Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Navystylz

So much for 24/7 testing

4 minutes ago, 1304049 said:

double post accident

"accident"

Ban the heretic.

There should be some down time, down time can be good.  People have lives, kids, friends, pets, affairs, addictions and jail time to handle now that spring is here and a small few day break gives people the time to live outside of the game. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)

People aren't screaming for blood, they're expressing annoyance, and no matter how many times you spam the say message of "ayylmao it's just a test why are you so entitled lmao this is hilarious" it's not going to change people's annoyance. 

And why not roll straight into another campaign, as I said and you entirely glossed over, why should it be the games responsibility to stop content, so that the minority who may be burnt out, can have a rest, I don't know abiut you, but I'd rather say, play the game? Moving forward, dumping us in GR going forward whilst performing upgrades is one thing, just arbitrarily having breaks between the campaigns so that people don't 'burn out' is another. The majority of the player base shouldn't be left high and dry in the name of the minority. 

"why don't people go to the pvp zones if they want pvp" this ties into the fact that y'know, its a pvp game. Add to this the whole ember/dust debacle and yeah, we're in a whole land of questionability. You ought not be that surprised that people who are playing a PvP game are a bit miffed at the introduction of safe open world zones. 

As for the stream, you mean that stream which occurs in the middle of the working day, and was however long? If only they had a forum where they could asyncly provide information in a neat and concise fashion. And the live stream was what, 4 or so hours prior to the end of the campaign, sure that's communication, barely. 

For all you like spouting about the fact this is a test, you seem mightily against people providing their opinion and feedback. 

Edited by Silverbranch

The devs say a lot of things. They actually said they didn't want to jump into back to back Trial of the God's campaigns and give people a chance to regroup and plan for the next one. Nothing about this precluded not having a proper campaign world. You could, you know, have a world without gold crest competition so that you could feel you can rest if needed, without forcing everyone else to rest too. 

16 minutes ago, Silverbranch said:

For all you like spouting about the fact this is a test, you seem mightily against people providing their opinion and feedback. 

Much less feedback as it is the near constant biching by a few select individuals. And it bleeds into in-game chat as well. Jesus christ go take a smoke break or something. Chill the f out.

3 minutes ago, Silverbranch said:

And why not roll straight into another campaign, as I said and you entirely glossed over, why should it be the games responsibility to stop content, so that the minority who may be burnt out, can have a rest, I don't know abiut you, but I'd rather say, play the game? Moving forward, dumping us in GR going forward whilst performing upgrades is one thing, just arbitrarily having breaks between the campaigns so that people don't 'burn out' is another. The majority of the player base shouldn't be left high and dry in the name of the minority. 

Quotes from JTodd:

1) "It's hard for me to build anticipation because there's no time in-between. So literally you don't even have a moment to watch me with my super bowl cup... ...so it kind of depresses the value of one of them when another one is immediately starting"

2) "We don't ever have the lick our wounds, prep for the next one, come up with a plan... ...there's no time to digest"

3) "I have no place for players to come in and consistently guarantee what their experience is going to be... ...and I happen to log in at 2:00 today and it happens to be winter, my experience is going to be pretty crappy."

4) "Let's say we have an update we need to make to the game which we do all the time right? We put up a new patch. Right now there is none times to put up a patch where it won't impact one of the running campaigns... ...so we have no good time right now to prop builds if we need to do something like that. So we have a solution that I think you guys will really really like, you'll have to wrap your head around it first, but when I think you do, I think you're gonna love it."

Hmm...seems like pretty reasonable reasons to not roll straight into another campaign. It's almost like you can still play the same game, and if you're a new player as you claim you still can't even take full advantage of the higher nodes due to skill training. It's not about burn out, I never even said anything about burnout. It's simply for the reasons they said.

23 minutes ago, Silverbranch said:

"why don't people go to the pvp zones if they want pvp" this ties into the fact that y'know, its a pvp game. Add to this the whole ember/dust debacle and yeah, we're in a whole land of questionability. You ought not be that surprised that people who are playing a PvP game are a bit miffed at the introduction of safe open world zones. 

The ember/dust issue is temporary and not part of my arguments. I already said I agree with that. It is a PvP game...that's why there are 2 PvP zones. The other zones are TRAINING AREAS so new players don't get wiped by roaming vets. Loot and farming issues are a completely different issue. If you want to PvP between CW's, go to the PvP zones. That's where you get the PvP you want. I'm playing a PvP game, i'm not "miffed" at the introduction of safe open world zones in meaningless (reward and victory wise) content areas...it makes sense to me for a number of reasons.

26 minutes ago, Silverbranch said:

As for the stream, you mean that stream which occurs in the middle of the working day, and was however long? If only they had a forum where they could asyncly provide information in a neat and concise fashion. And the live stream was what, 4 or so hours prior to the end of the campaign, sure that's communication, barely. 

