Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vkromas

5.8.6 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for 4/4/19

13 hours ago, Balathan said:

So disc drop rates... lets start with animal world spawns...

Animal world spawns are now the only way to drop major disciplines and to say the least their drop rates are poor. These are static spawns with 3 or 4 hour respawn times (we didn't bother to figure out which) that have a lot of health and are hard to find. Once found one would think that the long respawn boss would always drop a discipline. This however is not the case in our testing we killed 14 R4/R5 bosses with 0 disciplines dropped, we killed 3 R7 bosses with disciplines dropped 1 time and 1 R9 and it dropped that 1 time (these were all killed during night time, not sure if that is important). Now when discs drop they drop 4 and that is great but that drop rate on the lower ranks is abysmal and needs to be fixed. If these are 3-4 hour spawns that are static (meaning that once the time of death is known they will be pvp contestable) they MUST drop disciplines every time. I shouldn't be killing world bosses and getting nothing for it no matter what rank they are. We bounced the idea around them having guaranteed drops but the number of majors varied on rank. R1-4 1 disc, R5-6 2 discs, R7-8 3 discs, R9-10 4 discs. Given that from our few drops we had some overlapping discs we can assume that the tables are the same across all bosses and could be any major so with the system right now its almost impossible to get discs at all and the ones you do get you probably wont want. Please increase drop rates or rework how they drop on low ranked bosses.

Aside from the drop rates there is a spawning bug... ill drop some pictures. ACE please fix

Moving on to War tribe drops...

We farmed with 3 people R8 Urgu for 3 hours and came up with 1 minor discipline. We killed elites, captains, bosses, etc and came up with a few runic weapon recipes (maybe 12-15 between us) but only one discipline. The drop rates should be increased on minor disciplines, i don't know what the percentage drop rate on that is but its not high. We need 3 per person and a lot of them are useless so only 1/2 to 1/3 of the minors people will actually use. This system needs some touch up before live or people will be minor disc less. Again I'm going to say that maybe the rates at which the runic components drop and the discipline drop rates need to be flipped (and preferably increased). 12-15 discs after 3 hours of farming with 3 people is not great but at least its something.

This morning we killed 2 group bosses (evidently different then normal bosses) and they had a lot of loot (pictured below). This seems really backwards to me, if the minor drop rates are so poor why do the group bosses drop only 1 but they drop 4 recipes. With these drop rates we will be able to make 6 runic weapons a person before we ever get our minor disciplines. These realistically should be flipped so that when I kill one of these i get 4 discs and 1 recipe. But they had dropped loot both times we killed them so who could complain about that

I was with Balathan, and I love him but I am going to do a similar post with a bit more organization.

Findings / Observation (Major Disc Drops)

• We are not sure if drop is only during night.
  • Farmed at night to try to maximize drops either way.
  • Spawned either every 3 or 4 hours.
  • Farmed 15 or so R4/R5 - Got NOTHING
  • Farmed couple 7+ - Dropped 4 Majors
  • Out of the 12 Spawns farmed (this is the 6 spawns found in 2 different Maps) Only 2 were high rank(7+)
  • Taking above into account, changes are needed to drop rate etc.
  • Jumping Spider spawns sometimes spawn 3 Ancients

Recommendations / Fixes (Major Disc Drop)

• Keep Ancient spawns to always be in hunger touched form. (We do think fighting them in this form is better but think it would be hard or frustrating to deal with the day/night cycle) or have discs drop for both forms, or have more discs drop in hunger form.
  • Increase Spawn Rate (1 hour? 2 hour?)
  • All ranks should drop majors 100% of the time. Change the amount dropped based on rank.
  • Look at jumping spider spawn to see why it's creating 3 Ancients.
  • Consider making it difficult to "hard" farm without people knowing spawn timer or where it spawns.
  1. [Spawn based on server time so people can try to interrupt you]
  2. [Spawn on a variable time so if you killed them you have to wait as well and can't just get it on spawn easily]
  3. [Making Ancient spawn obvious even if ancient isn't spawned, otherwise VERY easy to run by it when it's dead and never find it]

Findings / Observation (Minor Disc Drops)

• "Group Boss"(is this new?) - 2 out of 2 dropped a Minor and 4 recipes
  • "Boss/Chief" - Rarely drops minors, drops recipes
  • "Captain" - VERY rarely drops minors
  • Group Boss/ Boss don't have proper names (Example urgu_champion_groupboss_8)

Recommendations / Fixes (Minor Disc Drop)

• Looks like Group boss has 100% drop rate for minors, this is great but like Balathan said should be 4 minors and 1 recipe. Current drops mean we could do every weapon we ever wanted as runic while not even having all our minors.
  • Question: Is the "group boss" new? What is there spawn rate? Is there one at every camp?
  • Boss/Chief should have 100% drop rate for atleast 1 minor.
  • Captain/Elites I still think should have more drop rates for minors, but above 2 recommendations would go a long way.

