Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fade

Trial of Valkyn Extended

Recommended Posts

Please be aware, ACE is extending the Trial of Valkyn by two days for testing purposes. The Trial will now end on Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 9AM CDT/3PM CET for both NA and EU campaigns. Your participation in testing is a valuable part of the development process, and we appreciate your discussion and feedback. Thank you!

 

https://crowfall.com/en-US/news/articles/trial-of-valkyn-announcement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Fade said:

Please be aware, ACE is extending the Trial of Valkyn by two days for testing purposes. The Trial will now end on Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 9AM CDT/3PM CET for both NA and EU campaigns. Your participation in testing is a valuable part of the development process, and we appreciate your discussion and feedback. Thank you!

 

https://crowfall.com/en-US/news/articles/trial-of-valkyn-announcement

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Based on the presumptions that (1) the campaign that follows this one will be updated to 5.8.5 and (2) 5.8.5 will be accompanied by a wipe of at least our items...

@Pann @jtoddcoleman If a wipe is a week away it may behoove y'all to let us know beforehand. 😉

Edited by moneda

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, moneda said:

Based on the presumptions that (1) the campaign that follows this one will be updated to 5.8.5 and (2) 5.8.5 will be accompanied by a wipe of at least our items...

@Pann @jtoddcoleman If a wipe is a week away it may behoove y'all to let us know beforehand. 😉

This is what im suspecting aswell, im guessing they need a couple more days to make sure patch is ready and they wanna drop a wipe so spring falls on a weekend.

not sure if they want to let us know a wipe is coming cause population just evaporated for rest of the campaign if they do

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, moneda said:

Based on the presumptions that (1) the campaign that follows this one will be updated to 5.8.5 and (2) 5.8.5 will be accompanied by a wipe of at least our items...

@Pann @jtoddcoleman If a wipe is a week away it may behoove y'all to let us know beforehand. 😉

unannounced wipes is what drives players away, they need to let us know beforehand so we can use what we've been saving up this past wipe


If i'm not outnumbered it's not a real fight.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Staff said:

unannounced wipes is what drives players away, they need to let us know beforehand so we can use what we've been saving up this past wipe

Actually it's announced wipes that drive players away. Unannounced wipes keep people playing until the wipe, then create a flurry of excitement just after the wipe. Just look at the last wipe and you'll see. I think we had like 3 hours notice or something, and it was fantastic. Announcing a wipe now would turn the game into a ghost town for the next week, which would cause any new players coming in to think the game is dead and just quit.

I want a wipe to happen after this campaign, I even want it to be a full wipe including skills. But I also want to have fun playing the rest of this campaign.


corvus-logo.gif

Corvus Citadel is recruiting!

Come hang out with us on Discord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thimble said:

Actually it's announced wipes that drive players away. Unannounced wipes keep people playing until the wipe, then create a flurry of excitement just after the wipe. Just look at the last wipe and you'll see. I think we had like 3 hours notice or something, and it was fantastic. Announcing a wipe now would turn the game into a ghost town for the next week, which would cause any new players coming in to think the game is dead and just quit.

I want a wipe to happen after this campaign, I even want it to be a full wipe including skills. But I also want to have fun playing the rest of this campaign.

it was not a fantastic time last wipe, it was early in the day so there was hardly anyone on, i tried to get some duels going before wipe and only a couple people showed up, with more warning we could have had more fights, and having all of our farming efforts deleted without warning really sucks, its incredibly demoralizing to see your hours worth of work deleted before you can use it, perhaps its a mindset difference but i wouldnt stop fighting because some stuff is going to be deleted if anything id fight more knowing i dont need to care about durability at all, i can see why some would give up and quit, but i dont like that mindset and keep it from my guild, if you adopt it i cant stop you but i can disagree with you heavily and share my views on the battlefield 


If i'm not outnumbered it's not a real fight.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Staff said:

it was not a fantastic time last wipe, it was early in the day so there was hardly anyone on, i tried to get some duels going before wipe and only a couple people showed up, with more warning we could have had more fights, and having all of our farming efforts deleted without warning really sucks, its incredibly demoralizing to see your hours worth of work deleted before you can use it, perhaps its a mindset difference but i wouldnt stop fighting because some stuff is going to be deleted if anything id fight more knowing i dont need to care about durability at all, i can see why some would give up and quit, but i dont like that mindset and keep it from my guild, if you adopt it i cant stop you but i can disagree with you heavily and share my views on the battlefield 

Corvus Citadel had a great time last wipe. It was extremely exciting, and when the wipe hit we hit the ground running and had a ton of fun blitzing everything. We've been talking excitedly internally about a wipe for weeks now, we can't wait for it to happen. Like I said, we'd prefer a total skills wipe, and our theory is that it's coming - mainly because it's been long enough now that people are max on crafting. But we're even excited about just a gear wipe, even though we've crafted legendary gear. That journey has been exciting, and we look forward to the next. If you adopt the mindset that a wipe ruins your hard work, then I can't stop you, but I can disagree with you heavily. ;)


corvus-logo.gif

Corvus Citadel is recruiting!

Come hang out with us on Discord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Thimble said:

Corvus Citadel had a great time last wipe. It was extremely exciting, and when the wipe hit we hit the ground running and had a ton of fun blitzing everything. We've been talking excitedly internally about a wipe for weeks now, we can't wait for it to happen. Like I said, we'd prefer a total skills wipe, and our theory is that it's coming - mainly because it's been long enough now that people are max on crafting. But we're even excited about just a gear wipe, even though we've crafted legendary gear. That journey has been exciting, and we look forward to the next. If you adopt the mindset that a wipe ruins your hard work, then I can't stop you, but I can disagree with you heavily. ;)

corvus has legendary gear? certainly doesnt feel like it to my axes


If i'm not outnumbered it's not a real fight.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Staff said:

corvus has legendary gear? certainly doesnt feel like it to my axes

Well I've beaten you wearing greens, so not sure where the elitism comes from. But yeah, we have one piece of legendary, which counts for crafting legendary gear. ;)


corvus-logo.gif

Corvus Citadel is recruiting!

Come hang out with us on Discord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Thimble said:

Well I've beaten you wearing greens, so not sure where the elitism comes from. But yeah, we have one piece of legendary, which counts for crafting legendary gear. ;)

not this campaign and not alone thats for sure but i concede i may have died previously to several of you, and congrats you have 1 more legendary then me :(


If i'm not outnumbered it's not a real fight.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wheeeelp if there is a wipe then rip my 1500 blue iron and hard work ;-;

It would've been nice to have a heads up because I would've spent more time pvping than gathering at this point. I don't mind the wipes in general but when trying to gear out other guild members it'd be nice to know ahead of time instead of wasting hours.

And yes I know this is pre alpha and everything I can re-gather mats and yeah everything's gonna get wiped by the time live comes blah blah, but I can't get back time spent so... Yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Staff said:

not this campaign and not alone thats for sure but i concede i may have died previously to several of you, and congrats you have 1 more legendary then me :(

But did they have catapults? 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...