Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Staff

General chat must come back

I liked General Chat as well. Allowed for noobs to have a place to get questions answered and was good for people looking to trade.

Sure people talked really poorly of me after I ganked them but that just comes with the territory and I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. I'd like to continue adding to my screenshot collection.

Other games like Overwatch have general chats and there's far less accountability in those games when it comes to reputation. If someone is really being a real piece of garbage in general chat then it's going to follow them as your account name is your character name. 

I would like to see general chat return rather than being forced to join the various discord channels. Seems silly to keep factions from talking to one another and frankly I miss the community feeling it had. Having a general chat makes for more engaging gameplay and is more helpful for new players. I don't feel that General should include all servers though. Each server should have its own dedicated general chat. 

It might look like this: General/Faction/Zone/Guild/Group/Trade/Combat/Whispers(Me)

Add the ability to move tabs in order of preference as well as settings for each tab for toggling the various available channels to a tab including adding/deleting tabs.

On 3/22/2019 at 1:57 PM, ZYBAK said:

I liked General Chat as well. Allowed for noobs to have a place to get questions answered and was good for people looking to trade.

Sure people talked really poorly of me after I ganked them but that just comes with the territory and I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. I'd like to continue adding to my screenshot collection.

Other games like Overwatch have general chats and there's far less accountability in those games when it comes to reputation. If someone is really being a real piece of garbage in general chat then it's going to follow them as your account name is your character name. 

@ZYBAK @Zybak2 @Zybak3Maybe you wouldn't require having 3 accounts if General was reinstated. ;) 

Here's some real Tea Zy: You've ganked me while I was running to central city in the nude with no weapons. While your ganking may not be discriminatory, it's not very honorable either. The fact you play all three sides using multiple accounts doesn't make you a winner in my opinion. On a more positive note, at least you're not hiding behind different names which would be even more atrocious!

I do agree with you regarding player reputation though. *cough cough*

On 3/21/2019 at 5:19 PM, Scorn said:

" Players will not be able to whisper each other across ecosystems. They can whisper to each other if they're both in the lobby, or both in-game and on the same faction. "

8*{

Getting harder to communicate

This is just stupid. Why the custard they trying to World of Warcraft communication? In dregs people will be able to talk to each other, so why remove it from anything.

MMO's are built on social interactions. This does not promote social interaction. You get good and bad when people communicate. Accept it.... Don't fight it..... Shhhhh it'll be ok just let me finish.... my point....

Posted (edited)

Bring gen chat back.  Healthy trash talk is needed.  Thought this game was "play to crush" not play you can make your characters fight, but don't you dare say anything to the enemy other than "good fight" or "oh you, its ok you brought 20 people to kill 2 noobs" game.

Edited by Joyeuse

Formerly known as - AmazingTacoBurito

Faction chat and Zone chat are both faction based. They will obviously need to have something else for non-faction campaigns. Can't just have Guild chat.

On 3/25/2019 at 2:03 PM, nerion said:

MMO's are built on social interactions.

Pretty sure MMO's are built on computers, how else do they do all that coding?  But, w/e

I want General chat back if for no other reason than the absolutely epic @ZYBAK and @Endless rants that ensued after a ganking.

In all seriousness though faction chats are dead compared to General. Some of the conversations in General are why I switched factions from Balance to Order.