Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Navystylz

So much for 24/7 testing

Posted (edited)

Why is it people pretending to be hardcore, whom you barely ever see in game if at all, always advocating something is broke and needs to be nerfed to make this Farmville poorly made socks even more so?

Also stop pretending it's so dangerous in CW to farm. Honestly if you get ganked and lose anything you are bad or have a really crappy farm strategy. 

No body expected this game to be a 2nd job of farming to provide gear for everyone--unless you're guildless or just selfish to your own needs. 

There is this imaginary fantasy everyone is running around in all epics or legendaries when the sad truth is there is never enough embers to keep up. I even farm the crap with gear specifically to maximize dust and while you can get bursts of embers it evens out and still takes hours and hours of farming to get decent numbers.

Monk, who literally loves farming and did it all day, every day only had 2 stacks in his spirit bank. 

Guild effort means guild gearing, and this sky is falling rhetoric is getting old. Not everyone wants the game balanced around what the outliers can do with farming. 

Edited by Navystylz

9 minutes ago, Navystylz said:

There is this imaginary fantasy everyone is running around in all epics or legendaries when the sad truth is there is never enough embers to keep up. I even farm the crap with gear specifically to maximize dust and while you can get bursts of embers it evens out and still takes hours and hours of farming to get decent numbers.

Not true. Last campaign alone we geared out legends/epics. And that's 1 campaign length of time of casual farming R10's for high rank ore and farming low rank nodes for dust/embers. the rumor is there for a reason just because you yourself don't have epic/legend gear doesn't mean others don't.

3 minutes ago, Tyrannicall said:

An easy fix for this is just lock down Exports on GR. 

So punish the actual new people too? Welcome to game, lose all you achieved in your learning world. 

I think the intention is to help them learn the game. The harvesting/crafting/combat loops to be used in the main CW. Once the parcels are all R1 anything they get will be basically useless anyways.

2 minutes ago, Jokes_on_you said:

Not true. Last campaign alone we geared out legends/epics. And that's 1 campaign length of time of casual farming R10's for high rank ore and farming low rank nodes for dust/embers. the rumor is there for a reason just because you yourself don't have epic/legend gear doesn't mean others don't.

I call hogwash. But doesn't matter, devs can see the real metrics. 

Just now, Aryie said:

but that was before they fixed the beneficial harvest right?

Ya, there is that. But we farmed more than casual. So I know how well different quality ore drops and requirements to make good gear. We have banks full of blues and lots of purples, but no where near enough legendary that could gear out a bunch of people. Definitely not with "casual" farming. Maybe his idea of casual is why he thinks embers is an issue and most us don't. His casual could be our grind. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Jokes_on_you said:

7 minutes ago, Navystylz said:

I would like some metrics on what is being called "casual". Your "casual" may be 90% of other peoples "hard core".

R10's by some definitions are not casual by design. They require a foreman, and pretty decent tools or advanced passive training, and good node path plan, and possibly a group that fights off the zombies if your in the caverns etc.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

1 minute ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

I would like some metrics on what is being called "casual". Your "casual" may be 90% of other peoples "hard core"

Lol, exactly what I was thinking from following the thread. My farm game could be totally off 😁

5 minutes ago, Navystylz said:

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

Well there's 3 examples without scrolling to far into discord. and mandalore also had an example of a legend chest. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Aryie said:

its gonna take months for us to get to that level when they turn off the x3 skill points thing

this is true, but if GR stays how it is embers wont be an issue... ever.

we would have the mats way before actual training to craft said items.

Edited by Jokes_on_you

11 minutes ago, Jokes_on_you said:

unknown.pngunknown.pngunknown.png

Well there's 3 examples without scrolling to far into discord. and mandalore also had an example of a legend chest. 

It's expected for chests and weapons to be upgraded. Even if by these pictures clearly aspects were skimped on and not large rerolled. 3 examples hardly constitutes the problem you'd have us believe. 

my problem so far has still been free endless farming of embers with no consequences. either in the EK's or GR. unlimited farming of the most coveted resource currently in the game will mess up the economy in the long run. only reason gear was posted was to proves that its out there. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Jokes_on_you said:

my problem so far has still been free endless farming of embers with no consequences. either in the EK's or GR. unlimited farming of the most coveted resource currently in the game will mess up the economy in the long run. only reason gear was posted was to proves that its out there. 

I say the above because I've crafted better, with unfinished blacksmithing and forgetting to increase cap on experimentation with the techniques runes.

This illustrates that if embers were really an issue the crafter would 1) have better crafting gear so that they could roll better, 2) wouldn't be skipping out on large rerolls, 3) also shows crafting a quality before they're actually worth crafting, 4) only showing chest and weapons, if unlimited embers were an issue, where is the FULL epic, FULL legendary? 

Many guilds have already chimed in about the cost vs effort vs reward in doing this on a large scale for guilds and most people they know are running around in blues, or blues with epic chest/weapons. 

EDIT: Also gotten more dust and embers faster from doing circruits around the keep. We've never once lost materials farming, either because 90% of the time we aren't bothered by anyone, and the other 10% of time we have a set up that prevents losing material. No, we don't spirit bank that close to the keep.

Edited by Navystylz

It's five days of NSA PVP people, get out there and get ganked. You're sick of the circle standing and nightly sieges? Yeah ME TOO. Lets break up the zergage and have some small scale. I dare you.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Navystylz said:

I say the above because I've crafted better, with unfinished blacksmithing and forgetting to increase cap on experimentation with the techniques runes.

just proving the point further that legends/epic gear is in circulation. even if  you only have chest/weapons thats still better than 80% of other players and 100% better than anyone joining thats "new". 

and again thats not my issue here. my issue is free embers with 0 risk.

Edited by Jokes_on_you