Findings / Observation (Camps)

• We are back to 100m range camps. (thought @jtoddcolemanwas adamantly against this?)
  • Camps are back to being abusable. Mobs DO NOT despawn even if camp does majority of damage, allowing easy skinning, gold, etc.
  • Mail/Plate classes have less HP and EVERYONE will get DESTROYED by 4 rank 10 guards doing tons of damage from 100m out

Recommendations / Fixes (Camps)

• Lower the range(50m?)
  • Go back to mobs despawning if they are killed by guards.
  • Not sure on damage, may need to be looked at considering we have less hp overall in this next patch until VERY late game

20 hours ago, coolster50 said:

I’m not exactly sure what I’m looking at with those pictures. It looks like Helcats are spawning at a Spider Spawner in the first one, but I’m not sure about the second one (unless Ancient mobs are the world bosses)

After playing test for awhile, I have found that Ancients are super tanky!

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Furious and Prickly Skin minors showing up on the minor discipline vendor in the temple seems like a bug, unless that's working around those not being added to loot tables yet.

Patch notes mention an "Exploration Discipline Vendor" but those don't seem to be placed in the world anywhere.

9 hours ago, Ussiah said:

Findings / Observation (Camps)

• We are back to 100m range camps
  • Camps are back to being abusable. Mobs DO NOT despawn even if camp does majority of damage, allowing easy skinning, gold, etc.
  • Mail/Plate classes have less HP and EVERYONE will get DESTROYED by 4 rank 10 guards doing tons of damage from 100m out

This seems like a major issue to me also. R10 guards with super range should not be at Camps or Outposts (intended to be solo/small group content).

19 minutes ago, miraluna said:

This seems like a major issue to me also. R10 guards with super range should not be at Camps or Outposts (intended to be solo/small group content).

Tested with wartribes, they disappeared, it was spiders that didn't, need to double check on different spawn to see if this was an isolated issue. Nonetheless, guards are too OP right now

This is just from my limited testing from April 6, 2019

• Bow Strings, Bow Sights, Bow Rests, and Shield Base: Large still don't have icons
  • Thank you for finally fixing the Elken issue! I can now finally tell my Minotaur apart from my Elken without having to look at names or classes :D
  • Wolves were dropping Auroch sacrifice items
  • Hunger shards could not be harvested in Training Zones on God's Reach
    • There were a lot of Hunger Shard spawns in God's Reach during Spring
  • Tower Shields are nifty :D
    • I just noticed, but Elken Knights point their shields towards the ground when blocking. Some other races might too.
  • Fae pause mid animation when summoning a mount
  • Wood grubs would not drop from trees, even with max Survivalist Training and the Survivalist Harvesting Disc Passive equipped. After like 30 minutes of farming, I got 10 pine nuts and 3 Bloodworms from R1 Birch trees, but no Wood Grubs. Can't craft advanced Poison Toxins without Wood Grubs (unless the recipe has changed)
  • Birch Heartwood and Oak Heartwood have the same icons
  • Is it intended that we can't get poor non-basic resources anymore? If so, woohoo! Also, can we please not get poor gems, minerals, heartwood, beeswax, blood, bone, and soulgems anymore aswell? :3 (them being on the free vendors makes me believe they still drop)
  • Ancients are tanky AF.
  • The Advanced Pistol recipe is still called "Pistol: Off Hand". Should probably be changed to just "Pistol"
  • Attention to Detail's tool tip says it grants addition Experiment Points, when it in fact increases the "worth"(?) of Experiment Points
    • The crafting UI doesn't really explain how much Attention to Detail increases the "worth" of Experiment Points
  • You can do a Small Reroll after a Large Reroll. Is this intended?
  • I got 3,000 extra HP from leveling a White, Green, and Blue vessel to 30. Does HP not scale with quality anymore?

