Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Navystylz

So much for 24/7 testing

God's Reach is a glorified EK. With nodes that don't matter. And Warbands, which also are low ranks, in non-pvp areas where people can troll you by looting your kills.

I really hope you guys don't expect us to sit in these things for long. Give us a real campaign.

7 minutes ago, pappy said:

You can't attack the other factions in God's Reach? What's the point of factions then?

There are 2 siege areas where people can fight. There are 3 training areas where people can't fight, but there are no forts or keeps there.

34 minutes ago, Arkade said:

There are 2 siege areas where people can fight. There are 3 training areas where people can't fight, but there are no forts or keeps there.

And why would you do that? Most people will not play because it's meaningless. No Trial, no winnable campaign. No nodes worth farming because they are capped at R5. Not going to go prey on newbs that actually get something out of farming that stuff. So as @Ble said, 100% worthless to most of us.

Posted (edited)

It is totally fine to have such thing for newbies to farm in peace and learn the Basics, eventually even go out and try catch some pvp in the 2 Areas. But it's really nothing more than that. As mentioned before. It's 100% useless to everyone else. I really hope they don't want us to sit in this for several days or a week even. 

People will just go look for something else to play and chances are that this is going to narrow out the playerbase more instead of rising it.

Edited by Feydan

Signatur.PNG

Posted (edited)

You could you know, go try out the latest and greatest on test if you don't like spending time in GR. This isn't a launched game yet, so maybe lower your expectations about 24/7 campaign uptime.  24/7 testing is still a thing, just not testing the thing you happen to want to test, not all the things that need to be tested.

xawckgy.jpg

Besides, there have been complaints from the other side of the argument about 24/7 daily competition being too draining.  Go take a few days break if you find nothing interesting to do in GR.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Well while you are right, i doubt you will get people to play more in this way, expect even less. Which means less data, less testing..
So it doesn't fill the purpose, does it?

It's not that i am expecting anything like a launched game, im fine with how things are going, but you can't expect people to play competitive CW's the whole time and then play cuddlefall for a week. Active people playing is shrinking already in Wintertime because theres simply not much to do outside of sieges or maybe SOME pvp. Now that even this isn't given anymore you won't see many people playing i assume. So yea, if you expect people to lower their expectations, you can expect less Data from testing too, which means longer time testing, and so on and so on..i think you see where i am trying to go with this.

Signatur.PNG

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Feydan said:

Well while you are right, i doubt you will get people to play more in this way, expect even less. Which means less data, less testing..
So it doesn't fill the purpose, does it?

Depends.  How many people take the exit once they get rolled stepping into the competitive world, find they started in winter and can't harvest anything, or join and see their randomly selected faction has zero chance of winning?

We may see a fall off in the hardcore that are already committed to play to win, but I bet there will be an uptick in the lookie lous of the world sticking around longer to kick tires and try some stuff. 

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Posted (edited)

I was hoping they would fix the forever endless chaos ember farm that was found and exploited in the EK.
Instead they made an entire server where you can endlessly farm dust + embers with 0 repercussions from being killed by an enemy player.

all you need to do is get the embers in gods reach, enter the campaign to hit R10 nodes for the ores or leathers and in no time everyone will be in legends.

i understand the point.... teaching people to play the game without being screwed over by the vet players instantly. But it needs to be limited so people don't just farm Gods Reach and never have to enter the campaign. It was already hard finding harvesters on the enemy factions that are worth it, but now its going to be a ghost town. 

please re-think the drops of certain things inside gods reach! 

Edit: since gods reach has opened, farming r3 nodes, aquired 22 embers.......

Edited by Jokes_on_you

I am fully on that side that this is great for a better New player experience which has been pretty bad up until this point because of the reasons we all know.

It's just the fear to lose commited players because we are again left with no Info whatsoever when a new CW is going to happen. I can easily do with some days off the CW but still i would like to know when the new one is starting. :)

I don't wanna talk down GR i think it is a fresh and good thing to have, especially for the Newbies to not get kicked in the Face and never come back after leaving the beachhead.

Signatur.PNG

10 minutes ago, Jokes_on_you said:

I was hoping they would fix the forever endless chaos ember farm that was found and exploited in the EK.
Instead they made an entire server where you can endlessly farm dust + embers with 0 repercussions from being killed by an enemy player.

all you need to do is get the embers in gods reach, enter the campaign to hit R10 nodes for the ores or leathers and in no time everyone will be in legends.

i understand the point.... teaching people to play the game without being screwed over by the vet players instantly. But it needs to be limited so people don't just farm Gods Reach and never have to enter the campaign. It was already hard finding harvesters on the enemy factions that are worth it, but now its going to be a ghost town. 

please re-think the drops of certain things inside gods reach! 

Agree with you on dust and embers that it's a risk but not so bad as I think you are making out. The fact is, even with the safe eternal tree in EK's, dust and embers are still the primary bottleneck on getting good gear. So I'm not so worried about it, especially since dust/embers are the one thing that newbs can harvest that the vets will be interested in buying from them. It's more a currency than gold is.

