Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ble

The /who command needs to go.

ZYBAK is right, you guys try to shut down my ability to run multiple accounts on my top end computer, I'll just switch to running multiple accounts across the three different computers I have already running at my desk right now, and if I have to use a VPN to connect from different IPs if it gets that obnoxious.

Realistically, I usually only run one of my extra accounts on one of my side computers, occasionally, because it is more convenient to just alt-tab on the one single main computer. So removing multi-client on one computer would primarily just inconvenience me, not shut me down.

Now, if ACE somehow was capable of actually preventing me from using more than one of my accounts at the same time, even though that would seem to me impossible, than I would literally just liquidate all of my backer rewards and quit. They've added way to much grindy bullsht to the game that was never a part of the original design for me to put up with doing it all on one account at a time.

5 minutes ago, DocHollidaze said:

ZYBAK is right, you guys try to shut down my ability to run multiple accounts on my top end computer, I'll just switch to running multiple accounts across the three different computers I have already running at my desk right now, and if I have to use a VPN to connect from different IPs if it gets that obnoxious.

Realistically, I usually only run one of my extra accounts on one of my side computers, occasionally, because it is more convenient to just alt-tab on the one single main computer. So removing multi-client on one computer would primarily just inconvenience me, not shut me down.

Now, if ACE somehow was capable of actually preventing me from using more than one of my accounts at the same time, even though that would seem to me impossible, than I would literally just liquidate all of my backer rewards and quit. They've added way to much grindy bullsht to the game that was never a part of the original design for me to put up with doing it all on one account at a time.

None of that changes that the game is very clearly intended to play one at a time.  As a backer with as much or close to as much as you I empathize with your statement but I’m still capable of stepping back and looking at how bad it would be if multi boxing came to CF.  It was a blight in SB, it will be a blight here too. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

5 minutes ago, mandalore said:

None of that changes that the game is very clearly intended to play one at a time.  As a backer with as much or close to as much as you I empathize with your statement but I’m still capable of stepping back and looking at how bad it would be if multi boxing came to CF.  It was a blight in SB, it will be a blight here too. 

They could always try to refocus on making the game fun and combat-focused, rather than forcing people to spend hours and hours doing bullsht.

I get the need to make logistics and harvesting a thing, that is a key part of the original game design, but introducing the grind for vessels while simultaneously making it so critical choices on the talenting and disciplining of those vessels is irreversible is beyond ridiculous.

They moved the goalposts on me, and for that I altered the rules by which I was willing to play in order to counter that.

I don't like having my time wasted.

2 minutes ago, DocHollidaze said:

They could always try to refocus on making the game fun and combat-focused, rather than forcing people to spend hours and hours doing bullsht.

I get the need to make logistics and harvesting a thing, that is a key part of the original game design, but introducing the grind for vessels while simultaneously making it so critical choices on the talenting and disciplining of those vessels is irreversible is beyond ridiculous.

They moved the goalposts on me, and for that I altered the rules by which I was willing to play in order to counter that.

I don't like having my time wasted.

I agree with all of this.

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

It is obvious you should only be able to gather in enemy lands while outnumbered and nekkid. 

Gathering is already a chore. Getting murdered while gathering does not make gathering fun. It makes people quit playing if it happens too often.

4 minutes ago, srathor said:

It is obvious you should only be able to gather in enemy lands while outnumbered and nekkid. 

Gathering is already a chore. Getting murdered while gathering does not make gathering fun. It makes people quit playing if it happens too often.

I’ve never been ganked and blamed the system that didn’t properly coddle me. I blamed myself for not taking proper (and available) precautions. YMMV

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, srathor said:

That’s the thrill. Always the threat of a gank coming, constantly checking your surroundings, listening for any unusual sounds, and then when it does happen the joy of victory/escape or humiliation of defeat. Hunt and gather in packs

Edited by oneply

You bring 2 they bring 5, you bring 5 they bring 10. 

