Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nick

The Hive

Anyone is welcome at this point, although that could change as we learn more about the game. For instance, the max guild size will probably be a determining factor eventually.

Until then, anyone interested is welcome. Most of the core folks here already group/communicate regularly. When we find out more about the game we'll decide what resources we need to make available and bring in everyone we can.

Morning Nick et al.

Carlos (firewizard) from wiz101 here. I'm new to the Guild thing. Can a person be a member of 2 guilds at same time? Can 2 (or more guilds) form alliances?

I don't think anyone knows that, or what the needs or limits of guild size are.  We'll have to wait for more details.

That all depends on how the devs implement the guild system. Probably not going to be allowed in two guilds with one character, although it's common for people to make spy accounts anyway. Politics is a big part of guild-based PvP, so alliances are probably in.

I think alliances between wiz guilds would be a good move. I am already seeing SB guilds trying to put a wedge in our player base. We will have numbers on our side and can be a true force in this game!

Betrayal is in the description of this game.. I would be wary of outsiders 

I think alliances between wiz guilds would be a good move. I am already seeing SB guilds trying to put a wedge in our player base. We will have numbers on our side and can be a true force in this game!

Betrayal is in the description of this game.. I would be wary of outsiders 

Totally agree with this.  I'm already in another wiz guild and really don't see there being a conflict between the two.  Alliances in these communities would make us a formidable force.  

My house is already divided when hubby (a former shadowbane player) said "sb members/guilds are hardcore", You're a wizardy girl. They going to kill you, take your sh.. and laugh while they do it.  I'd advise you not to play it."         - Oh sweet, now I REALLY want to play it. Game on!    

Regarding alliances, I'm interested to see how beta works. If all of the "groups" are going to be placed on a single server and just staged in, or if they'll end up playing in isolation. I'm hoping its the former.

Regarding alliances, I'm interested to see how beta works. If all of the "groups" are going to be placed on a single server and just staged in, or if they'll end up playing in isolation. I'm hoping its the former.

If this is the case, it will be interesting for the stranglers in a group of ppl who know each other well. Watch me be in a group of crazy egomaniacs that I've never met before. Wallflower much? Go big or go home?

In some cases that can be an advantage. I played one (poorly executed) strategy game where there was no way new players could ever match the resources of people who got on a server first and stuck with it.

In that case, learning how to play on the old server and patiently waiting for a new server launch where everyone started equally was the way you could really be competitive.

Going to assume, though, that the devs here will have a much better structure.

I wouldn't mind it either way.

ofc playing with ppl I know seems most comfortable. Put me on a team with firestarter or a guild full of Duelist101 staff/Mercs and I'd be most at home. Put me in a guild with others and I'm sure I'd fare decently.

What's the worst that can happen??? I get left behind in the dust? I doubt it! I'd fight my way out of any hole one way or another. All it takes is time :P