Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
veeshan

Anyone else finding the TTK a little to long now?

8 minutes ago, mandalore said:

The best part is I think an actual recruit is using it. 

Correct, he farmed the materials for it and got it, imagine that. Thats how it works in HoA, blue is standard and the people who want to spend the time farming embers etc get better. BTW HoA is recruiting 😉

Just now, Ussiah said:

Correct, he farmed the materials for it and got it, imagine that. Thats how it works in HoA, blue is standard and the people who want to spend the time farming embers etc get better. BTW HoA is recruiting 😉

Lol I can donate bodies but I get custarded on embers.  I need an ember sugar mama @Sanna or a ember sugar daddy like @Medicaid

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

People who complain about the TTK in a 1v1 or small scale situation aren't thinking about what will happen in some of these larger engagements. Targets are already dropping very quickly in large battles, where the AoE damage is hot and heavy.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, soulein said:

People who complain about the TTK in a 1v1 or small scale situation aren't thinking about what will happen in some of these larger engagements. Targets are already dropping very quickly in large battles, where the AoE damage is hot and heavy.

Yeah just mean anyone anywhere in the zone can make it to a fight when somone get attacked in your zone espcialy when its a Templar or pitfighter.

2 harvesting (a paladin and swordman) can fight for 15 minutes agaist 4 winter blades aswell before they finally die and thats not even in combat gear.

In most large fight it seem to come down to who can hold most people in a bomb area only time people tend to die. like take the fight at the keep today at the bane tree im in green equipment and i didnt drop below 98% hp the whole time and i was in the middle of a sea of red, Only time i saw people loose HP was when they were hit by druid bombs thats only time people seemed to have died. and thats probaly heavily due to not many people have a great deal of protection against nature dmg.

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Posted (edited)

I'm sure TTK feels low to the people who are still wearing white armor and are getting blasted by 5k neckbreakers from bugged 194 damage weapons. 

Gear power aside, I like the current TTK overall and I hope the armor changes don't effect TTK except for making leather users more viable. Remove the mail/plate HP bonuses and give them an armor bonus instead, and add that hp back into the base vessel so there's not such a steep HP curve where you're more than doubling your base HP from armor. 

I do agree that anti heal needs a little more love though. The assassin anti heal was definitely over nerfed. Assassin toxins in general need to be reworked. Alchemists should be able to experiment on them to determine their damage/effectiveness the same as a weapon or a quiver. They need to scale and not be just a flat amount. Another great suggestion I heard from @Scree was to make it so the poisoner discipline allows other classes to equip a poison similar to how bow disciplines / quivers work.  

Another thought - make the third assassin tree the anti heal spec. I can't even think of the name of it because nobody plays it (it's not blackguard or cut throat). 

Edited by blazzen

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Staff said:

wtb hoa standard gear, anyway with plague lord i have yet to find a pitfighter i couldnt delete, ttk is fine just play myrmidon 

Confirm.

Damage/TTK is fine under current system.

Except leather. Leather is pretty bad, mostly due to the low HP being a bit severe compared to its weak damage bonus.

Armor update moving armor HP to mitigations will likely make leather stack up again.

If anything, healing is a bit too strong/stacks too well. Blackmantling shouldn't feel like a requirement to win fights with only one healer in them, or alternately, if blackmantling is a requirements to win fights with one healer in them it should probably be on assassin/duelist/ranger base kits so they have a built in reason to exist in team fights.

The meta largely revolving around a small number of discs is a problem as old as crowfall, and the discs the meta revolves around usually point out where the underlying design is busted. Every time we've seen a "yeah but everybody runs X" it has been a pretty clear indication either the disc or the underlying design is weak.

Right now that's the two blackmantle discs, and to a lesser degree elementalist. In the past it has been stuff like scarecrow, banners, ghost army, and so on.

Personal Healing Modifier is probably a stat that needs to go, Pitfighters are IMO fine, and from there maybe MAYBE look at the stacking properties of CF's various HoTs.

Because if healing is an issue now, armor with mitigation sticks rather than HP on it is going to amplify that problem immensely.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

8 minutes ago, Phr00t said:

There are two black mantle disciplines?

There is Plague Lord which has 3 anti-heal type abilities, and a passive support power debuffer, Black mask Discipline has an anti-heal debuff ability, and Assassin has Disease toxin.

2 minutes ago, DocHollidaze said:

There is Plague Lord which has 3 anti-heal type abilities, and a passive support power debuffer, Black mask Discipline has an anti-heal debuff ability, and Assassin has Disease toxin.

Ah didn't realize black mask had a healblock as well.

Just now, Phr00t said:

Ah didn't realize black mask had a healblock as well.

I have a toon I use just to do that stuff, you can stack -50% personal healing on the target, then put the negative heal output on the healer, them apply continuous heal absorbs from PL and the disease toxin. It's pretty effective.

On 3/17/2019 at 9:33 AM, Ble said:

Those are legendary weapons.  They were created with 100 legendary ore and 85 chaos embers, we're not throwing them away.  If you want to provide HoA with those materials, we'll make a video of destroying those two weapons.  Outside of that, wait for a wipe.

The choice to use a bugged weapon is yours to make. 

Chaos getting its ass handed to itself on the near nightly isn't just because of gear. Is it a factor? Yes. Is it the only reason? Of course not, for reasons Gradishar correctly outlined above.

It's really too bad that these forums are so full of vitriol and chest thumping. I really think this community is capable of so much more. 

1 hour ago, Chroma said:

The choice to use a bugged weapon is yours to make. 

Chaos getting its ass handed to itself on the near nightly isn't just because of gear. Is it a factor? Yes. Is it the only reason? Of course not, for reasons Gradishar correctly outlined above.

It's really too bad that these forums are so full of vitriol and chest thumping. I really think this community is capable of so much more. 

I think what’s he’s saying is those are top end legendary weapons with 85 embers worth of rerolls from crafters stacked in min/max crafted gear.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

4 minutes ago, mandalore said:

I think what’s he’s saying is those are top end legendary weapons with 85 embers worth of rerolls from crafters stacked in min/max crafted gear.  

Those are top end legendary weapons crafted with epic crafters and full rerolls and the board exploit