Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nextelum

The way of the CAREBEAR

@OP

1) game isn’t going to do well forcing new players immediately into end game group content on day 1.

2) if you need undergeared or new players in order to get kills, lol.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Devonic said:

JkmGMCB.png

The details on Gods Reach states that you can PvP, whats the difference than any other campaign?

GR only allows PvP in two siege zones, the adventure zones are neutral territory like the free cities and you cannot fight there, thus it creates “safe” farming zones. For the most part it doesn’t matter too much but you can farm dust and embers safely there along with some green, a bit of blue, and occasionally some purple. The latter is pretty rare. 

Expect the loot quality to get reduced, they probably just haven’t added in exception cases to the way the rank, loot, and monsters spawn since it’s all tied to the parcel.

That all said, dust and embers are still a concern and would likewise need an adjustment in the long run.

Edited by Duffy

lPoLZtm.png

Posted (edited)

Seems like someone missed reading this FAQ, which really has not changed since pretty much day one.

WHAT KIND OF RULES WILL CHANGE FROM ONE CAMPAIGN TO THE NEXT?

The first major difference from one Campaign to the next is how the teams are divided.

Faction worlds allow players to choose one of three major God factions (Order, Balance, Chaos), and provide a series of “fallen strongholds” (outposts, forts, and keeps) for players to claim and rebuild using materials fetched from quarries, mines, and mills.

Guild worlds offer more open-world gameplay. Players still collect building materials from quarries, mines, and mills – but they can choose where to build their strongholds.

There are several other knobs we can turn, as well: rank of harvestable resources, what monsters spawn in that Campaign, the type of items allowed to be imported into the world, the victory conditions, etc. The ability to mix and match these conditions is what will make each new Campaign feel unique.

HOW OPEN ARE YOU TO TRYING NEW IDEAS WITHIN CAMPAIGNS?

Our intention is to make this a community-driven process. We’ll take the best ideas we find, wherever they come from, and give them a shot. If an idea gains enough traction and fits within the architecture, we’ll try it.

You want to try a world without magic? Cool.
You want to try a world where we introduce cannons as a siege weapon? Sounds interesting.
You want to try a world where each character only has one life – meaning that if you die once, you are permanently banned from the World? Sure, let’s do it.

That’s the cool thing about this development approach: we’re turning our community into a massive, game-designing hivemind.

Nowhere in anything I have read from ACE says that the game is going to be exclusively ANYTHING. In fact, the difficulty of the described above quotes from the FAQ include a less challenging zone of faction play, up to and including complete free for all zones.

So no, it's not a waste of developer time to build a campaign world different from the one you happen to have been sold on, nor are they obligated to have a variety or specific campaign world style available during development. I am sure many of us would have prefered if they had started with the free for all ruleset, but logically, and realistically, they have to start with the most protected style as close to the start as possible, because otherwise they could paint themselves into a development corner when it comes to trying to shoehorn in protections later.  It's much easier to simply turn off protections and raise difficulty, than add them after the fact.

Different types and difficulties of campaign worlds has always been part of the package, and there is no reason to expect that the one you prefer is the one they will be focusing on at any particular time during the development process.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Posted (edited)

LOL

Wow love the responses......some of you need to read what is written and what you think you are reading and learn the difference. ALOOOOT of accusations have been fired at me.....if you actually read what I wrote 99% of those accusations are invalid.

Edited by Nextelum

I agree with OP and I understand your frustration. I haven't played a lot the past two campaigns because of such little open world PvP. Now it's also possible for gatherers to just go to the carebear map and gather in peace. Yes low ranked mats, but still rares and embers. It shouldn't be this way and I think everyone agrees on this. There are spots to gather or do PvE around your factions temple if you want to be in peace. I don't see a reason adding a whole permenant campaign for newbies. 

Every new characters spawns in an area with no enemies but you can get a feel for the game by killing some spiders or do some basic gathering. We need more people getting in to the real campaign for it to be a healthy one. Past campaigns have had such little PvP for me and it's the only reason I play this game. I thought this game was going to be heavily PvP orientated and honestly, I don't see any other game coming as close to as what Darkfall was for me but this one. However, with the current spirit bank issue and the new carebear campaign there's only less people going out in the real campaign and it frustrates me. 

I was already a bit let down that whenever you encounter PvP in open world they would just spirit bank their materials fast without fighting back. It's so boring, I want to have that feeling with a high heart beat, shaking hands because you have to fight to keep your inventory. As of right now it's just bank your stuff fast and see if you still have a chance to fight back but usually I just attack them and they stand still. I'm not looking forward to play right now untill they fix these issues. Fighting people that stand still is boring.

If there’s no pvp it’s not the fault of GR... that is, unless, you consider acceptable PvP to be against players who can’t or don’t know how to fight back.  We already have 1 @ZYBAK , seats taken.

