Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nextelum

The way of the CAREBEAR

Hi I'm Nextelum… you may know the name or not.. don't matter to me, But you will mwhahaha.

I'm here to discuss a viewpoint that I find very frightening.  "Carebear Island" where you can farm chaos embers and harvest body parts while not in a campaign. I first came across crowfall on a free weekend kickstarter thing(years ago)...I harvested ALOT!. Then the free play ended and Crowfall fell off my radar for gaming. Then came 5.7  and I "rediscovered"  Crowfall. When I started the harvesting I had an acute sense of de ja vu, I had done this before!. So I did some research and came across the video of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk9C1yDfF0U&list=RDQMbM2yYQxbz9Q&start_radio=1  Crowfall "Massive Reveal" part 2. This video sold me on the game so hard I invested serious$$$ into the game( I'm on disability so that's saying something). I have been wandering the VAST wasteland of videogames since Ultima Online's release in sept 97. From Ultima I went to WoW(carebear mode activated bear with...pun intended) and was a vanilla vet(first week of release) that played hardcore till Cata when I raged quit at cookie cutter release. After that I was lost for a very long long long long(pattern developing) LOOOOONNNNGGGG time. I was looking for a home, a home that  I was evicted from (because of the carebear syndrome), years passed and then I finally came home...Crowfall...promised to be EXACTLY what I was looking for. Then  came carebear island I: . Look ill cut right to the chase and not pull any punches...."Carebear Island" is a waste of manpower. coding and backer investment...FULL STOP!!!. DO NOT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CATER TO THE CAREBEARS!!!!!!!!!! Myself and a lot of others invested in Crowfall because it promised to be a cutthroats(women and kids fair game!) wet dream! style of game. MY TYPE OF GAME! (in crow im 100% harvest/craft willing to fight anyone as some have found out!. I may have 40% of basic combat trained, so what ive done in game is through blood sweat and tears and ALOT of help from...Mistborn, Sash, BleakSymphony, Galahorn and Thohell...im running a top end legend half giant mrym with legend philly..made by a master alch(Bleak) and a Master Necro (Mistborn)...which is EXACTLY what JTodd Mr Coleman and "Protect the Crafters God" Blair (imo) inteneded (never played shadowbane).

"Are you a Boy or a Girl" blew my mind you 2 devs lol

Anyways back on track.....I LOVE Crowfall now and whats intended for it ("EMMMMMBARGOOOOOO!" :) Crowfall is supposed to be a cutthroat throne war sim...yes I love it....whr the HELL does "Carebear Island factor in?"....Don't waste manpower, a lot of "OUR" money(backers) and resources on "An in Game Perm "carebear" map"...if you want to help NEW players make a friggin video explaining stuff ie: welcome to crow fall..the first thing your going to want to do is press escape, then look for the barbell thing on the left side of your screen, or through the lobby, Start your passive skill training. The next thing you may want to do...Blah Blah Blah. not build an entire friggin carebearzone. This worry's me ALOT and you havn't even hit alpha yet. I want BLOOD I want RAGE I want A FRIGGIN GODAMNG BLOODSWEAT SCREAMING ORGY OF CHOICES WINNER TAKE ALL(shoot uncle bob pls) RISK MANAGMENT I CRAFTED THIS IN YO FACE BOYAAA game. Crowfall promises to deliver.....so boycott the carebear syndrome ...make Crowfall nasty...its what most of your player base wants...wonder if crowfall pop dropped after first day of "Carebear Island release?" YOU GUYS AT ACE ARE DOING A BANG UP OMG HELLA JOB!!! TY TY TY TY . All im saying in this rant is don't dim it down for the carebear sheep...keep it cutthroat and find another way to ease  new players in..by not making them carebears. I'm Nextelum a very angry Mrymadon, in the world of Crowfall hoping it gets harder and not easier as happened in Azeroth.

IM HOME I DONT WANT TO LEAVE!! KEEP IT REAL!!! ...ACE your my Heros don't blow it :)

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Nextelum said:

Anyways back on track.....I LOVE Crowfall now and whats intended for it ("EMMMMMBARGOOOOOO!" :) Crowfall is supposed to be a cutthroat throne war sim...yes I love it....whr the HELL does "Carebear Island factor in?"....Don't waste manpower, a lot of "OUR" money(backers) and resources on "An in Game Perm "carebear" map"...if you want to help NEW players make a friggin video explaining stuff ie: welcome to crow fall..the first thing your going to want to do is press escape, then look for the barbell thing on the left side of your screen, or through the lobby, Start your passive skill training. The next thing you may want to do...Blah Blah Blah. not build an entire friggin carebearzone.

