Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Devonic

Crafting Disciplines

With crafting disciplines taking up the Major Discipline slot, I can see myself wanting to change the discipline I have equipped every time I want to craft some armor or other items.

Now its not a big deal, as its only one dust and one ore (even slag); but where it is labeled as test disciplines, I can see the crafting cost go up by a large amount by the time the game goes to live.  If this happens, it will make crafting less appealing, especially when learning; I know I have had to change disciplines a few times, when I don't craft enough leather items for my set of plate. 

While, in the long run, the economy should have people selling most all items, at first, many crafters will want to be able to create advanced items like a full set of plate without  having to search for items.  

So, if you increase the crafting cost of disciplines, please don't make it too much more. 

6 minutes ago, Devonic said:

With crafting disciplines taking up the Major Discipline slot, I can see myself wanting to change the discipline I have equipped every time I want to craft some armor or other items.

Now its not a big deal, as its only one dust and one ore (even slag); but where it is labeled as test disciplines, I can see the crafting cost go up by a large amount by the time the game goes to live.  If this happens, it will make crafting less appealing, especially when learning; I know I have had to change disciplines a few times, when I don't craft enough leather items for my set of plate. 

While, in the long run, the economy should have people selling most all items, at first, many crafters will want to be able to create advanced items like a full set of plate without  having to search for items.  

So, if you increase the crafting cost of disciplines, please don't make it too much more.

You're not going to be able to swap discs on vessels.. You're not supposed to be self sufficient.  You're supposed to be a part of the loop and need other people to do what you can't do. 

You need a guild.

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

in the 'real' game:

- minor disciplines will drop from specific monsters directly and whole (e.g. 'zombies have a chance of dropping XYZ etc'). not in visible craft list.

- major disciplines will require you to hunt down a Thrall ('ghost') spirit of a specific type (e.g. 'Bard spirit') - presumably involving combat - and for its soul to be captured into a soulstone item (found by another harvester) by a specalised soul harvester (???), then this soul is bound and crafted into a runestone by a crafter  (runemaker presumably) using one recipe with a wildcard slot rather than 'a visible craft list of each type'.

- you can't remove a discipline when it is attached to a vessel

- you will need to invest x4 talent points to a major to get all of its elements

assuming the above is still the design plan, yet to really see it presented or implemented yet obviously

p.s. you could just have x2 crafter vessels tho 😜

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

But, how can anybody craft the first runecrafting discipline without a runecrafting discipline or polish the first soulgem to catch the first thrall's soul without a jewelcrafting discipline? :P

1 hour ago, Tinnis said:

- major disciplines will require you to hunt down a Thrall ('ghost') spirit of a specific type (e.g. 'Bard spirit') - presumably involving combat - and for its soul to be captured into a soulstone item (found by another harvester) by a specalised soul harvester (???), then this soul is bound and crafted into a runestone by a crafter  (runemaker presumably) using one recipe with a wildcard slot rather than 'a visible craft list of each type'. 

22 minutes ago, Extintor said:

But, how can anybody craft the first runecrafting discipline without a runecrafting discipline or polish the first soulgem to catch the first thrall's soul without a jewelcrafting discipline? :P

Skill training...

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png