 3 : 10 : 30 70 : 110.

I'm not hard set that it needs to change, but in terms of quality curve it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. The drop rate of the soul gems makes more sense. No Common or poor soul gems.

I think this curve makes sense. If it was more linear, r10 would almost always be best to farm.

With the current curve, you can choose to go to one place to farm more green quality (lower rank) and another place to get more blue/purple. This spreads people more instead mass gatherings at r10 resources.

Posted (edited)
On 3/16/2019 at 3:45 AM, Muffakin said:

I would expect something closer too: 3 : 10 : 30 70 : 110.

I'm assuming you had Plentiful Resources 5 during your test, and either have a good amount of critical harvest chance or you were able to make good use of benificial harvest procs?

For the result band you were expecting, try R7 nodes. You probably won't see the legendaries, but it'll be closer to what you expected. R5/6 will get you far more greens and a fair amount of blue, but the epic drops will tail off almost completely. You'll also be able to either use weaker tools if you are close to Mining capped, or go through the nodes much faster with the same tools.

If being later in the season causes you to loose PR5, or if you need to change up your consumables to keep it, your results will vary.

Edited by VaMei

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:41 AM, Kaffe said:

I think this curve makes sense. If it was more linear, r10 would almost always be best to farm.

With the current curve, you can choose to go to one place to farm more green quality (lower rank) and another place to get more blue/purple. This spreads people more instead mass gatherings at r10 resources.

I cannot think of a reason people would want to farm even more lower rank resources in a game that does not have gear requirements to equip. Besides, it cheapens both green and blue items due to abundance of blue in this sample.

Posted (edited)

Go farm rank 7 nodes for a larger amount of green than blue. 5-7 are the sweet spots for those. But can get purples even from rank 3's with a crit and a unicorn drop. 

You can get a legendary from a 7, it is just a unicorn drop.

Edited by srathor

On 3/18/2019 at 7:37 PM, mystafyi said:

I cannot think of a reason people would want to farm even more lower rank resources in a game that does not have gear requirements to equip. Besides, it cheapens both green and blue items due to abundance of blue in this sample. 

Desparation

Safety of node placement

Not knowing any good crafters that can actually use blue stuff effectively.

Tool avaliability making higher rank nodes inefficient.

There are reasons. I don't think its so weird that you get more blue than green from an R10 node. I think its weird you get more white than green. Fully half that white ore should be green coming off an R10 IMO. If you have the ability to consistantly access and farm the highest rank nodes in the game I'd expect your "sell tier" mats to be better than the "sell tier" mats of someone that does the same with r5s.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"