Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Navystylz

So much for 24/7 testing

2 minutes ago, Jokes_on_you said:

just proving the point further that legends/epic gear is in circulation. even if  you only have chest/weapons thats still better than 80% of other players and 100% better than anyone joining thats "new". 

I never said they weren't in circulation. That's obvious. I said casual farming didn't epic and legendary out a bunch of people...

Thank god!! its not just me with this complaint.  thought I was being to negative but I see I am not alone.  I logged in today NOT knowing there was a break, fully expecting to go out and test out some of my new higher level mining skills on rank 10 iron nodes and hopefully get some good ore for some better armor but I was disappointed with there NOT being a campaign and not only that (because I get needing a break from things but ) there was no where to go and test out my higher end mining skills or go kill some higher end content or nothing.  Just a noob zone which is fine because the newer players need a place they can get acclimated to the game but shouldn't there be somewhere for those who have moved beyond the noob zone to go to have fun or are we just expected to NOT play for a few days until something becomes available for us???  Not acceptable.......  :(  :(  

34 minutes ago, Drizzzt said:

expected to NOT play for a few days until something becomes available for us??? 

You could switch your goals for a few days - help out by trying the new War Tribes and the new Noob Island layout, and give feedback on that (until next Trial starts on Apr 2). We are still testers, so consider this a focus test :)

tiPrpwh.png

4 hours ago, miraluna said:

You could switch your goals for a few days - help out by trying the new War Tribes and the new Noob Island layout, and give feedback on that (until next Trial starts on Apr 2). We are still testers, so consider this a focus test :)

Some of us actually tested this crap on test. Which had a real campaign, with real higher lvl ones. Not this R5 crap. And guess what? They went live with every last issue we reported on test. Because does test EVER fix the crap we report?? 

1. Unlimited CC groups that can spam there CC non-stop

2. Unlimited healing mobs

3. Minor disciplines drop rate is so horrendous, we'll be stuck without minors unless we kept them on prior to campaign going down. 

War tribes are cool, but so broken right now and we were told to suck it up in live stream basically.

3 hours ago, Navystylz said:

Some of us actually tested this crap on test. Which had a real campaign, with real higher lvl ones. Not this R5 crap. And guess what? They went live with every last issue we reported on test. Because does test EVER fix the crap we report?? 

1. Unlimited CC groups that can spam there CC non-stop

2. Unlimited healing mobs

3. Minor disciplines drop rate is so horrendous, we'll be stuck without minors unless we kept them on prior to campaign going down. 

War tribes are cool, but so broken right now and we were told to suck it up in live stream basically.

Don't forget selling discs in the vendor, on a cooldown

Despite being told if they do this people will just horde them and time the cooldown.

Can anyone take a wild guess what's happening?

38 minutes ago, Silverbranch said:

Don't forget selling discs in the vendor, on a cooldown

Despite being told if they do this people will just horde them and time the cooldown.

Can anyone take a wild guess what's happening?

Guy named farm been parked at it for hours. 

Posted (edited)

I mean, I understand you guys want a campaign with higher node levels but holy moly man. We don't have a campaign up for ONE DAY and this is the response...thats incredible to me. 

Feels like everyone complaining here is way too entitled. Like, oh no there isn't a CW for a few days or a week, life is over. I get you wanna play the game with higher nodes but man, take a step back and chill out. Of course everything won't get fixed instantaneously from reports on TEST, we report them so the dev team is aware of them.

Unbelievable some of the emotions going around this forum. Give the dev team a break. Wowie

Edited by 1304049

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, 1304049 said:

I mean, I understand you guys want a campaign with higher node levels but holy moly man. We don't have a campaign up for ONE DAY and this is the response...thats incredible to me. 

Feels like everyone complaining here is way too entitled. Like, oh no there isn't a CW for a few days or a week, life is over. I get you wanna play the game with higher nodes but man, take a step back and chill out. Of course everything won't get fixed instantaneously from reports on TEST, we report them so the dev team is aware of them.

Unbelievable some of the emotions going around this forum. Give the dev team a break. Wowie

1304048 was a nicer guy...

I empathize with wanting a constant test cycles but others are complaining about burn out and the devs need to time to push updates.  The CW being down is fine.  Gods Reach and EKs being a haven for ember farming is the problem you people should be bitching about. 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

28 minutes ago, mandalore said:

others are complaining about burn out

People may claim burnout but I don't buy it because the answer is simple for each of us.  when I feel myself getting burned out of a game, I take a break from said game for a bit and play another.  I don't expect the development team to factor MY burnout into their game design.  The rest of us have a more legitimate complaint.  We bought the game to play said game.  Not get stuck in the noob zone for a while twiddling our thumbs.  To me the answer is simple.  Gods reach is nice but they need to add to it.  maybe one or two landmasses designed with the higher level players in mind so when these "breaks" come, the higher level players have something to do rather than sit in noob zone twiddling thumbs.  that's my two cents.  :)  :)  cheers :)  :)  

Posted (edited)

God reach is just a newbie training ground, however that being said i feel its too lucrative atm to just farm mobs there over the CW for Gold and recipe drops with no risk at all. 

Edited by veeshan

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Stopped reading 2 pages in. Hoping that once the game is farther along all materials will be excluded from import. No reason for gold or dust to move between worlds. Ideally you would never be able to import more than a set of gear at the most generous import limit.

aeei5jG.png

Posted (edited)

nvm

Edited by mandalore
nope

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, Drizzzt said:

People may claim burnout but I don't buy it because the answer is simple for each of us.  when I feel myself getting burned out of a game, I take a break from said game for a bit and play another.  I don't expect the development team to factor MY burnout into their game design.  The rest of us have a more legitimate complaint.  We bought the game to play said game.  Not get stuck in the noob zone for a while twiddling our thumbs.  To me the answer is simple.  Gods reach is nice but they need to add to it.  maybe one or two landmasses designed with the higher level players in mind so when these "breaks" come, the higher level players have something to do rather than sit in noob zone twiddling thumbs.  that's my two cents.  :)  :)  cheers :)  :)  

Good thing it's still a pre-alpha test then eh? 

