Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lowlander

Talent tree reset

Posted (edited)

I searched the forums (but not thoroughly) for similar topics but havn’t found any. 

I think it would be very tester friendly, and also usefull for new players when the game releases, to allow us to reset the talent tree for a fee (chaos embers/gold)

Each time you reset your tree would increase the cost. So after the second time or so it would cost so much that it would be better to create a new character (unless the vessel is epic or legendary) and so limiting the ammount of resets.

example,

first reset: 1k gold

second reset: 10k gold 10 chaos embers

third reset: 100k gold and 50 embers.

I think it would be even cooler to give the alchemy profession a potion that erases the memory. The alchemist profession would benefit and make it more of an immersive thing. 

The talent tree is not so unforgiving and hard, but it would allow players to explore different builds a bit easyer. 

I know patches that contain changes to classes and talents often include a talent reset. That might not happen as often when the game goes live though. 

Edited by Lowlander
It had different font sizes after copy and pasting

7 hours ago, Lowlander said:

I think it would be even cooler to give the alchemy profession a potion that erases the memory. The alchemist profession would benefit and make it more of an immersive thing. 

I like everything about what you said, except maybe this part. By memory do you mean how many times a character has redone their talent tree? I'm not exactly sure if that's what you mean here(:

If that's what you mean, you would need to make the cost of the potion higher than the cost of 2 or 3 resets otherwise people would never pay for the second reset and would just use the potion to only have to spend 1k, instead of 10k and 10 embers.

Unless you mean that you do one or the other. Either have the cost to reset OR the potion to reset, not both in the game at the same time.

I definitely like both ideas though!

Now that I think about it maybe the potion would be a requirement to do the  reset. 

You need to have a potion from the alchemist and go to a NPC for the reset and then you get your first, second, third reset that increase in price each time.

If only the potion would be implemented it would be always about the same price // mats required. And it wouldnt have much of a restriction or would be too expensive for new players.

Posted (edited)

I think this could possibly fall into cash shop category. I would prefer not having a cash shop at all, but I am a realist and know it will eventually come if it is not already planned for release.

Edited by mystafyi

I sure hope not, but you are right. Cash shop might be a nessesary evil since there is no monthly subscription. Unless they make VIP so attractive everybody wants it...

Posted (edited)

I agree. We really need a way to do a reset that doesn't involve getting a new vessel & grinding out it's levels. A Potion of Regret, Gea's Tears, a Scroll of Custard, I Mis-clicked!, something for a do-over.

Edited by VaMei
Reading comprehension FTW