Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
oneply

Guards/Outposts

Curious on others thoughts regarding the guards/outposts in GR. Also, curious if this will be the new thing for the future. 

80m range on guards seems too far imo, especially on the outposts. less of a concern on forts. 1000 gold to rank up to 10 and must pay every time to respawn (at least make it progressively more expensive by rank). entire maps of r10 tho fun in its own way would get annoying especially when factoring in the 80m range. 

100g per rank based off how much you put in.  If you put in 656 gold, they would be rank 6.  If someone came by and added 144 gold, they'd be rank 8.

I actually think the current guard system is an improvement over last campaign. Outposts now have a meaning beyond the points they offer in that they are now a viable fallback point in PvP. The outposts are much harder to take but still a viable target for small groups or even a single powerful player. The lack of gear this campaign just makes their new strength a bit more pronounced, but I can cap a fully guarded campfire outpost solo.

The system is very rough however and needs improvement.

Things I'd like to see eventually.

1. Resource rewards related to capping and improving outposts/forts including the purchase of guards. (Probably in the form of dust for outposts/improvements and embers for capping forts.)
2. Increased difficulty in upgrading guards to rank 10 either through more invested resources, certain rank guards requiring a certain % control of a zone, or both.
3. Guards respawn for as long as your faction controls the fort/outpost but all guards are lost if the outpost/fort flips.
4. The potential for guard types other than rangers.

On 3/31/2019 at 10:13 PM, oneply said:

the guards/outposts in GR

I think it's fine to have the higher rank guards in Forts and Keeps but camps and outposts are intended for solo/small groups so they should be capped appropriately. Especially in GR, new players in intermediate gear getting shot from 80m by R10 is griefy.

The last time they talked about outposts and towers on a live stream. I believe they said the range was too far, so they reduced it to like 15m aggro and like 50m for overall range. This patch they literally put it back almost exactly to where it was prior to the last patch. Being a leather wearer that relies on stealth, it is much harder to solo cap the outposts and towers.