This would be a disaster if it was actually a released game, and not just a community influenced test cycle.

There is a reason ACE backed off on the "sanctioned" campaigns.  They know it's not a worthy game yet.  Seems some haven't got that message yet.

1 hour ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

There is a reason ACE backed off on the "sanctioned" campaigns.  They know it's not a worthy game yet.  Seems some haven't got that message yet.

There isn’t much for good games in the mmorpg genre. The old good games destroyed themselves catering to carebears. The only prospects are the new games in alpha/beta. Look at the avg age thread. Most of us were teens or older in the early days of the genre. We watched/played as the greats imploded themselves. No one wants to see that, so every action someone perceives as a step in the destructive direction is going to get whined about.  Plus we’re supposed to provide feedback, so.....

Posted (edited)
On 3/28/2019 at 9:57 AM, Navystylz said:

God's Reach is a glorified EK. With nodes that don't matter. And Warbands, which also are low ranks, in non-pvp areas where people can troll you by looting your kills.

I really hope you guys don't expect us to sit in these things for long. Give us a real campaign.

I think testing is the point of this. War Tribes are a new mechanic and they want to test out their new player experience thing.

I'd agree that this isn't the most exciting test for anyone who isn't actually a new player, but it is a valuable one.

I'm planning to roll out a new while vessel today and take it as far as I probably ever would in this new player experience area. I'd suggest doing the same but if that doesn't interest you, I'd suggest taking a bit of a break. Go spar with people in an EK or just play a different game for awhile. Good time to play a Total War campaign if you like that series. :)

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

I'm a new player, I still have little urge to play when we're locked into GR. 

Test had GR but it also had a campaign. GR will naturally be tested as time goes by, as new players enter the game and organically venture out into the world via God's reach. As for new content, we can't even properly test wbs because of the tier limitation enforced by the fact we're locked into God's reach. 

The countering burn out 'logic' is just baffling, the honus is on the player to do something about burning Out, all an ingrained mechanic is going to do is disillusion the players who want to, y'know, actually play the game. 

Crowfall, the throne war simulator you can win! Except for the periods where we lock you an area that is pvp disabled in most areas, and entirely unwinnable.

On top of this we received no communication to show this was there intent, they said they were releasing this zone, and in the future they could use it for downtime, and then we got dumped into it, the first we heard of GR being the only available zone is when we got the announcement saying the next campaign was a week away. 

We hadn't heard anything so I imagine many of us were running on the assumption we'd be flowing straight into the next campaign and would be able to do some sweet sweet weekend harvesting during spring. 

Instead we get dumped into GR, told there wouldn't be another campaign for a week, and then complete radio silence.

Yes it's a test, yes this will likely discover some kinks in GR that might have taken a few weeks to find otherwise, but it still leaves a bitter taste in my, and seemingly a significant other chunk of the communities mouth, to be put into this scenario, especially with the complete lack of communication on ACEs part. 

</wall of text>

10 minutes ago, Silverbranch said:

I'm a new player, I still have little urge to play when we're locked into GR. 

Test had GR but it also had a campaign. GR will naturally be tested as time goes by, as new players enter the game and organically venture out into the world via God's reach. As for new content, we can't even properly test wbs because of the tier limitation enforced by the fact we're locked into God's reach. 

The countering burn out 'logic' is just baffling, the honus is on the player to do something about burning Out, all an ingrained mechanic is going to do is disillusion the players who want to, y'know, actually play the game. 

Crowfall, the throne war simulator you can win! Except for the periods where we lock you an area that is pvp disabled in most areas, and entirely unwinnable.

On top of this we received no communication to show this was there intent, they said they were releasing this zone, and in the future they could use it for downtime, and then we got dumped into it, the first we heard of GR being the only available zone is when we got the announcement saying the next campaign was a week away. 

We hadn't heard anything so I imagine many of us were running on the assumption we'd be flowing straight into the next campaign and would be able to do some sweet sweet weekend harvesting during spring. 

Instead we get dumped into GR, told there wouldn't be another campaign for a week, and then complete radio silence.

Yes it's a test, yes this will likely discover some kinks in GR that might have taken a few weeks to find otherwise, but it still leaves a bitter taste in my, and seemingly a significant other chunk of the communities mouth, to be put into this scenario, especially with the complete lack of communication on ACEs part. 

</wall of text>

The irony is that GR is supposed to be for you and even you don't want to play it.  What does that say about the system? 

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Silverbranch said:

Except we are still in testing phases and stuff like this should literally be expected and players should not feel entitled to play a fully functional game 24/7 or even a test 24/7. The devs don't owe us a CW online every single week with no downtime. People don't understand it seems that even coming close to a 24/7 testing environment at this stage is pretty uncommon and we're lucky to have that chance.

And I mean, PvP is locked in 3 of the 5 zones. Why are people so against just going to a siege zone if they want to fight lol. 

14 minutes ago, Silverbranch said:

Except the livestream where JTodd literally said he doesn't want CW's to start immediately after another one like 4 days before the CW ended. If you can't extrapolate that to thinking we will have some downtime on CW's then...sorry, that's on you not them. 

Can't actually believe people are so agitated by this. Pretty funny imo. Only complaint I can understand is farming embers freely (which was already in EK's so, same issue) and the occasional drop from war tribes freely. Everything else makes me laugh

Edited by 1304049