Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Trial of Kane coming April 2nd - Official discussion thread

24 minutes ago, veeshan said:

They gotta go through the crafting values and balance them out i feel, Crafts that use mothernodes like Jewelery and necro probaly might get a little screwed here along with alchemist probaly aswell.

Results of this trial will probably make for good data supporting your point. Highly ranked craftsmen likely either have an oversupply of resources, or overweight xp valuations. Leatherworkers and Jewelers are going to starve for materials, while Runecrafters get to make... tools.

12 minutes ago, VaMei said:

Results of this trial will probably make for good data supporting your point. Highly ranked craftsmen likely either have an oversupply of resources, or overweight xp valuations. Leatherworkers and Jewelers are going to starve for materials, while Runecrafters get to make... tools.

as a jeweler i could spam make ring setting for like 20xp or i can make white blacksmithing stuff at 0 skill for a few thousand assumingit working off sacraficing values :P

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Its not sacrificial act I believe. the sacrifice value is a score that I suspect gets added when crafted just like a kill gets added to your tally behind the scenes? 

So that 49K is actually wrong, roll up every part on the way there ... closer to 86K I suspect? 

So 9 legend ore turn into a bar get XP for the sacrifice of that bar added to your score. then take that bar and craft into a part, now add that XP to your total. The larger the complexity the more you build up the larger the end value you get (at least that is my assumption) 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

Posted (edited)

So it's by crafting and kill/assist rather than total score?

I foresee very little capturing of points this campaign given they apparently won't be calculated into the win condition for players, and there currently are no other personal rewards for capping points.

I'd like to say people will be motivated enough to get out there and help their faction push the win without promise of personal gain but so far this has not proven to be accurate for the vast majority of players.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

Posted (edited)
On 3/29/2019 at 7:18 PM, Andius said:

So it's by crafting and kill/assist rather than total score?

I foresee very little capturing of points this campaign given they apparently won't be calculated into the win condition for players, and there currently are no other personal rewards for capping points.

The article doesn't spell it out clearly, but I am pretty sure you still want your faction to win the campaign.

Gold Sigil of Kane:

• Top 30 players ranked by Crafting Score (Note: This is a new score based on the calculation of total sacrifice value of all crafted items at the point of inception.)

• Top 30 players ranked by Kills + Assists total score

• Top 20 players ranked by Crafting Score (Note: This is a new score based on the calculation of total sacrifice value of all crafted items at the point of inception.)

• Top 20 players ranked by Kills + Assists total score

• Top 10 players ranked by Crafting Score (Note: This is a new score based on the calculation of total sacrifice value of all crafted items at the point of inception.)

• Top 10 players ranked by Kills + Assists total score

I'm pretty sure it should say "For the first place faction, the top 30 players..." and "For the second place faction, the top 20 players..." etc.

Otherwise why would it be broken down into groupings like it is?

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

13 minutes ago, Jah said:

The article doesn't spell it out clearly, but I am pretty sure you still want your faction to win the campaign.

I'm pretty sure it should say "For the first place faction, the top 30 players..." and "For the second place faction, the top 20 players..." etc.

Otherwise why would it broken down into groupings like it is?

@Pann will you clarify ma”am

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

31 minutes ago, Andius said:

Easier to focus on getting top 20 or top 10 then try to cap enough points to make your faction as a whole rank higher. Like I said. No real reason people will have to personally go stand on points this campaign.

Sounds like you play on the Chaos faction. The people I play with are motivated to see as many of us succeed as possible.

IhhQKY6.gif

Everybody seems to be asking about the crafting score, which is understandable.

What I want to know is if the kill count is gameable. Can you just slaughter an alt over and over to win?

Is there a limit to the credit you get for killing the same person within a certain amount of time?

There didn't seem to be anything stopping people from gaming the captures by using an alt to dance in and out of the circles and repeatedly capture an outpost over and over, though I don't think people really abused that one. Wouldn't affect the faction score overall, but definitely could affect an individuals score.

If there is no lockout then RIP to the notion of taking it easy on people in death shroud.

Posted (edited)
On 3/29/2019 at 8:53 AM, veeshan said:

Also on topic of crafting score, the point for leader board should go to crafter of the item rather than the person who sacraficing them and what not.

After some testing on GR, which is by the way tracking the crafting scores now if you open the map menu, the points are earned based on the value of the item crafted, if it was sacrificed by a level 1 white vessel.  I tested it by crafting green parchment, by a maxed vessel and then matching the 11 points I got for it to what a level 1 vessel white would get for sacrificing the item.

I got nothing for sacrificing it, either on the original creator vessel, or on another, though I did not try sacrifice by a second account.

This craft would in fact be worth 49005 points for the final combine, plus whatever it was worth for all the sub components.

image0.jpg

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Length of Trial: One week
Start: April 2 at 9 AM CDT (NA)/4 PM CEST (EU)
End: April 9 at 3 PM CDT (NA)/10 PM CEST (EU)

The EU campaign has started, but no NA campaign. Will there be an NA campaign? When will it start?

@Pann

IhhQKY6.gif

Posted (edited)
On 4/1/2019 at 1:35 PM, KrakkenSmacken said:

This craft would in fact be worth 49005 points for the final combine, plus whatever it was worth for all the sub components.

image0.jpg

Isn't that more XP than a blue vessel from start to finish? 

Edited by mandalore

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Just now, mandalore said:

Isn't that more XP than a blue vessel from start to finish? 

No clue.  I don't craft vessels.  It is however about 245 rune tools.  

Just now, KrakkenSmacken said:

No clue.  I don't craft vessels.  It is however about 245 rune tools.  

No no, I mean in xp required to level from 1-30. 

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, mandalore said:

No no, I mean in xp required to level from 1-30. 

Oh,  It's just shy.  Leveling a blue vessel is just north of 50k. (52500)

Of course if you sacked that one piece, you would end up losing the majority of the XP because it's won't let you over sacrifice per level, so as a sacrifice, it's basically a level.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

3 hours ago, Gahmuret said:

In-game Campaign timer says 6 days to go. I thought 3 weeks

They addressed this in the stream yesterday.  It's one week. 

wiDfyPp.png

There is a major problem inherent with the way crafting is being scored right now.

Gathering all the Materials to Craft a Piece of Gear Start to Finish = 0 Crafting points

Crafting all Components and Gear = 100% of Crafting Points

This doesn't accurately reflect the work that is being put in when nearly everyone gathers but only the best crafters in a guild tend to get fed materials. Most crafters aren't gathering their own materials from scratch.

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Andius said:

There is a major problem inherent with the way crafting is being scored right now.

Gathering all the Materials to Craft a Piece of Gear Start to Finish = 0 Crafting points

Crafting all Components and Gear = 100% of Crafting Points

This doesn't accurately reflect the work that is being put in when nearly everyone gathers but only the best crafters in a guild tend to get fed materials. Most crafters aren't gathering their own materials from scratch.

So?  Its not the harvesting score, its the crafting score. 

Should PvP score be redone too since it doesn't reflect the harvesting and crafting that went into the gear used to get the score?  They will add those scoring metrics as they come online. 

Edited by mandalore

wiDfyPp.png