The T10 nodes are a temporary situation because of the coupling of parcel Tier to Monster difficulty.  In the future they are going to be seperate, so they can have T1 only nodes, AND monsters difficult enough to level to 30 off of, on the same parcel.

They could have given the EK's the tools to make a good starting experience. 
Mob spawners, Rank 1 advanced mats. (With seeds from Campaign worlds to refresh spawns of the rank 1 stuff.)
Some placeable chests and bank chests. (You know like there use to be in the crypt. It had a local bank box.)
If they gave us parcel based pvp flags and placeable capture point  campfire flags we could even have started up minigames and EK faction wars or something. 

The EK's were supposed to be the resting point between Campaign worlds.  They tossed that out and years of work with the gods reach stuff.

The 10 minute afk timer is just the straw. I cannot keep the lawn up and running without deliberately breaking the ToS in a very obvious way. But with the publish of Gods Reach the writing is on the wall. 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, srathor said:

They could have given the EK's the tools to make a good starting experience. 
Mob spawners, Rank 1 advanced mats. (With seeds from Campaign worlds to refresh spawns of the rank 1 stuff.)
Some placeable chests and bank chests. (You know like there use to be in the crypt. It had a local bank box.)
If they gave us parcel based pvp flags and placeable capture point  campfire flags we could even have started up minigames and EK faction wars or something. 

The EK's were supposed to be the resting point between Campaign worlds.  They tossed that out and years of work with the gods reach stuff.

The 10 minute afk timer is just the straw. I cannot keep the lawn up and running without deliberately breaking the ToS in a very obvious way. But with the publish of Gods Reach the writing is on the wall. 

Your assuming they won't do those things, which I don't think is fair.

This is most certainly a case of expediency to accomplish the goals set out in the post

• When do we update the game?

• How do we keep players from burning out?

• What to do with new players?

All the things you ask for will probably take too much time at the moment from other priorities, and don't address some of the issues above,  while slapping up a gods reach was a quicker response to an obvious set of problems revealed in the last four campaigns. 

As someone with a development background, even solving the "when do we update the game" will make GR worth it from a development velocity point of view.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

8 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Agree with you on dust and embers that it's a risk but not so bad as I think you are making out. The fact is, even with the safe eternal tree in EK's, dust and embers are still the primary bottleneck on getting good gear. So I'm not so worried about it, especially since dust/embers are the one thing that newbs can harvest that the vets will be interested in buying from them. It's more a currency than gold is.

I think its as bad as it seems, free unlimited farming of a High tier item still seems broken to me.
Why would any guild buy embers when they can have a few harvesters in God's Reach farming their own in a rotation of smaller nodes? Sure the common mats would be out the Wazoo but so would the embers and dust... flooding the market more than it is already. (did u see the free city vendors and stacks of dust?)

Unless u remove or lower  drop for embers in Gods reach then it will just become another exploit.

2 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

This is most certainly a case of expediency to accomplish the goals set out in the post. All the things you ask for will probably take too much time at the moment from other priorities,  while slapping up a gods reach was a quicker response to an obvious set of problems revealed in the last four campaigns. 

Sure, but I don't think it was a good idea to try solve that set of problems with one combined solution. The needs of new players and vets between campaigns are very different. The contradictions keep God's Reach from providing for either of them well. Combine that with effectively shutting down the market eks and this was pretty badly screwed up, imo.

IhhQKY6.gif

4 minutes ago, Jokes_on_you said:

I think its as bad as it seems, free unlimited farming of a High tier item still seems broken to me.
Why would any guild buy embers when they can have a few harvesters in God's Reach farming their own in a rotation of smaller nodes? Sure the common mats would be out the Wazoo but so would the embers and dust... flooding the market more than it is already. (did u see the free city vendors and stacks of dust?)

Unless u remove or lower  drop for embers in Gods reach then it will just become another exploit.

My guess is the stacks of dust in the free city are coming from macros and the eternal tree in the EK's and not something inside of GR or from normal player behavior.

To be honest, I have always thought that dust and embers should be exempt from transfer to and from spirit bank and any campaign world.  Go ahead and harvest as much dust in EKs as you like, but you have to convert it into useful goods before it can move to campaign.

1 minute ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

My guess is the stacks of dust in the free city are coming from macros and the eternal tree in the EK's and not something inside of GR or from normal player behavior.

To be honest, I have always thought that dust and embers should be exempt from transfer to and from spirit bank and any campaign world.  Go ahead and harvest as much dust in EKs as you like, but you have to convert it into useful goods before it can move to campaign.

did u miss the part where i said i have farmed 22 embers already in God's Reach

Posted (edited)

I sold stacks of dust and embers (made about 160k in 3 days) from hitting R3 nodes during spring. I am currently doing the same in GR and personally have 19 embers and 1600 dust in 94 minutes. I'll have enough embers to make an epic chest piece and 4 sets of full blues before dinner time. At least before I had the threat of getting ganked/stopped/losing whats in my inventroy. Now its freeee mats. 

Edited by Thundar