It stops being about gathering, and more about logistics and troop movements, and when you have to wait 2 hours for folks to get home so that you can go do a chore, to merely keep up with the joneses, it quickly becomes even less fun. 

It turns into a slog of a job and you go do something else. 

The risks are not worth the rewards. The scope goes from a semi fun needed activity to a god damn bother. 

Going out and gathering solo is a highly risky thing. But you get to keep the stuff you get away with. The biggest issue is you have to keep doing it because it is a full time job on it's own to supply yourself and others with mats and gear. So you keep taking risks. And some folks keep getting burned so they stop. 

Then you get where we are now. Everyone playing stealth gatherers, taking little risk on what they can control, and few people having fun at all. 

Working as intended.  You want to gather solo, prepare to get werkt or have an escape plan. Have a tanky gatherer.  If you want to take something squishy out gathering, go out alone, then get killed, well I’d say that was a poor decision.

30 minutes ago, srathor said:

You bring 2 they bring 5, you bring 5 they bring 10. 

It stops being about gathering, and more about logistics and troop movements, and when you have to wait 2 hours for folks to get home so that you can go do a chore, to merely keep up with the joneses, it quickly becomes even less fun. 

It turns into a slog of a job and you go do something else. 

The risks are not worth the rewards. The scope goes from a semi fun needed activity to a god damn bother. 

Going out and gathering solo is a highly risky thing. But you get to keep the stuff you get away with. The biggest issue is you have to keep doing it because it is a full time job on it's own to supply yourself and others with mats and gear. So you keep taking risks. And some folks keep getting burned so they stop. 

Then you get where we are now. Everyone playing stealth gatherers, taking little risk on what they can control, and few people having fun at all. 

I don't know you think solo gathering is going to work once they remove spirit bank and the server becomes even more populated.  As the game gets more and more populated solo plays goes away but that seems to be by design.  I don't see solo play being very successful unless you got a gimmick you can utilize. 

wiDfyPp.png

13 minutes ago, mandalore said:

I don't know you think solo gathering is going to work once they remove spirit bank and the server becomes even more populated.  As the game gets more and more populated solo plays goes away but that seems to be by design.  I don't see solo play being very successful unless you got a gimmick you can utilize. 

Getting off topic, but...

If I'm going to need bodyguards to protect me from an attack that may come at any time, or may not come at all, while I skin the same 3 Aurochs every 5 minutes for 2 hours, something needs to change to keep them involved in a process that today barely takes half of my time.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mandalore said:

The maps will also expand according to pop as well for a campaign...  there can be more zones with bigger maps.   There will always be times and places to solo harvest if you need to.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Posted (edited)

@Navystylz @Nieghclaw lets move the conversation to here so we dont spam the feedback chat anymore?

You too @Jah

Edited by mandalore
before the mods awaken with a great thirst for warnings

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)

Very on board with /who being nixed as a general rule because of it's rampant misuse however I hear it's also been nixed for guild chat?

Until we have the feature to see who is online in guild by looking at some kind of guild list it should remain for guild chat and guild chat only.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

6 hours ago, Andius said:

Very on board with /who being nixed as a general rule because of it's rampant misuse however I hear it's also been nixed for guild chat?

Until we have the feature to see who is online in guild by looking at some kind of guild list it should remain for guild chat and guild chat only.

Use discord?

wiDfyPp.png

2 hours ago, miraluna said:

Would be helpful to get a /whoguild command until we have a real guild/social UI in-game.

I disagree.  They should never get in the habit of temporary fixes to a problem as complex as missing guild features.  They will add guild features and it will be a nice qol but the lack of guild features doesn’t break the games mechanics or systems of play. 

wiDfyPp.png

13 hours ago, miraluna said:

Would be helpful to get a /whoguild command until we have a real guild/social UI in-game.

I agree with allowing /whoguild to see who's online in guild. While most of us do use Discord there are still a few people who can't or won't for whatever reason which shouldn't completely alienate them from being in a guild.