• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marth

R1 resources in safe zones.

5 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

So its a newbie map for newbies.

OK cool.

You also want us to hang out here for a week between campaigns?

Boring. Guess I'll amuse myself by chasing newbies around and harvesting and killing everything they walk up to before they can. Nothing else to do.

I was hoping you'd give me a reason to visit EKs between campaigns. This seems disappointing unless there's some massive fun system we're not seeing here.

Only if you don't want a break.  Been seeing a bunch of complaints about the nightly keep fights being "too much".  So take a couple of day's break between the campaigns. 

Besides, when numbers get up, there will be different worlds starting up regularly, so I'm sure you won't have forced play gaps once that happens.

2 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

I want "god's favor" to grace EKs between campaigns, awarding EKs weighted spawns of mats and animals based on if their owners won and how well they placed on their leaderboard.

Can't conflict with campaigns if you have to win campaigns to get the spawns and they only spawn when there's no campaign to go to.

Could award these as tokens that go in to a hippo at the dragon statue so that guilds or free cities of unaligned players can pool their favor.

Then I can charge people mining permits to profit off of all my spoils of war.

This would actually be cool to see idk how it would be implemented. 

Posted (edited)

When people complain bout not enough shop spots :D 4 free cities!!! :D lol
on the other point only 2 seige zones means more PvP hahaha

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

1 minute ago, veeshan said:

Well people were complaining bout not enough shop spots, and not enough pvping happening, having only 2 seige zones may boost the PvP hahahaha

Zone cap 100/100 position in que 250.

Just now, Marth said:

Zone cap 100/100 position in que 250.

lol only during seiges times usualy only 200 people on outside of seige times, and a few of those are in the temple :P

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Marth said:

This would actually be cool to see idk how it would be implemented. 

In addition to badges you get a shiny token with a number on it. You can trade these or whatever.

You shove the token in to the dragon statue and it increases the "favor" score of the EK, which ticks down over time.

The "favor" score of the EK has no upper limit, and spawns are randomized but adhere to basic logic (e.g. trees spawn in forests etc.)

0-2000 = r1

2000-5000 = r2

etc. etc.

These ranks are highest near the statue and fall off via distance so even getting just over the r9 hump doesn't mean you got a whole EK full of r9s. It basically just keeps eating and begging people to come farm it or lose their wad. Encourages hoarding as a catch up mechanism? IDK.

In theory you could use this system to be a legit EK robber baron, charging farmers for access and using the taxes to buy more favor from campaign fighters.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

We haven't had the stream about this yet, so maybe there's more going on here than it seems, but God's Reach is the name of the 3-faction campaigns. Just because those campaigns may be set up this way, that doesn't mean campaigns in other bands will be. I seriously doubt the Dregs will have zones like these.

Posted (edited)

I’m fine gutting EK’s.  They should have no impact on the day to day of the game.  If the EKs matter then the game gets labeled P2W and It dies (as it should if it’s P2W).  

If all of the people opposed to EKs having no resources share one thing in coming, they have personally invested thousands of dollars into their EK, shouldn’t that be the proof that if EKs offer an advantage they are indeed P2W?  I gave CF a custard ton of money, I gave them my money so they could make the game; not so I could have an advantage in a dead game.

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Ek's were supposed to be the resting spots. The trader hubs. The place to play around and have some fun. A home to go to as a reward after a hard campaign. 

Now we are going to have beacheads, with up to rank 4 mobs and rank 1 other nodes.
Now we are going to have trader hub free cities. Vendors open to all. 
Now we have the start of Gods Reach / Training worlds created and run by ACE.
That can have all sorts of things. I saw in a previous map up to rank 6 nodes. But that can all be in flux and I did not explore the total map. 

The use of EK's will of course be gutted. We can't have players not able to be murdered. 
Except it the other special spots because people do not like being the victim.  Or after jumping to the least populated servers at off hour times when it is perfectly safe to gather, (other than a few die hard crooks who will hunt for hours to gank someone. 

What in the everloving custard are you guys thinking?

Give the Ek's a "seed" aspect of a gathering node system. Gotten from the Campaign worlds. We can use these to make a parcel that can be gathered from in limited amounts.  Only drops from rank 10's even, 5 node respawns then you need to sacrifice a certain amount of gold or items to recharge it.  Rank 5 cap on any nodes. 

To make up gauntlets for other players. 
Give us the same abilities to drop monster spawners.
And lootable chests...
Pvp flagable parcels.
The EK owner can ban asshats who misbehave. Of course on a ban, equipped gear is sent to the spirit bank of the banned person right?

custard!

2 hours ago, srathor said:

Ek's were supposed to be the resting spots. The trader hubs. The place to play around and have some fun. A home to go to as a reward after a hard campaign. 

Now we are going to have beacheads, with up to rank 4 mobs and rank 1 other nodes.
Now we are going to have trader hub free cities. Vendors open to all. 
Now we have the start of Gods Reach / Training worlds created and run by ACE.
That can have all sorts of things. I saw in a previous map up to rank 6 nodes. But that can all be in flux and I did not explore the total map. 

The use of EK's will of course be gutted. We can't have players not able to be murdered. 
Except it the other special spots because people do not like being the victim.  Or after jumping to the least populated servers at off hour times when it is perfectly safe to gather, (other than a few die hard crooks who will hunt for hours to gank someone. 

What in the everloving custard are you guys thinking?

Give the Ek's a "seed" aspect of a gathering node system. Gotten from the Campaign worlds. We can use these to make a parcel that can be gathered from in limited amounts.  Only drops from rank 10's even, 5 node respawns then you need to sacrifice a certain amount of gold or items to recharge it.  Rank 5 cap on any nodes. 

To make up gauntlets for other players. 
Give us the same abilities to drop monster spawners.
And lootable chests...
Pvp flagable parcels.
The EK owner can ban asshats who misbehave. Of course on a ban, equipped gear is sent to the spirit bank of the banned person right?

custard!

Preach