Find results in...
Pann

Trial of Kane coming April 2nd - Official discussion thread

Posted (edited)

First There. 

Excellent.  

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

52 minutes ago, Pann said:

The Trial of the Wretched God Kane will run April 2nd - 23rd

FULL STORY

I got a question for you ma’am.  The new badge rewards are top 30/20/10 but it doesn’t say if that’s by faction or overall.  Could you clarify? 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

14 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Kinda curious what "point of inception" means in that article.

I suspect the intent is "XP value regardless of leveling vessel", but it's not 100% clear.

"Point of inception" means the value when the item is crafted. For example, if @SemiMong crafts something that the game prices at 15 g, then that's the sacrifice value of that item. If SemiMong put the 15 g item on his vendor and I purchased it for 25g and sacrificed it, I would still only get the 15 g it was originally worth. 

2 minutes ago, mandalore said:

I got a question for you ma’am.  The new badge rewards are top 30/20/10 but it doesn’t say if that’s by faction or overall.  Could you clarify? 

It is according to the individual score, not faction-based. 

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Kinda curious what "point of inception" means in that article.

I suspect the intent is "XP value regardless of leveling vessel", but it's not 100% clear.

guess the sacrifice value xp @100% durability

Edited by Surelia

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Pann said:

It is according to the individual score, not faction-based. 

So top 30, top 20 and top 10 across all factions get the same reward?  Why not just say top 60 across all factions.  Worded weirdly. 

Edited by mandalore
I’m a bad half Asian, did math wrong

wiDfyPp.png

I don't get the competition measured by the crafting of items based on sacrifice value.

I just say  : 

Poor Alchemists…
Necromancers..
And other crafters whom really aren't mass producing things..

Like : 
Blacksmiths.
Runecrafters…

Etc.

Even the Leatherworkers are screwed over, cause their ressources is gated behind not having Motherlode farming availble… 

I dont get it.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Pann said:

"Point of inception" means the value when the item is crafted. For example, if @SemiMong crafts something that the game prices at 15 g, then that's the sacrifice value of that item. If SemiMong put the 15 g item on his vendor and I purchased it for 25g and sacrificed it, I would still only get the 15 g it was originally worth. 

@Pann Ok now I am really confused, because the way the article is worded and what you just said, it might mean

• The moment I craft the item I get the score based on it's gold value OR
  • I can buy items I don't even craft but purchase to sacrifice count as my score. OR
  • Both

So what is it.  When I make it, when I sack it, or both?

NOTE:  When asking a programmer to give you details, make sure they wrote those details in english. :) 😈

Note: This is a new score based on the calculation of total sacrifice value of all crafted items at the point of inception.

b8wtlzM.jpg

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

10 minutes ago, Surelia said:

maybe stick to the sacrifice xp value and don´t bring in that theoretical value in coins (g)

Have you seen what a great piece of gear will sac for? Here is a 49K chest plate.

If they do it that way, the mass producers like myself (128GP IIRC / tool) haven't got a hope. 

image0.jpg

Posted (edited)

Wait, do we have to sacrifice the stuff to get credit for it? Or is the "sacrifice value" listed on the item awarded for crafting it?

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

Posted (edited)

well, what should i say. maybe it is for realz about are you in need to have a golden carrot?
guess they will clarify it a bit more

not to mention the value of runic weapons crafter ;)

but that will bring the crafters into the keeps at least, so all go for hamsters!

GIA is going HUUUUGE ;)

Edited by Surelia

15 hours ago, Extintor said:

But the sacrifice value of an item varies with the character level, right?

Adding to this, even if the item has a background sacrifice value that will be used for scoring, players at lvl30 will only see 'Cannot be sacrificed' for most items.