Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Redeeming EK assets for VIP

I think in most ways CF is still going in the direction I signed up for and the issues I do have with current direction........ I still have hopes of them getting course corrections again as well.

One thing I don't really see changing though is my need for all the EK Assets I currently own.  I have heard NOTHING in a long time on anything EK related at all.  I missed out on the EK asset swap out too that was like 18 months back.

I guess if I could "Risk" my assets by putting them out there to be destroyed in PVP in return for having my parcels produce "resources"........ Then yes, I would probably look into "Building a Kingdom" and let the fun - and probably "Loss" begin - but that would be FUN.

If they are truly just "Player housing"......... then I personally don't have any reason for so much.  Simply give a small Castel to son to play with and look for a way to recoup on the rest.  

Has anyone heard mention (And it would have been quite a while back) if there were any plans for in-game store/trading of assets?  If I could swap out my assets for VIP - Then that is simply SOLO BEUNO.......  if not, I hope there is "Something" I can do with them.

19 hours ago, Mayhem_ said:

I think in most ways CF is still going in the direction I signed up for and the issues I do have with current direction........ I still have hopes of them getting course corrections again as well.

One thing I don't really see changing though is my need for all the EK Assets I currently own.  I have heard NOTHING in a long time on anything EK related at all.  I missed out on the EK asset swap out too that was like 18 months back.

I guess if I could "Risk" my assets by putting them out there to be destroyed in PVP in return for having my parcels produce "resources"........ Then yes, I would probably look into "Building a Kingdom" and let the fun - and probably "Loss" begin - but that would be FUN.

If they are truly just "Player housing"......... then I personally don't have any reason for so much.  Simply give a small Castel to son to play with and look for a way to recoup on the rest.  

Has anyone heard mention (And it would have been quite a while back) if there were any plans for in-game store/trading of assets?  If I could swap out my assets for VIP - Then that is simply SOLO BEUNO.......  if not, I hope there is "Something" I can do with them.

Some general thoughts about this first. (and please note, when I say "you", i mean it in general and not you personally)

There have been two ways to get a stronghold.

• Buying a backer bundle that included one or more strongholds
  • Buying a specific stronghold bundle, while they were available.

In both cases - back in the days - it has been made clear, that these bundles were meant to contribute to the funding of the later game; to make sure the company will be able to make it. Of course those bundles contained stuff for the later game, but nothing of immediate importance regarding p2w aspects. And of course nobody (including the team) knew what would precisely be what in the final game anyways. And above that, as soon as the funding was done, those bundles have been removed from the shop.

Besides from contributing to the backing of the development,

• if you bought a single stronghold bundle, you may have wanted to have the regarding building/title in the later game. You will get that. So you should be good.
  • if you bought a backer bundle, the earlier you backed, the more hilarious is what you will get out of it. At kickstarter the bundles already contained multiple times the value of their price. Additionally, later the value of the strongholds increased dramatically after they did some development and were able to do more than just guessing. Like, a small castle bundle was originally calculated with 250$, but now the content value is 2,450$. The usual KS bundle value was 4 times the price. So if you bought a bundle with a small castle in it, you actually only paid 62.5$ for this stronghold. I don't see why anybody should now be able to get (2450/15=) 166 month VIP tickets for a spent 62.5$. And besides, 62.5 is a sum people who bought a package that included a castle shouldn't get a headache from. Just saying.

This said,

when the new world sizes and the island principle first came up, Todd mentioned that it would theoretically be possible to use this system to make campaign worlds out of EK's. There had been discussions about this before, because some people always liked the thought of being able to wage war against other guilds by attacking their kingdoms. But the island principle finally opened the opportunity. Todd didn't exclude the possibility of EK wars. I would assume that it is very unlikely to be included for launch (much more important stuff to do). But since the technology is there, I think there is an extremely good possibility that it may be included in a future extension.

By the way, stronghold bundles are expired shop bundles ... and by this can be legally traded with the trusted traders anshex.com and store.markeedragon.com. Though currently only markeedragon is offering (and sometimes buying) them. So, if someone doesn't see any other use for an owned stronghold, this may be a possibility.

Have fun, good luck ;)

Kraahk