Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Staff

General chat must come back

15 minutes ago, Scorn said:

Not just friends and enemies but new players asking question as well. 
IMO that was the most valuable part of General Chat-the ability to reach a wide audience of everyone online

if im not online order has 0 guidance for new players, fortunately im a no life

hoayaga2.jpg

" Players will not be able to whisper each other across ecosystems. They can whisper to each other if they're both in the lobby, or both in-game and on the same faction. "

8*{

Getting harder to communicate

ScornofLife2.jpg

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure how much I like segmenting the community.  We're all going to likely end up in the same guild some day as proud "pre alpha vets" battling huge guilds that will inevitably come to this game.  Putting up partitions between the testers doesn't really accomplish anything.  Everyone likes to troll for a line or two after they kill someone, its a normal part of a pvp game.  If there are profanity/harassment/vulgarity issues, we should be able to screenshot the chats an send them to the CM team for review.

Lets not divide the player-base just yet.  Not a good thing.

General is a great tool for an alpha/beta community, make it so.

Edited by Ble

14 hours ago, Staff said:

if im not online order has 0 guidance for new players, fortunately im a no life

How else will they know that catapults are the herald of Mandalore.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

14 minutes ago, Ble said:

I'm not sure how much I like segmenting the community.  We're all going to likely end up in the same guild some day as proud "pre alpha vets" battling huge guilds that will inevitably come to this game. 

I doubt it. WAY too much mutual hatred out there.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Loss to community engagement imo 😟 We have a Free City with cross-faction trade, and we can switch factions for the next Campaign - this is not an RvR game (where you are always stuck with a realm choice) so limiting communication seems shortsighted to the CF design goals.

tiPrpwh.png

1 hour ago, soulein said:

I doubt it. WAY too much mutual hatred out there.

As the Head of Elven Relations (ER) for HoA, I welcome any chance to liaison with the stone ears, horsy round ears, round ears, d-ear, half round ears, the larger half round ears, the spicy round ears, hamster trash and escaped/former eunuch beasts of war of the great Elven empires.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I really don't get this constant push for us to not even be able to talk to other players. What if we fight a good fight and want to recruit a player for next CW? Or for Dregs?

Is there some big issue with whispers?

And I also agree about bringing back general chat, lack of communication is not helping and I would rather have some salt then nothing.

Posted (edited)

-1, because it will be abused 100%, more cons than pros in my opinion

Edited by Kreigon

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

12 minutes ago, Staff said:

what cons and how will it be abused

I'd like to know that as well.  No whispers, no general chat, what "problems" exactly do they think they're solving by alienating and isolating their players?  Major overkill, should be going the complete opposite direction.  

I personally enjoyed talking to people in other factions, a lot of interesting conversations came from thatv and it was easy to organize fights with other factions.

What really sucks right now is that order is so dead that staff, alpha, and I feel isolated from everyone else, it's making this campaign almost unbearable.