Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Snorlaire

Heya new friends!

Hey everyone!

I've never been one to play MMO's but Crowfall just gained my attention for some reason, Even to this day I can't really tell what pulled me in but I've been following it for quite a while now and finialy decided to join in.
The community thus far has been a great place, alot of people are actively trying to get more people to join up in groups, because a game is always better with friends.

I hope to get along with all of you!
If anyone ever wants a chat about whatever I'm your man.

I hope to see you all on the battlefield!

-Snorlaire

I can totally see why someone would choose Crowfall as their first MMO. It's really in between an MMO and something like a MOBA. In an MMO you create your character when the game starts and you, your gear, and the world all progress forward in a linear fashion with you constantly getting stronger. There is only one phase of starting out, and there is never an end. Meaning those who start ahead keep a permanent advantage and there is never really a chance to learn from the mistakes you made starting out.

In a MOBA, FPS, RTS etc. a match that goes over an hour in length is very rare. You go through the process of starting and building up over and over in rapid succession giving you a great opportunity to learn from your mistakes and improve as a player but making everything you do feel very fleeting.

In Crowfall campaigns are far longer than found in most games that aren't massively multiplayer but only certain elements of your progression are permanent and you get enough new cycles learning from your mistakes can still take place.

It's a great hybrid of the two genres that seems to pull a bit of the best of both worlds.

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)