And if you can't watch the livestream, guess what? There are VOD's of it you can easily watch. If you complain about something without taking the right steps to educate yourself first, your problem not anyone else's.

I'm fine with feedback, it's a good thing. Complaining without educating is someone I am against. The devs have reasons for not having a CW up currently, that's just the reality. You can do everything you can do inside a CW inside God's Reach aside from high rank farming.

2 hours ago, Staff said:

while i see what everyones complaining about, i am selling leather scroll case discs for 18k each! all jokes aside, we had a better siege last night then all of the last trial combined 

wish i took a screen shot earlier but there was 11 guys staring at the scroll case vendor a couple hours ago waiting for it to appear, i lucky got mine though on the repop but its kinda nuts atm -.-

Veeshan Midst of UXA

20 minutes ago, veeshan said:

wish i took a screen shot earlier but there was 11 guys staring at the scroll case vendor a couple hours ago waiting for it to appear, i lucky got mine though on the repop but its kinda nuts atm -.-

Lol. I bought several when GR popped. 

2 hours ago, Silverbranch said:

why not roll straight into another campaign

From the article:

WHEN DO WE UPDATE?

As I mentioned in a previous update, one of the odd challenges that we’ve had since we started this series of trials campaigns is answering the question: When do we update the game?

With back-to-back campaigns running on both the NA and EU servers, and with those campaigns dialed-in to match the start and stop times appropriate for our backers in each of those areas there is literally never a time when the game is “offline” to allow us to apply an update.

This isn’t just an issue with interrupting a campaign (which is bad), it’s a more significant issue of when we need to apply changes that are not backwards compatible. Do we abort the campaigns that are currently running or do we “go dark” on the game service and allow new players to try to log into the game only to find that they actually can’t?  

tiPrpwh.png

Make a zone for geared players that is also the only area in GR embers are attainable. Maybe the particular zone is only open during the “down time” between campaigns. That way it doesn’t become an abused farming zone. 

On 3/28/2019 at 3:04 PM, Jah said:

Sure, but I don't think it was a good idea to try solve that set of problems with one combined solution. The needs of new players and vets between campaigns are very different. The contradictions keep God's Reach from providing for either of them well. Combine that with effectively shutting down the market eks and this was pretty badly screwed up, imo.

T H I S

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

On 3/28/2019 at 12:04 PM, Jah said:

Sure, but I don't think it was a good idea to try solve that set of problems with one combined solution. The needs of new players and vets between campaigns are very different. The contradictions keep God's Reach from providing for either of them well. Combine that with effectively shutting down the market eks and this was pretty badly screwed up, imo.

I hole heartily agree with this as well.  The needs of the new players are definitely NOT the same as those of more experience players and while I am by far NOT a vet player I am definitely not a noob and as such I have been hating the last few days where I have been accomplishing nothing important to me and my progression.  To those who yell "its testing.  don't complain, its still testing"  I answer you, we give our constructive feedback ie "complain" because that's exactly what we are suppose to do in "testing".  As far as the hole "burnout" argument, I still say, if your getting burned out from a game, take a break on your own and do something else.  Don't drag the rest of us who are NOT burned out along with you on your recovery time.  I understand the need to update the game and what not but they need to find a solution that allows them to do that while still giving ALL players something to do relevant to each of their levels and progression with the game.     

Here’s the thing no one is taking into account. It was stated they wished to have a starter area like Shadowbane which was colloquially refered to as “Newbie Island”. 

I know it was a long time ago but how many of you old timers remember Newbie Island? How many remember that Newbie Island had a level limit set at 20, which when you reached it moved you to the deep end of the pool?

what if the fix was that simple. Add a level cap so that if your account has a character of a certain level you can’t access the training zones? Meaning veteran accounts would be limited to the siege zones which are pvp enabled.

1 hour ago, Dakoth said:

I know it was a long time ago but how many of you old timers remember Newbie Island? How many remember that Newbie Island had a level limit set at 20, which when you reached it moved you to the deep end of the pool

That’s not 100% how it worked though.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

11 minutes ago, mandalore said:

That’s not 100% how it worked though.

You’re right but it was close.

i think that’s a good compromise considering it removes the complaint of reward with out risk. New players can farm embers and dust unaccosted with out anyone worrying about a glut because their passives won’t be trained enough to gather the vast sums people are worried about. 

While limiting vet accounts to the siege areas of GR which while their passives allow for gathering a larger number of resources they will have to worry about PvP

8 hours ago, Dakoth said:

i think that’s a good compromise considering it removes the complaint of reward with out risk. New players can farm embers and dust unaccosted with out anyone worrying about a glut because their passives won’t be trained enough to gather the vast sums people are worried about. 