I actually spent several hours today taking footage for just that type of video. Editing it up tomorrow. Going to be pretty rough as it's an alpha so I didn't plan/script it out with any great degree of care knowing I'll likely need to redo it in a few months.

Anyway. I'm perfectly fine with a newb island.

All my clips are from like 3-4 hours of playtime. At the end of that playtime I say something to the affect of "This is when I would join a campaign to go hunt rank 10 monsters." Nobody who's a real PvPer has any business hunting people who have only progressed to a level someone can accomplish everything they have in 3-4 hours of play. Only bottom feeders care if people like that are outside their reach.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

5 hours ago, Kraahk said:

I don't see any general issue here. Wanna fight? Go to the open campaigns. Problem solved.

Love to But we got evicted for over 4 days I: cause of carebears

3 hours ago, Andius said:

I actually spent several hours today taking footage for just that type of video. Editing it up tomorrow. Going to be pretty rough as it's an alpha so I didn't plan/script it out with any great degree of care knowing I'll likely need to redo it in a few months.

Anyway. I'm perfectly fine with a newb island.

All my clips are from like 3-4 hours of playtime. At the end of that playtime I say something to the affect of "This is when I would join a campaign to go hunt rank 10 monsters." Nobody who's a real PvPer has any business hunting people who have only progressed to a level someone can accomplish everything they have in 3-4 hours of play. Only bottom feeders care if people like that are outside their reach.

im NOT a pvper, I don't hunt others!, I do try to wreck face if I get jumped, as some have to their dismay found out. You don't "NEED" a whole camp map to "EASE" players in...ITS A CUTTHROAT THRONE WAR SIM. Im playing other games I havnt touched in awhile because we have no camp and its carebear party time "Thanx" ACE ruined the whole weekend and startin new camp midweek......SMH over and over and over

How many wolves out there fight other wolves?

By choice or by need?

If you want a game to make lots of money you need to appeal to lots of people. 

There are not that many uber baddasses who sleep with supermodels everynight, despite claims otherwise. 

Of those that are of that persuasion, most of them do not play video games for 3+ hours a day. 

I hate the gods reach idea because I wanted to build it in EK form. But we do not have the tools. 

Posted (edited)

Hmm another thread complaining about this. 

First, the ember/dust farming is almost definitely going to be changed since the whole community is pretty agreed on it. Not a very valid argument at the moment imo that God's Reach is bad.

Second, the reason we dont have a campaign up is not because of your favorite word. JTodd gave multiple reasons in the live stream and news post. Educate yourself before complaining. 

Not to mention you can literally walk 2 zones over and be in a PvP zone. 

These posts are getting ridiculous imo. 

Edited by 1304049

As many have said a lot of tweaks will probably occur to make it a true newbie island. Even after spending a night there I would be unlikely to farm anything but dust and embers there, so it’s most of the way. Little bit of work to bring the outlying loot levels down and maybe get rid of imports and it should be good.

As to your greater commentary, to be frank, those games all died or changed because there just aren’t enough of your specific audience to maintain those sorts of games. It’s just the reality of it, so a lot of those games adjusted to bring in a wider audience. But that’s really the kicker, no game really has a single audience. There’s lots of different audiences that overlap on a particular game, how well that game pans out is often tied to how well it can mesh a critical mass of those audiences - cause it will never please everyone - but if it can hit that critical point it can flourish.

lPoLZtm.png

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Nextelum said:

Love to But we got evicted for over 4 days I: cause of carebears

Nothing in this statement is true, except of the "I", because that seems to be all what this is about: You! (Fair enough, though)

One of the latest news articles stated well enough why God's Reach was implemented and how it is meant to work in the bigger scheme.

During testing, there may be short times when no other campaigns are available. Like the last full pvp campaign ended on thursday and the next full pvp campaign will start on tuesday. In these times you can still pvp. Either in your EK, but also in the God's Reach campaign. To make it more easy for you: Go here

ZAgIvEP.jpg

These are full pvp zones, including forts and keeps and sieges.

So, what are you complaining about? About not having full access to a campaign with more than 2 pvp zones for whole 4 days ... in a game at pre-alpha stage? Seriously?

