Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Navystylz

So much for 24/7 testing

I love this game but the moment you try to offer some criticism the fan boys get their panties all in a wad.... is testing also not for us throwing our thoughts and opinions at them... it is not like I am telling people not to buy their game.. the fanboys need to chill criticism  is as much of the development process as anything

None of this addresses the issue with us not being able to have vendor EKs anymore. And while the normal campaigns have a neutral city too, it's not equitable to having a full time available version. We either need the AFK timer disabled in EK--cuz seriously why is it there anyway?--or veterans need to be able to keep their vendors in GRs. Which means you can't put in changes that would limit them from import/export, having a character on, or in some other way limit them from the moving of goods there. This imaginary issue with dust/embers that people keep trying to push, has no solutions thus far that take this into account. Especially when game topography has just significantly changed enough with drops and new items to necessitate trading with others to supplement your own farming.

On 4/6/2019 at 6:02 PM, Ble said:

Actually his criticism is warranted and valid.  Yours was just whining and fake news.  

fake news huh? where you hear that from? boy you are the ultimate fanboi huh?

18 minutes ago, seastodd said:

boy

No sentence that ever starts with boy is going to be a constructive sentence.

On 4/6/2019 at 1:39 PM, seastodd said:

I love this game but the moment you try to offer some criticism the fan boys get their panties all in a wad.... is testing also not for us throwing our thoughts and opinions at them... it is not like I am telling people not to buy their game.. the fanboys need to chill criticism  is as much of the development process as anything

There is a difference in constructive criticism and whining because you don't like or don't understand something.  How many new players do you think I have seen criticize a mechanics or cry fowl over something that isn't applicable or ask for changes that the rest of us have already been told won't work or won't happen?  I empathize with being new and dissatisfied with the state of a mechanic in CF.  I really truly do understand the anger or annoyance.  That being said I assure you the devs know what works and what doesn't work (player satisfaction wise) because we hammer them with it across all mediums.  Have you bothered to scroll through the past weeks, months or years of threads before this one or did you just dog pile into this one thinking it was the first?  As a veteran poster, and troll at heart, its frustrating to see new players who might not understand something come and scream loudly about it to then find out they were wrong or the devs already knew or that, god forbid, they were in the minority.  I feel your pain, I really truly do. 

Test don't test, that's on you.  It's prealpha and the game as we all know it changes every few months.  It's slow work to make a game.  If you're unhappy with CF take a break and check in later but there's no need to harass the "fanbois" who like the current state of the game, or like me, are willing to ignore the grim and hope for something shinny on the other end.

This post has been brought to you, and paid for, by White Knight Mandalore, CFemu Community manager 2032.  Blame Jah. 

This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)
On 4/6/2019 at 11:39 AM, seastodd said:

I don't agree with the way you said everything, but you're not completely wrong here either. This game has been long in development with painfully slow progress in a not-so-great age where the MMORPG genre is slowly decaying. Trudging through the MMORPG subreddit is a challenge in itself. Your surprise that you'd only find fanboys here, in turn, surprises me. Those dedicated players are the only ones who would remain in an incomplete game when so many alternatives exist, and of course, they would defend it. Some because they are genuinely having fun, some because they're too attached to their investment, and some who are too desperate for the game they imagine at the end of the road.

When you come off as just complaining to a pretty intimate group who has been through many phases of development, you need to think a little bit before you post and not just rant or rehash stuff or this is exactly the kind of treatment you'll get.

I'm not condemning anyone or taking sides, but your lazy dismissal exactly highlights the very reason you are being treated like this. You're not really adding anything worthwhile and you're being highly indignant about having that fact pointed out to you.

Edited by Nightmarian
Typos.

Wearily do I sleep eternity away.

Without fear or haste, on bedding made of solitude and silence.

10 minutes ago, Nightmarian said:

Your surprise that you'd only find fanboys here, in turn, surprises me. 

That's what I was thinking since most mmo forums are full of folks at both ends of the extreme.