While limiting vet accounts to the siege areas of GR which while their passives allow for gathering a larger number of resources they will have to worry about PvP

I am ok with this compromise with one stipulation. They need to seriously up the quality of resources available in the PvP portion because as it stands now, the quality available is not worth the death and destruction I would face to collect them.  Do that and we got a deal.  :):)   

8 hours ago, Dakoth said:

Passives are account bound not character bound - it's quite reasonable to consider a scenario in which a player has XYZ passives, and an alt to stay on the beginning island.

You also can't make it an account bound level limitation either, because it's not at all outrageous to consider a situation in which a user has a secondary account, just to harvest from the safe zone.

EK's, Faction temples, GR should all have embers disabled, and see a heavy penalty to dust yield applied.

And you know what? Even with embers disabled, and a heavy dust yield penalty, you'll STILL see people harvesting in them, harvesting in utter safety is strong enough to justify it, even with these downsides.

If we're so enthralled with this idea of a newbie island, then the idea should be to get people up to speed, and out into the world, in the fastest time possible - You don't need stacks of dust, nor do you need embers at all, to get a hold of the basics and shunted out into a world that has actual risk to go with that reward.

28 minutes ago, Silverbranch said:

Passives are account bound not character bound - it's quite reasonable to consider a scenario in which a player has XYZ passives, and an alt to stay on the beginning island.

You also can't make it an account bound level limitation either, because it's not at all outrageous to consider a situation in which a user has a secondary account, just to harvest from the safe zone.

EK's, Faction temples, GR should all have embers disabled, and see a heavy penalty to dust yield applied.

And you know what? Even with embers disabled, and a heavy dust yield penalty, you'll STILL see people harvesting in them, harvesting in utter safety is strong enough to justify it, even with these downsides.

If we're so enthralled with this idea of a newbie island, then the idea should be to get people up to speed, and out into the world, in the fastest time possible - You don't need stacks of dust, nor do you need embers at all, to get a hold of the basics and shunted out into a world that has actual risk to go with that reward.

Again as stated if it’s possible the level cap would be account wide. In other words if your account has a restricted level character on it it doesn’t matter if you create a level 1 alt you would still be denied access to the training zones.

As for the second account argument. I’m just not worried about the number of people that would go to the trouble to create a second account. It’s interesting though to see where these arguments fall. I mean no one seemed to care about how the recent change in the harvesting disciplines allowed for a person to pick both combat and harvesting runes. Which with a second account could cause the low level gear market to be saturated with items as I no longer need to choose between combat, crafting, or harvesting.

now as far as your assertions you don’t need stacks of dust or embers to learn the game. You’re right but those things can help those players attain better gear. Not to mention “new” players won’t have the passive training or disciplines to collect those stacks of dust and embers.

Posted (edited)

People already have secondary, tertiary and so on accounts for crafting, the ability to harvest in complete safety is not to be overlooked in terms of strength. 

As for not having the passives, sure they won't get these resources as fast as someone highly skilled out in the open world, this would be a resource tap that is unable to be stopped by opposing factions, and again, is entirely safe. The safety is the single largest factor, and was also a pain point with EKs, notably when combined with the infinitely respawning tree. 

But all the tree really did was highlight how bad being able to pull vast quantities of dust and embers from a place of safety is. 

Edited by Silverbranch

10 hours ago, Silverbranch said:

People already have secondary, tertiary and so on accounts for crafting, the ability to harvest in complete safety is not to be overlooked in terms of strength. 

No one is over looking the ability to harvest in safety. I’m disagreeing with you attempting to equate the out comes of new players doing it as opposed to veteran players.

10 hours ago, Silverbranch said:

As for not having the passives, sure they won't get these resources as fast as someone highly skilled out in the open world, this would be a resource tap that is unable to be stopped by opposing factions, and again, is entirely safe. The safety is the single largest factor, and was also a pain point with EKs, notably when combined with the infinitely respawning tree. 

In order to saturate the market to the point we should worry about it the harvesting needs to be so efficient that large stacks are collected quickly. New accounts just aren’t capable of that. Not only that it makes no sense for veteran players to concentrate on nodes solely for dust. Again that’s not an efficient way to harvest. 

Why on earth if you’re harvesting to help support your guild is a veteran player concentrating on nodes that drop majority dust and commons when they should be focused on nodes that have a better chance to drop uncommons, rares, epics, or even legendaries and of course said dust. It’s simply an inefficient use of time. Combine that with harvesting mother loads which give you resources that not even high level single nodes will drop and it’s worse.

What most people are worried about is a macro or bot that would allow a veteran account to harvest 24 hours a day. A second account with a macro to farm gold was fairly common in Shadowbane. That was the issue with the EKs. They were the perfect environment for a veteran player to harvest with a bot or macro. Not only are they safe but the player can restrict access meaning it’s impossible for another player to know and report the account.