Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marth

R1 resources in safe zones.

unknown.png

So the new gods reach campaign just hit test and it looks like safe-zone adventure zones according to the map. 

unknown.png 

unknown.png

So now there is rank 1 resources in the following areas:

Spawn in 

Beach head

Gods reach?

Is there any reason at this point for EKs also to have r1 resources in them? The original logic was that eks should grant no resources because you have to take a risk and pvp to get them. These new zones throw that out the window (for rank 1s). Can eks have the same power as the other safe-zones (forest get r1 wood, hills r1 stone so forth). This latest campaign type feels like a better play to hang rather than an ek. More chest, ,more zones resources, (i would assume the beach heads still have traders), and pvp in the keep zone? 

Just now, Marth said:

Is there any reason at this point for EKs also to have r1 resources in them? The original logic was that eks should grant no resources because you have to take a risk and pvp to get them. These new zones throw that out the window (for rank 1s). Can eks have the same power as the other safe-zones (forest get r1 wood, hills r1 stone so forth). This latest campaign type feels like a better play to hang rather than an ek. More chest, ,more zones resources, (i would assume the beach heads still have traders), and pvp in the keep zone? 

The advanced resources in campaigns are still subject to competition whether it's in a PVP enabled area or not. 

In a private EK there would be no competition over the advanced resources there. 

That's the biggest reason I can think of not to allow advanced resources in EKs. 

Just now, blazzen said:

The advanced resources in campaigns are still subject to competition whether it's in a PVP enabled area or not. 

In a private EK there would be no competition over the advanced resources there. 

That's the biggest reason I can think of not to allow advanced resources in EKs. 

The beach heads on the campaigns were not really contested for the r1s tho.

Posted (edited)

Having god's reach implemented is a solution that flies in the face of the EK's.

Very disgusted with the choices being made. What use will player run EK's be when you can have your bluebie cake and eat it too. 

Oh and the last map I checked had up to rank 6's that I found so purples of certain types were available. I know it is all subject to change but dammit this is really really disheartening. 

Give the EK's the tools to fill the void. give the damn players the agency. Then if people are only playing in EK's they are still playing and hosting and have a connection with players. There is a subset of people that want to build and grow the game, that don't have an ACE paystub. 

And yeah I know this comment will be mocked.

But this sure as hell feels like a slap in the face. 

Edited by srathor

1 minute ago, moneda said:

Hm. @Pann I think that stream @jtoddcoleman and Melissa were gonna do needs to rescheduled ASAP. 😉 

From my understanding of SS posted to the unofficial discord. Its already on test.

3 minutes ago, Marth said:

From my understanding of SS posted to the unofficial discord. Its already on test.

I would assume that the stream they were going to do (that had to be cancelled due to a sick Todd) would have gotten into "why this exists." Regardless of whether it's on Test currently or not, that apparently still needs to happen.

7 minutes ago, srathor said:

what use will player run EK's be 

Aside from player malls and sparring rings, I've never had a clear understanding of the vision for EKs.

Was really hoping that the God's Reach live chat would settle that.

Just now, VaMei said:

Aside from player malls and sparring rings, I've never had a clear understanding of the vision for EKs.

Was really hoping that the God's Reach live chat would settle that.

Yeah if gods reach does everything eks would do. I feel like they just removed the purpose of eks. I would like to know their vision of what eks are. Most info on eks are out of date and every other person has their on impression of what eks do. 

Thank god the took the free city and changed it to only connect with beachheads and no longer connect to siege/adventure zones for people to stand in and wait around while being unkillable.

55 minutes ago, Marth said:

unknown.png

So the new gods reach campaign just hit test and it looks like safe-zone adventure zones according to the map. 

unknown.png 

unknown.png

So now there is rank 1 resources in the following areas:

Spawn in 

Beach head

Gods reach?

I would be ok if there were advance parcel that can be obtained via campaign that you can place in EK that provides Resources nodes like copper and iron and all that but they have to have a long respawn time. Mine parcel that can be obtained via campaign that can be placed in your EK would be interesting Has to have a a few hour re spawns though.

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, blazzen said:

I remember from the old "Fly on the wall" the idea of resource seeds. As long as they were not higher tier than 1, that would be an interesting thing to flesh out your EK with.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

9 minutes ago, ShadowwBoi13 said:

Thank god the took the free city and changed it to only connect with beachheads and no longer connect to siege/adventure zones for people to stand in and wait around while being unkillable.

Uuuhh, there are 4 zones on that map labeled Free City. 😅

1 minute ago, veeshan said:

I would be ok if there were advance parcel that can be obtained via campaign that you can place in EK that provides Resources nodes like copper and iron and all that but they have to have a long respawn time. Mine parcel that can be obtained via campaign that can be placed in your EK would be interesting Has to have a a few hour re spawns though.

Anything like that would be cool.

So its a newbie map for newbies.

OK cool.

You also want us to hang out here for a week between campaigns?

Boring. Guess I'll amuse myself by chasing newbies around and harvesting and killing everything they walk up to before they can. Nothing else to do.

I was hoping you'd give me a reason to visit EKs between campaigns. This seems disappointing unless there's some massive fun system we're not seeing here.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

1 minute ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

I remember from the old "Fly on the wall" the idea of bringing resource seeds from the CW's to your EK.  

Would be cool if they kept doing those.

5 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

So its a newbie map for newbies.

OK cool.

You also want us to hang out here for a week between campaigns?

Boring. Guess I'll amuse myself by chasing newbies around and harvesting and killing everything they walk up to before they can. Nothing else to do.

I was hoping you'd give me a reason to visit EKs between campaigns. This seems disappointing unless there's some massive fun system we're not seeing here.

Yeah thats my thing tho. If this is just better than eks, then whats the point in building them up and using the resources.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, moneda said:

I want slot machines.

I want "god's favor" to grace EKs between campaigns, awarding EKs weighted spawns of mats and animals based on if their owners won and how well they placed on their leaderboard.

Can't conflict with campaigns if you have to win campaigns to get the spawns and they only spawn when there's no campaign to go to.

Could award these as tokens that go in to a hippo at the dragon statue so that guilds or free cities of unaligned players can pool their favor.

Then I can charge people mining permits to profit off of all my spoils of war. Or sell my favor to someone who wants to harvest it.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"