I love feedback, i love criticism. When it is sound or funny ... at least somehow. But your's doesn't seem to be ... anyhow. Let me be frank with you. What you showed here sounds, for me, like the usual carebear-complainer rambles that has been seen from time to time within the last four years: "I don't get enough victims, so this game is poorly made sockse! I want them now, I want them weak, I want to feel good without any effort ... and you owe me to get there. Not now, but yesterday!" (By the way: Up to now it never worked out well. Just saying.)

That is not how it works. In each area of Crowfall, you will have to do something to get where you want to be. In your case, in this stage of development, right now, until tuesday, this would be to go to the siege islands.

I know, it's a tall order. But sometimes we need to make sacrifices.

Speaking of sacrifices, I am willing to take into future consideration that you might have intended to make your original post be funny (and maybe i just didn't understand it). Or that your anger was genuine, but you just didn't see that there were pvp islands on God's Reach. Or maybe you just had a bad day and exeggerated a bit. Or maybe you just wanted to show off a bit to, so you would find people matching your individual playstyle faster and easier.

But, if you really meant it just the way you wrote it, man, i would recommend to reconsider the way you look at some things. I do it all the day. And sometimes it's not the worst idea.

Anyways,

have fun, good luck

Kraahk

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

I’m with the owl on this one. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

4 hours ago, Nextelum said:

we got evicted for over 4 days

Besides not having the usual CW open, what about GR is harming you in anyway?

Hardly believe this version of GR with whatever resources/loot available will be final, but even if it was, how would it harm the overall game?

New players need a place to figure things out a bit and maybe not be naked and afraid when they go into a real CW. Tutorials and new player experience have been wanted since forever.

As someone trying to come off as tough, don't you want competition? How long did it take you to find the materials needed and the players required to get geared where you aren't easy pickings? Not everyone has unlimited time to struggle through the first hurdles, many will simply go play something else. It isn't surprising that MOBAs, FPS, BR, and games like Overwatch are so popular compared to MMOs, especially OW PVP MMOs. I fully embrace newbie land if it means we end up with more than 100 players at launch.

Being "cutthroat" aka wanting easy targets or players starting at a high disadvantage is poor design. Some people actually want enemies that have some idea how to play and even the tiny bit prepared with gear/vessel levels and what not.

The plan from the start was to having various Campaigns and World Bands with differing difficulty and rules. Games need tutorials and ways to ease players in, at least when the effort/time investment is going to be so high for results.

ACE needs to work on getting the Dregs out and balancing the risk/reward for the different Campaign types. What we have is not the final version, don't take it so seriously.

If you want to PVP or the risk of being attacked, go into the PVP zones in whatever Campaign, problem solved for you.

BTW saying you played WoW "hardcore" :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Nextelum said:

Hi I'm Nextelum… you may know the name or not.. don't matter to me, But you will mwhahaha.

I'm here to discuss a viewpoint that I find very frightening.  "Carebear Island" where you can farm chaos embers and harvest body parts while not in a campaign. I first came across crowfall on a free weekend kickstarter thing(years ago)...I harvested ALOT!. Then the free play ended and Crowfall fell off my radar for gaming. Then came 5.7  and I "rediscovered"  Crowfall. When I started the harvesting I had an acute sense of de ja vu, I had done this before!. So I did some research and came across the video of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk9C1yDfF0U&list=RDQMbM2yYQxbz9Q&start_radio=1  Crowfall "Massive Reveal" part 2. This video sold me on the game so hard I invested serious$$$ into the game( I'm on disability so that's saying something). I have been wandering the VAST wasteland of videogames since Ultima Online's release in sept 97. From Ultima I went to WoW(carebear mode activated bear with...pun intended) and was a vanilla vet(first week of release) that played hardcore till Cata when I raged quit at cookie cutter release. After that I was lost for a very long long long long(pattern developing) LOOOOONNNNGGGG time. I was looking for a home, a home that  I was evicted from (because of the carebear syndrome), years passed and then I finally came home...Crowfall...promised to be EXACTLY what I was looking for. Then  came carebear island I: . Look ill cut right to the chase and not pull any punches...."Carebear Island" is a waste of manpower. coding and backer investment...FULL STOP!!!. DO NOT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD CATER TO THE CAREBEARS!!!!!!!!!! Myself and a lot of others invested in Crowfall because it promised to be a cutthroats(women and kids fair game!) wet dream! style of game. MY TYPE OF GAME! (in crow im 100% harvest/craft willing to fight anyone as some have found out!. I may have 40% of basic combat trained, so what ive done in game is through blood sweat and tears and ALOT of help from...Mistborn, Sash, BleakSymphony, Galahorn and Thohell...im running a top end legend half giant mrym with legend philly..made by a master alch(Bleak) and a Master Necro (Mistborn)...which is EXACTLY what JTodd Mr Coleman and "Protect the Crafters God" Blair (imo) inteneded (never played shadowbane).