3 hours ago, Teufel said:

I just saw this, what a QOL improvement, ore stacking more than 100!

Just until we get more bank space. It'll go back to 100 afterwards

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

minors drop should be increased until pre alpha end. else this is not worth time to test it.

decrease gear decay rate on mobs. this is stupid to craft special weapons/armor to farm only

after real game start I would like to see very low drop rate on disciplines since runes should be rare but plz do not make this game grind-based. it is already are.

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

The classes i have spend time on.

Assassin : Blackguard.

Poison Paradise :

8% Life Leech to all damage done is a much needed part of a spec that doesn’t offer more CC nor damage.  When the damage converted to health is only 8% though, u have to be careful how small the numbers become.

You are able to sumplement these numbesr with Leadership, but the 4.5% Leadership offers doesn’t make it viable anymore.

12.5% damage done converted to health means you for each 1000 Damage done you get 120 Health.  120 health… Hmm read into the equation that if you dont do damage that numbers is 0% if the Blackguard promotion passive is to even be slotted then this number has to change.  

You have classes far outdamaging you.  This is the only thing that the promotion class offers, and without it being viable the promotion class is just not worth taking the end talent. 

Assassin : Vandal.

On paper the Vandal looks like a really interesting spec., with Yagas Gift and multi stuns being on the top of the list.  Its a spec I’ve played aorund with a lot lately, but due to the squishiness of the class and lack of sustain means they are utterly reliant on their CC.  Something which Retaliate and “Q”’s pretty much makes it possible to ignore.

So what does the class have and what are the issues :

Yagas Gift : 

In a small scale (1v1 or Xv5) it’s a viable power to slot. The 15% health, becomes something u can use to lure people into overcommiting.  That beind said, with the armor changes, and especially the move of health from armor to leveling vessels end up with a lot less health, making the 15% a lot smaller.  

The 4 seconds of 90% damage reduction feels completely negliable and doesn’t provide the escape it’s suppose to.

It’s an extremely weak “promotion class” power compared to mau of the others, end compared to the 20% extra damage for example that the Cutthroat gest 100% of the time, then the 5 minute cooldown is just brutal.

The Stun vs Retaliate.

Since the Vandal is heavily reliant on the Stun anything which makes it possible for the opponent to ignore that CC becomes something to be aware of.

Especially the amount of Retaliate you are capable of using combined with how often “Q” is usable for a class then this spec becomes a lot less viable.

Ranger : Archer

The Archer is a turret mode class, and the promotion class offers you a nice boost to your damage, in making your LMB/Channeled shots cast twice as fast.  As long as you stand still.

Stand still…

Reflect on that a bit, the time -any- class can stand still on combat is extremely situational, and very rare.  But but they have a lot of range you say… Like 60 m… That’s true, problem is that unless you’re on elevated terrain you can¨t even see your opponent.  Your own allies block your field of vision and targeting anyone is actually quite hard.

Add to that, that the Bow-Quiver (read QUIVER!) doesn’t add up (see previous feedback post) then the amount of cast time a ranger has, vs that amount of damage they do is starting to get a bit out of had.

-NO- other class have their LMB slowing you to 50% movement speed.  Why is this relic of gameplay still present on the ranger when it’s been removed from all the other classes?

The Archer is extremely squishy, has not defences, and basically no abilities to kite effectively with…

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

You can do both a large and small re-roll. Not sure if this is intended or not.

You are able to do a large re-roll, then a small re-roll. If you do small re-roll first you can not then do a large re-roll after.

Spirit is giving 0.2 stamina per point not 2.

Crit Hit Chance is based on Dex regardless of class.

Crit Healing Chance is based on SPR regardless of class.

Crit Hit Damage is based on INT regardless of class.

Crit Healing Amount is based on INT regardless of class.

Strength tooltip stats : 
Gives MELEE classes Attackpower.

Assassin don't get Attackpower from Strength.  It only comes from Dexterity.  So a Strength based Assassin is no viable.  Or is the assassin not a melee class?!

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

I recently logged into the test server with my friend Aerion. We tried a few different aspects of the game and were generally excited to play. Here is a list of some things I liked, and some things I didn’t like.

Things I didn’t like:

1.       The first time I loaded up Crowfall it took more than half a minute to display something other than a black screen. I believe the industry standard is to have something on the screen, such as a loading icon, before eight seconds. For a moment I wasn’t sure if the game broke.

