Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Finding Your Murder - Official Discussion Thread

Posted (edited)

First there. 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Win. 

And even if you lost, cheer up. You contributed to the success of someone else. Well done either way. Yay!

edit: oh mandalore, you evil ninja editor... tsuh...

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

11 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

edit: oh mandalore, you evil ninja editor... tsuh...

^

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, mandalore said:

^

mine was an addit. yours was a removit. ninja refered to the stealth and hiding thing you did. how can i ever trust you again now, huh?

no wait, that would imply that i once ... wah, never mind.🙄

and just to stay on topic ... bonds arise everywhere. we just delivered a strong testament to this. so, guys 'n gals, even if you are not ready to join a guild yet (but you really should), try to get connected. use the ingame chat, the discord channels or even the forums ... but get connected. this game is meant to be played with others against others. not playing with someone means playing against anybody else. don't do that. don't be a lone soul. find your bonds. just saying. don't complain afterwards, if you don't try it.

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Hey when are we getting info on God's Reach?

How is the char controller revamp going?

Will the new stuff on test have any outside of spawning parcel effects?

Are we going to get a knob knurple adjustment or twist on the scoring of the next trial?

Is picking a guild important when there is not a god damn thing they are doing right now other than being a giant placard?

Are guild banks planned? For when. How big? Any work done on them yet? How are they controlled? How about bags?

Will healing ever get points on the boards? How about crafting? Gathering? 

Any thoughts on just how boring it is to take almost 20 minutes to single cap a fully taken objective? Any ideas on how to spice that up?

How about the lovely pathfinding ability, which is ignored by the mounts now. Should we have to wait for pathfinding to be done before mounting?

Any storage ideas coming for the massive amount of single use and disposable drops that will be coming to bloat bags?

I know yall are working your asses off. What are you working ON?

Any details? Any news? Any timelines. 

37 minutes ago, srathor said:

Are we going to get a knob knurple adjustment or twist on the scoring of the next trial?

Is picking a guild important when there is not a god damn thing they are doing right now other than being a giant placard?

Are guild banks planned? For when. How big? Any work done on them yet? How are they controlled? How about bags?

Any thoughts on just how boring it is to take almost 20 minutes to single cap a fully taken objective? Any ideas on how to spice that up?

How about the lovely pathfinding ability, which is ignored by the mounts now. Should we have to wait for pathfinding to be done before mounting?

Any storage ideas coming for the massive amount of single use and disposable drops that will be coming to bloat bags?

Srathor spitting fire today +1

1 hour ago, srathor said:

Funniest thing I have read all day!

"If your not failing sometimes, you aren't growing.  Without growth, there can never be greatness."

1 hour ago, srathor said:

SRATHOR HAS MASTERED THE YOGA FLAME TECHNIQUE!  

giphy.gif

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, mandalore said:

SRATHOR HAS MASTERED THE YOGA FLAME TECHNIQUE!  

giphy.gif

More donkey less yoga flame.

tenor.gif?itemid=5676799

Edited by cyjax
Title to this forum post is awful.

13 hours ago, srathor said:

I know we're hijacking the thread, but since Srathor has already discarded all decorum... ;) 

Nearly every point Srathor touched on has come up at one point or another in guild discord over the last week or two. There are a lot of issues that are "on the list" and have been there for a long time, but there's little sense among the players of what items are actually captured issues and what is flying under the radar, what issues and features are prioritized in what order, and when they might be addressed/introduced.

I think we all know that a timeline is going to be wrong before it's even published, nature of the beast; but I do think maintaining a web page with a bullet point list ordering high profile target goals, updated periodically, would go a long way toward resolving a good part of that without pulling back the curtain too far. 

Exposing the running open issues list would pull the curtain back farther than marketing might like, but it would let the players know in a very transparent way what issues you've recognized, even if those issues are not targeted for immediate resolution. Probably not in the cards, I understand.

4 minutes ago, VaMei said:

I know we're hijacking the thread, but since Srathor has already discarded all decorum... ;) 

Nearly every point Srathor touched on has come up at one point or another in guild discord over the last week or two. There are a lot of issues that are "on the list" and have been there for a long time, but there's little sense among the players of what items are actually captured issues and what is flying under the radar, what issues and features are prioritized in what order, and when they might be addressed/introduced.

I think we all know that a timeline is going to be wrong before it's even published, nature of the beast; but I do think maintaining a web page with a bullet point list ordering high profile target goals, updated periodically, would go a long way toward resolving a good part of that without pulling back the curtain too far. 

Exposing the running open issues list would pull the curtain back farther than marketing might like, but it would let the players know in a very transparent way what issues you've recognized, even if those issues are not targeted for immediate resolution. Probably not in the cards, I understand.

not letting us know what issues theyre working on sucks as a player, in another mmo i played 4v4 has been broken for years due to a bug that made pets and summons stand still along with shields not ending when their timer ran out allowing someone to essentially become immune to everything for an infinite duration, turns out after multiple forum posts, hundreds of reports, and spamming their twitch they didnt even know this game breaking bug existed until this year, knowing whats being worked on would help me sell this game to more of my friends, i wish companies understood transparency is loved by the communities they create, cloak and daggers is what poisons players against you 

1 hour ago, Staff said:

not letting us know what issues theyre working on sucks as a player, in another mmo i played 4v4 has been broken for years due to a bug that made pets and summons stand still along with shields not ending when their timer ran out allowing someone to essentially become immune to everything for an infinite duration, turns out after multiple forum posts, hundreds of reports, and spamming their twitch they didnt even know this game breaking bug existed until this year, knowing whats being worked on would help me sell this game to more of my friends, i wish companies understood transparency is loved by the communities they create, cloak and daggers is what poisons players against you 

but marketing seems to be the boss. always - there are 2 sides of a coin. but maybe our begging will be answered...

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Surelia said:

but marketing seems to be the boss. always - there are 2 sides of a coin. but maybe our begging will be answered...

Have they raised more money from backers? I think we have been at 5m for awhile now.

Edited by Marth

Well with /who being removed, it just highlights the lack of social functions with the one bit of ingame one we had with /who in guild tab.

We need social for friends and guild information.

We need guild window to see who is online and all the management that goes with that. This window should probably have the ability to invite to group without need to type /invite <name>. The ability for the window to show what maps people are on. Ability to hide offline members. 

Ability to invite and kick from within game. 

44 minutes ago, Navystylz said:

Well with /who being removed, it just highlights the lack of social functions with the one bit of ingame one we had with /who in guild tab.

We need social for friends and guild information.

We need guild window to see who is online and all the management that goes with that. This window should probably have the ability to invite to group without need to type /invite <name>. The ability for the window to show what maps people are on. Ability to hide offline members. 

Ability to invite and kick from within game. 

We do need more guild functionality in the game but /who was abused for ISR on a scale that far outweighs the social benefits of a few fringe players.   

wiDfyPp.png

11 hours ago, VaMei said:

I wish these smaller studios weren't afraid to be more open. If they aren't afraid, then it sucks they can't be bothered to be more open.

Much rather have honest communication with simple details then false guesstimates and hype that miss the mark which seems to be the standard.

"Alpha is 3 months away, can't wait for you to see everything we've been working on" ..... 9 months later... where Alpha at?

vs.

Frostweaver: Talent Trees in progress. Powers complete. Animations in progress for X race, Y race complete, Z race to follow. Expect in 6.0.

Advantages & Disadvantages: Postponed to post-launch.

Were Disciplines: No one likes them so we wiped the idea right off the white board.

Hype and missed/false promises < Open/honest communication and transparency.

Same goes for bugs and issues that have had no response (that is in a central location) that would make reporting more productive. No way the known issues list is everything and patch notes seem pretty sparse on what was fixed. Ways to do it that results in less wasted time for everyone.

Posted (edited)

I can`t pretend I`m happy with all this, this.. something. :) ok, I`ve trolled enough this day and hopefully the patch is downloaded so I can test out some good old fashion Crowfall, where SERVERS ARE actually working! ))

And NOT like GPortal in US hosting Outlaws, of the old west due to ping ISSUES so US PvP servers dont show up! 🍇

Why is goblin sad?  that is so sad.. :(

Edited by mythx

MQfHl7c.png

Crowfall Game Client: https://www.crowfall.com/en/client/