"Are you a Boy or a Girl" blew my mind you 2 devs lol

Anyways back on track.....I LOVE Crowfall now and whats intended for it ("EMMMMMBARGOOOOOO!" :) Crowfall is supposed to be a cutthroat throne war sim...yes I love it....whr the HELL does "Carebear Island factor in?"....Don't waste manpower, a lot of "OUR" money(backers) and resources on "An in Game Perm "carebear" map"...if you want to help NEW players make a friggin video explaining stuff ie: welcome to crow fall..the first thing your going to want to do is press escape, then look for the barbell thing on the left side of your screen, or through the lobby, Start your passive skill training. The next thing you may want to do...Blah Blah Blah. not build an entire friggin carebearzone. This worry's me ALOT and you havn't even hit alpha yet. I want BLOOD I want RAGE I want A FRIGGIN GODAMNG BLOODSWEAT SCREAMING ORGY OF CHOICES WINNER TAKE ALL(shoot uncle bob pls) RISK MANAGMENT I CRAFTED THIS IN YO FACE BOYAAA game. Crowfall promises to deliver.....so boycott the carebear syndrome ...make Crowfall nasty...its what most of your player base wants...wonder if crowfall pop dropped after first day of "Carebear Island release?" YOU GUYS AT ACE ARE DOING A BANG UP OMG HELLA JOB!!! TY TY TY TY . All im saying in this rant is don't dim it down for the carebear sheep...keep it cutthroat and find another way to ease  new players in..by not making them carebears. I'm Nextelum a very angry Mrymadon, in the world of Crowfall hoping it gets harder and not easier as happened in Azeroth.

IM HOME I DONT WANT TO LEAVE!! KEEP IT REAL!!! ...ACE your my Heros don't blow it :)

uhhh...wtf did i just read

Surprised no ones outraged people farm during off hours or craft in EKs. Maybe we should only allow crafting/harvesting in keeps during siege time.  Add dust and ember drops to siege only too please. Better yet embers/dust only drop from killing players during sieges with at least 75 players in zone. Cause crafting is not grindy enough.

So many broken, none implemented things and people want the devs to spend time "fixing" PvP free green resources...  Yea you can get blues, but it would take forever to get a full set.

15 hours ago, Nextelum said:

Crowfall is supposed to be a cutthroat throne war sim

That's what the Dregs ruleset is intended to be, not the whole CF universe. The game is not complete yet so if God's Reach is not your playstyle, wait for a more hardcore Campaign. Noob Island worked quite well in Shadowbane and it's needed in CF as well.

tiPrpwh.png

This is a far cry from the days of Rank 5 nodes were the highest on the map, and that time there were 2 oak trees on the entire map. 

Hell I think scorn only had rank 4's tops.  Oh and ore only stacked to 16 doobers a stack. 

And Hills were uphill, both damn ways. 

I need a cane so I can start shaking it. 

There was no beachhead. Facerip murdered you before you finished loading in. Then mocked you. And camped you after looting all your poorly made socks.

It IS the first iteration of God's Reach. They will make changes. You played WoW for years. It had non PvP zones, or your could turn PvP off in certain areas. The complexity of this game will not best be described in a few videos. I think they did a pretty decent job on the ones available, but even those won't be finalized and more polished until the game is very close to release. To quote the Packers' Aaron Rodgers(even though I am a Pats fan!) "R-E-L-A-X". 

Posted (edited)

❤️ you all crows...the good the bad an da ugly :) I could write a whole page of reasons why I wrote that post, but I wont...why...feedback in all its glory...keep it crowlishish(ya I went there :) )

Edited by Nextelum

Posted (edited)

JkmGMCB.png

On 3/30/2019 at 4:55 AM, Kraahk said:

I don't see any general issue here. Wanna fight? Go to the open campaigns. Problem solved.

The details on Gods Reach states that you can PvP, whats the difference than any other campaign?

Edited by Devonic
insert pic