2.       The grid lettering on the map is unconventional, with both lowercase and uppercase lettering. A game that did grid lettering really well is Foxhole. It’s on steam in early access, I would check it out.

3.       I understand that development takes time, but I can’t recommend the game to some of my pickier friends until there is textures on the temple. Immersion is a big deal for some people.

4.       It took me a while to realize that tooltips for the rune gates didn’t appear because I was in combat mode. I spent a minute trying to figure out which rune gate went where.

5.       The harvesting targets are not reliably hittable.

6.       The siege timer doesn’t consistently update and gets stuck. The map siege timer works perfectly.

7.       My computer’s hardware isn’t being utilized. I was at 20% CPU usage and 39% GPU usage and I was still getting 35FPS max.

8.       It was difficult to find animals on this map. We searched for about an hour before finding our second animal den and realized it was easier to camp the animals than scour the map for animals.

9.       Where do you get gold in this version? The mobs weren’t dropping any gold.

10.   At level 6 with intermediate armor, the plague tree seemed unkillable and overpowered. We ended up just chilling in the keep until the siege window closed.

11.   At the end of the siege with only two of us in the area, the FPS dropped hard as it loaded up the siege completion window. The siege window didn’t go away either without manually clicking the button.

12. We didn't find a single mob boss in the 4 hours we played.

Things I did like:

1.       The new training dummies in the temple are cool. If I may suggest, Everquest 2 has an ability for all classes called the strike of consistency, which deals a consistent flat amount of damage, used for testing the effects of gear and other buffs on the character.

2.       I much prefer the different PvP camps to have no guards, or upgradable guard posts, to the old system.

3.       I liked the warning tooltip for near destroyed harvesting tools. It lets me focus on hitting the targets.

4.       Having the harvested resources appear only to the harvester, or members of the same party, seems like it would help with griefing, although I haven’t encountered that style of griefing.

5.       Playing this time around I felt as though there was less hitching and less jerky character movement.

Questions:

1.       Are we going to get a customizable user interface? I would prefer if every window or aspect of the UI was movable or editable.

@thomasblair Have you considered mobs dropping "discipline fragments" that way we can put them together to the disciplines we want? May make loot tables easier, just control how many they drop.

If you still want to differentiate could have "Urgu Minor Discipline Fragment" or "Offensive Minor/Major Discipline Fragment" and make the recipes require different fragment types.

28 minutes ago, Ussiah said:

@thomasblair Have you considered mobs dropping "discipline fragments" that way we can put them together to the disciplines we want? May make loot tables easier, just control how many they drop.

If you still want to differentiate could have "Urgu Minor Discipline Fragment" or "Offensive Minor/Major Discipline Fragment" and make the recipes require different fragment types.

Seems like a bit too much work for what is essentially a temporary system for majors and an easily altered drop rate for minors imo.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

5 hours ago, Ussiah said:

I'd like this.

5 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

Seems like a bit too much work for what is essentially a temporary system for majors and an easily altered drop rate for minors imo.

Having fragments or something that could work with the crafting system would be more interesting. Could be tossed into Runecrafting or it's own thing. Along with providing more to the economy with another form of currency. They already have the systems in place, just a matter of creating a little bit more of the same.

I'm not a fan of the already grindy design they are going even more towards. While dialing in the drop rates and somehow making Thralls interesting will be helpful, but likely still come down to grinding against the RNG machine.

People either get the disciplines they are looking for or hope they can trade what they do have. Which does make them a currency, but like everything, will likely be controlled with those already with power. A more crafting/component based system would allow a bit more player control and choice and possibly give more opportunity to new or less powerful players.

Both means to the same end, one is just less creative IMO.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, APE said:

Which does make them a currency, but like everything, will likely be controlled with those already with power. A more crafting/component based system would allow a bit more player control

These seem to be contradictory statements.

Either the drop system is so easy to control that players will control it, or its so uncontrollable that players need a way to better control it.

Any system that is easier for less populous or less skilled players to access and control is easier for more skilled or populous players to control simply because all players function by the same rules.

Forces that control the spawn of a single rng disc would control the spawn of a currency that creates that disc just as easily because in the end its about controlling access to the mobs and has nothing to do with the drop rate of discs or currency.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"