Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlphaandOmega

What are the benefits of owning parcels?

2 hours ago, AlphaandOmega said:

Is there too many parcels one can own? What are the benefits etc.

I would usually send you to the EK FAQ page ... but it seems it has been removed - to be updated i guess.

Basically, Eternal Kingdoms are the player housing areas of Crowfall. They can be used to build community hubs, market places, crafting centers and such. For campaigns with no imports, EK's don't matter. For campaigns with imports, they can become useful base camps for preparation and secure crafting. It is also planned that monarchs will be able to set things like taxes.

Parcels can be used to add land to an Eternal Kingdom (like a city or hills). Environment Parcels can provide a lot of basic resources. Stronghold Parcels can provide building tokens, which will allow you to place buildings or building parts of a specific size and type on it (like a villa or a castle wall). Buildings can provide connections slots for smaller building parts (like a work station or a vendor stall). Which again can provide connectors for even smaller building parts (like a vendor).

hl8aoIt.jpg

The current max size of an EK is 20x20 cells (so 400 cells max), with 1 cell being 128x128 meters, which is the size of a farm parcel.

w6iT7Du.jpg

Since you can place parcels in other peoples kingdoms too (if you got granted nobility in them), there is not really something like "too many" you can own.

So, wether you can take benefit of a parcel or not purely depends on what you do with it.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

15 minutes ago, Carrothead said:

noob question but since were on the topic and i cant find a fac how do you get new parcels ?

Parcels can be crafted via Geomancy, which is part of Stonemasonry.

As for now: In order to get the recipes, you need to equip the stonemasonry discipline rune. Those can be crafted by pressing J -> pre-alpha test recipes. And of course your crafter needs to be leveld high enough (and spend talent points) ingame to have unlocked a major discipline slot. Skilling stonemasonry via the passive skill system is not necessary, but helpful.

A lot of this is subject to changes, but for now, that's the way.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Posted (edited)

If you need to make large parcels it takes like over 300 soil,  each piece of soil requires mulch, ore concentrate, and gravel. All those things need to be be crafted, and you will soon find yourself going a bit nutty hitting the 4 same buttons over and over. 

All you need to do to avoid this frustration (which I hope factories or a mass produce button, similar to the large resource grind) is get a app called TinyTask.. it works really well with the game and I still love the person who told me about this..

I used to make soil while I slept using the app, I would wake up and it would be done, not sure if afk timer will affect it, but it would still be better to just let it run for 10 minutes, rather than clicking for those same 10

Edited by seastodd

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, seastodd said:

If you need to make large parcels it takes like over 300 soil,  each piece of soil requires mulch, ore concentrate, and gravel. All those things need to be be crafted, and you will soon find yourself going a bit nutty hitting the 4 same buttons over and over. 

All you need to do to avoid this frustration [...]

Like I said, I didn't check the numbers in 5.8 ... but I just took a short look, and if i saw this correctly, the largest parcel is currently about 130 soil (capital parcel). Also the requirements for soil and it's components has once more been reduced drastically, so that the costs got reduced to about 1/4 of the costs in the 5.7 list above. So right now it should be doable without bigger problems.

I also need to say that a single player should be good enough with a much smaller parcel than a capital. And ... capitals have originally meant to be built and maintained by 120 people. The shop price of such a parcel was 1.800$. This equals 15$ per person, which equals 1 month VIP ticket, which equals the ingame effort that is necessary to trade a VIP ticket with someone esle ingame. Multiplied by 120, that's how much effort building a capital parcel should rightfully take.

So, in my opinion, expecting this to be done alone + in the blink of an eye ... i am not sure if this would lead to a happy end.

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg