Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ble

Group Loot (loot privileges)

Posted (edited)

I asked a question about looting in the stream, and you gave your typical noncommittal "its coming" answer but I think this is similar to trying to rush the first official campaign back in January, though not on that scale.

If you are going to add PvE as a requirement to min/max by putting minors (and other things in the future) then we need to eliminate the ability of others to loot things they did not kill.  Just like stealthers picking up ore that someone else harvested.

Once this is live in a CW, enemy loot will be FFA for us, and they'll be here whining about it, so I'd say getting that fixed is a priority and deserves more than "well we know the problem exists".

Also on the subject of looting:

1) Proximity looting.  Your current looting is atrocious. 

2) Loot-on-corpse Animation: There needs to be a glowy or something if the corpse still has loot on it, something visual.

3) FFA looting if all members of a group with loot privilege die. - reward PvP in this PvP game by making a corpse got FFA loot once everyone with group privilege has died.

Edited by Ble

I would agree that ninja looting in a safezone is not good, and should be addressed.

I'd be sad if the fix removed ninja looting from FFA/Dregs as well.

IhhQKY6.gif

3 minutes ago, Jah said:

I would agree that ninja looting in a safezone is not good, and should be addressed.

I'd be sad if the fix removed ninja looting from FFA/Dregs as well.

Good point.  That would be hilarious to have an entire guild/alliance get crushed from some looting squables haha.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Ble said:

Good point.  That would be hilarious to have an entire guild/alliance get crushed from some looting squables haha.

I think ninja looting is a valid form of harassment. 

Regardless of how all feel about who should loot what, the looting system itself is by far the worst of its kind among its competitors.  The stacking bodies and pained lag with looting should be reviewed, and quickly, if you're going to force us to pve more. 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

This happened with the harvesting doobers as well - in the early iterations anyone could pickup doobers so there was faction griefing. Eventually they made doobers group pickup only. Hopefully that is a dial that can change with rulesets?

Mob loot should be doobers that pop out of the corpse (like stuff falling out of their pockets 😆)!  

tiPrpwh.png

They could make it so that instead of interacting with the inventory of a mob to loot it, instead when you active on the mob's corpse, all of its loot pops out like doobers onto the ground. You can then simultaneously solve the problem of trying to activate on humanoid mobs corpses when they are clustered and also make it possible to enact group looting.

You can thank me later, just like this and ping Blair.

1 minute ago, DocHollidaze said:

They could make it so that instead of interacting with the inventory of a mob to loot it, instead when you active on the mob's corpse, all of its loot pops out like doobers onto the ground. You can then simultaneously solve the problem of trying to activate on humanoid mobs corpses when they are clustered and also make it possible to enact group looting.

You can thank me later, just like this and ping Blair.

I’ll make sure to thank @miraluna for the thought. 

All loot should be doobers. Player corpses included. I wanna behead a dude and watch everything spill out of him and then panic as I throw away 20 stacks of knotwood to pick up a 4 legendary ore

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Posted (edited)

The problems with a loot pinata are

1.) You can't loot selectively if walking through a doober automatically picks it up (which I would assume will be an issue with more limited inventory) 

2.) In large sieges you will be surrounded by loot, and not only is that not matching the aesthetic of a battlefield, but if we actually reach a scale of sieges that doesn't have a hard cap below the server's total population, we will probably be two steps back performance wise.

3.)  The person grabbing their body at a safe range has to go back and pick up anything left behind and will likely be waking back to a guaranteed death again. Now you might think that last part is fine but if we argued there should be no protections then why would there even be a reason to run back to your corpse, a huge durability loss won't be less enticing then a repeated gankfest on your corpse to engage in losing battle over and over again.

Edited by Lightsig

Posted (edited)

If it went to doobers from players, there would be all sorts of problems around it, such as what about when a critter kills the player, and how do you deal with group "ownership" in a large group battles.

If on the other hand it was "head taken = loot pinata" and there was always enough time to take a head even with a release request, then the head choppers group could have ownership, and critter kills would not drop loot.

In fact, it might be interesting if the system was set up so that the only way you could loot a player, was if you took their head.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

I totally agree with the looting system needing to be addressed sooner than later especially with the implementation of God's Reach safe zones. There was a member of Chaos today that Ninja looted the boss mob after I killed it and I had no recourse of any kind due to the nature of safe-zones. Fortunately they were terrible and ended up dying to NPC's and I was able to loot the stuff they stole earlier as well as everything else they had collected because they didn't SB it. 

Needless to say this type of interaction is the ultimate form of harassment as there is no action you can take to prevent it in a safe-zone. 

8 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

If it went to doobers from players, there would be all sorts of problems around it, such as what about when a critter kills the player, and how do you deal with group "ownership" in a large group battles.

If on the other hand it was "head taken = loot pinata" and there was always enough time to take a head even with a release request, then the head choppers group could have ownership, and critter kills would not drop loot.

In fact, it might be interesting if the system was set up so that the only way you could loot a player, was if you took their head.

Yep, I'd make the doobers pop out upon beheading.

The system could potentially allow the killed player to get their loot back if it was not picked up-- player loot doobers go back into the cairn after 30 seconds, rather than going away completely.

IhhQKY6.gif

if it dropped from players it'd have to be on axe or release, on death would crash the server the first time someone gets a good blight bomb during sisge

3 hours ago, blazzen said:

I too dream of the day we get actual loot piñatas. 

You’ve never killed @Anhrez

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

14 hours ago, mandalore said:

You’ve never killed @Anhrez

its true , I'm like a tick that keeps filling itself with loot but it takes time to loot me with all the damn clicking 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png