Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ble

Group Loot (loot privileges)

Posted (edited)

Spew would be best on release or death. Doesn't make sense to spew for unlootable corpses.

I like Jah's idea of despawning the loot back in to the cairn for player deaths. This would ensure that the only cairns that exist are those that actually contain loot. If our new death and rez system works by flying from corpse to spawned which was the idea everyone liked and the one I hope the new red system they mentioned in stream uses.

I also LIKE the uncontrollable nature of loot selection that would result as people try to panic grab the shinier looking items in a mad scramble, both enemies and allies.

This more cleanly ensures the loot gets spread around and allows for more dynamic "smash and grab" style PvP looting than the more traditional "gank and stand"

Would it allow people to load their inventory with garbage as a mitigator Sure. So long as stuff auto stacks before dropping have fun farming 90000 knotwood or apples or whatever to do that. You've earned it.

Would it allow the creation of interesting looting related minors for thieves and opportunists? Absolutely.

Imagine you had the choice of a minor that did nothing but acted as a loot filter, auto-dropping lower rarity stuff for higher rarity when full. That's a valuable disc choice for a more hit and run style character.

What if you had a disc that booby trapped some loot doobers as a "last laugh"

What if you had minors that selectively looted only certain rarity ranges or types?

These are all solid opportunity costs for minor slots or exploration slots beyond the realm of pure combat.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Would also open up the possibility of "cursed" items.  Items that if carried have a small negative effect, can't be dropped in the normal way, but only transfer through loot doobers.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Would also open up the possibility of "cursed" items.  Items that if carried have a small negative effect, can't be dropped in the normal way, but only transfer through loot doobers.

Oooh I like this a lot. This allows for dropped or crafted items specifically to break curses too. That's solid dynamically generated struggle. Picking up a cursed item and then figuring out if it's worth paying/adventuring to lift it or just trying to trick some other sap in to taking it off you.

Edit: speaking of exploration slots, since loot in wartribes is an intentional economic activity, what about straight up "magic find" style exploration discs so people could choose to spec those slots specifically for looting specific mob types, potentially with a host of mitigation or damage related perks for fighting them? A kind of "favored enemy" system for combat characters essentially. You could even make war tribe relics components used to craft these to feed a sort of "I know this foe" loop

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

20 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

Spew would be best on release or death. Doesn't make sense to spew for unlootable corpses.

Why not spew doobers when you F to loot the corpse?

IhhQKY6.gif

Just now, Jah said:

Why not spew doobers when you F to loot the corpse?

I guess, but my thinking with the spew was more to make looting feel more dynamic like "look a thing" midfight rather than more things to F.

Crowfall's overall combat feels good, but looting things feels like a step back compared to how fluid and fun loot collection from harvesting is.

That sense of constant movement and spew is part of what makes Crowfall's harvesting feel so good and imo looting could feel just as good, even in the middle of a giant battle.

NTM the nice visual validation of people just exploding in to doobers on release like a Diablo mob.

PopeSigGIF.gif

58 minutes ago, Chroma said:

Also Poisoner disc making all your dropped food poisoned. 

Snack on them apples, zerglets.

Or poisoned food in inventories when they attack or poisone nodes so they dropped poisoned food. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png