Reach out for actual pvp.  We’ll set it up however you want.

44 minutes ago, Ble said:

If there’s no pvp it’s not the fault of GR... that is, unless, you consider acceptable PvP to be against players who can’t or don’t know how to fight back.  We already have 1 @ZYBAK , seats taken.

Truth. Was a lot easier when opposing factions could communicate in game. Need to create other ways. 

15 minutes ago, oneply said:

Truth. Was a lot easier when opposing factions could communicate in game. Need to create other ways. 

Discord? 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

16 hours ago, Ble said:

It's so unfortunate now that Ble cannot beg for forgiveness anymore.  a shame your guild can't hide on  EU to farm anymore eh?

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Fade said:

It's so unfortunate now that Ble cannot beg for forgiveness anymore.  a shame your guild can't hide on  EU to farm anymore eh?

Yikes, someone is salty that he applied and was denied....

inb4 nah, bro, I didn't want to join, I was just applying to test out my guild application skills.

Edited by Ble

I played the original Ultima Online, maybe before the OP was born. It was a lot like Crowfall with the biggest difference being full loot.

My first play session was with a friend that also bought the game and started with me. We spent 2 or 3 hours in the starter town, we built basic weapons and armor, did some quests, explored....then we took one step into the open pvp wooded area just outside town. Someone killed us both so fast we didn't have time to react. We didn't even have all of the controls down yet. He took everything we had managed to build and acquire in our first hours in that new world.

My friend said the game wasn't for him and quit within 5 minutes, never to log in again. I was about this >.< close to doing the very same thing.

It was a horrible experience and not one that any niche game like Crowfall can afford to let happen if their goal is to be a profitable company. It also should not be the goal of the OP as games like this require other people to play with to have any sort of enjoyable experience. The newbie area is very much needed.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Toadwart said:

I played the original Ultima Online, maybe before the OP was born. It was a lot like Crowfall with the biggest difference being full loot

LOLOLOLOL I was one of the first on the server come release, and I Wish I was a spring chicken.

My first play session was with a friend that also bought the game and started with me. We spent 2 or 3 hours in the starter town, we built basic weapons and armor, did some quests, explored....then we took one step into the open pvp wooded area just outside town. Someone killed us both so fast we didn't have time to react. We didn't even have all of the controls down yet. He took everything we had managed to build and acquire in our first hours in that new world

That's called FEL...was the flip side to pve side of game...the underworld if you will ...VERY different. I LIVED in Fel in 2 18x18's side by side, u obvousily ignored the warning your entering fel….not the games fault ...yours...next

It was a horrible experience and not one that any niche game like Crowfall can afford to let happen if their goal is to be a profitable company. It also should not be the goal of the OP as games like this require other people to play with to have any sort of enjoyable experience. The newbie area is very much needed.

UO was one of the most popular games EVER...and it had an ENTIRE WORLD OF PURE PVE....so your argument is invalid....NEXXXXXT!!!!!!, There was no "newbie" area, you went pve or pvp you had a choice but EVERYTHING was in world....not a "separate zone", and the ONLY 2 things you cant solo in Crow are minerals and gems...….you don't "NEED" a guild or grp but sure does help, u can hire a worker, get a friends, ask for some help to get those 2 things, player economy is going to have them on market....so I ask how CANT u solo in crow?

Edited by Nextelum

Posted (edited)

LOLOLOLOL I was one of the first on the server come release, and I Wish I was a spring chicken.

See, this is how I know you aren't exactly telling the truth.

8 hours ago, Nextelum said:

UO was one of the most popular games EVER...and it had an ENTIRE WORLD OF PURE PVE....so your argument is invalid....NEXXXXXT!!!!!!, There was no "newbie" area, you went pve or pvp you had a choice but EVERYTHING was in world....not a "separate zone", and the ONLY 2 things you cant solo in Crow are minerals and gems...….you don't "NEED" a guild or grp but sure does help, u can hire a worker, get a friends, ask for some help to get those 2 things, player economy is going to have them on market....so I ask how CANT u solo in crow?

Ultima Online was only PvP for the entire time I played it and I couldn't even play it for the first 9ish months that it went live because my computer wasn't good enough. There was no PvE area (Trammel, I think it was called, came way, way later...like years later and I was done playing before then because Everquest 1 went retail and I moved there)

Also, you may be be as old as you say, but your choice of words, spelling and sentence structure suggest otherwise.

Lastly, I didn't mention anything about soloing. My post was in reference to how important it is to have an area and a system in place to let new players get acclimated to the world of Crowfall so they can eventually become veterans while supporting the game financially along the way. Not chasing people away before they have a chance to settle in because they are just going to take their money with them.

Edited by Toadwart
OCD