Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vkromas

5.8.6 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for 4/4/19

47 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

These seem to be contradictory statements.

Either the drop system is so easy to control that players will control it, or its so uncontrollable that players need a way to better control it.

Any system that is easier for less populous or less skilled players to access and control is easier for more skilled or populous players to control simply because all players function by the same rules.

Forces that control the spawn of a single rng disc would control the spawn of a currency that creates that disc just as easily because in the end its about controlling access to the mobs and has nothing to do with the drop rate of discs or currency.

I don't disagree but I believe a more craft/gathering focused system would provide more opportunity for everyone (notably those at a disadvantage), play more into the economy and overall craft/harvest focused design.

Why don't they have gear drop from mobs? Because they've gone all in on harvesting and crafting being vital. To then just toss XYZ onto mobs and the RNG slot machine seems rather lackluster. Although I get that they can't spend time on making every aspect of the game more then kill bad AI, but more seems to be going to this way of design which other games do so much better.

They have the systems in place one way or another already, wouldn't be a great deal of redo or what not.

The organized skilled groups will do what they will, but I can see smaller/newer groups having more chance to get in/out and get fragments or whatever that could be used for trade or use themselves, not unlike how harvesting or doing PVE has worked previously. Compared to what will likely be a need to camp mobs for a greater length of time looking for XYZ for themselves or that actually has value in the economy. Also allows smaller groups or even individuals to gank others and get potentially more value in return.

As I mentioned, means to the same end with this suggestion simply providing more avenues for fun IMO.

Minor bug: In crow spirit form; if you scroll the camera into first person mode then back to third person, the trailing particle effects will now be a few meters in front of the crow. Those that usually trail the wings now swirl around randomly. They are still attached to the crow as panning the camera shows they are in front of the crow.

Apologies if this is a known issue. I had a quick look but couldn't find any mention. Also apologies if this is a quirk of my antiquated computer.

2wq615t.png

11 hours ago, Ussiah said:

@thomasblair Have you considered mobs dropping "discipline fragments" that way we can put them together to the disciplines we want? May make loot tables easier, just control how many they drop.

If you still want to differentiate could have "Urgu Minor Discipline Fragment" or "Offensive Minor/Major Discipline Fragment" and make the recipes require different fragment types.

I feel this should be how it works for minor discs and should be runecrafting recipe.

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Posted (edited)
On 4/8/2019 at 9:52 AM, Ussiah said:

@thomasblair Have you considered mobs dropping "discipline fragments" that way we can put them together to the disciplines we want? May make loot tables easier, just control how many they drop.

If you still want to differentiate could have "Urgu Minor Discipline Fragment" or "Offensive Minor/Major Discipline Fragment" and make the recipes require different fragment types.

Frankly we already have enough fragments, shards, gems, and other assorted ingredients to last us till the universe cools. 

Why not just cook up a bunch of recipes that make many of them out of unrelated mixtures. 

Alchemical recipes like mandrake + granite + iron + oak = Resolution potion.

Perhaps use runestone blanks + resolution potion + chaos ember = Resolution minor discipline. Force a specific minimum blank quality on some, so that world type gates, OR you can get them from drops, OR buy them from players EK side.

Not all runes need to be covered this way. Perhaps none of these recipes are even documented, and just fall under a "rune potion" recipe so people have to discover them like we did with the metal combos. With the tools at hand that sort of addition would be just some recipe mix and match and could be pushed into the alchemists direction, so an alchemist could make both a temporary buff potion, or have the same potion being used to make minor runes.

There are existing very cool systems, so why not mix and match a few for a while, instead of bloating inventory requirements even more than they already are?  

The above does not preclude ALSO dropping on boss mobs, or exclusivity of some runes from boss mobs only, but could provide another avenue to the same items.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Avernus snap test 4/8/18, Aracoix camp at S29 (2278, 3628) in Axis Mundi has a perma-stealth Assassin group boss.  I can see him via Molehunter Heads Up, but damage/powers won't remove him from stealth.  Damage done to him or received by him does not show up in the log.

6 hours ago, Hyriol said:

Avernus snap test 4/8/18, Aracoix camp at S29 (2278, 3628) in Axis Mundi has a perma-stealth Assassin group boss.  I can see him via Molehunter Heads Up, but damage/powers won't remove him from stealth.  Damage done to him or received by him does not show up in the log.

Yea, he got me once while I was killing another boss.

4 hours ago, Ussiah said:

I am concerned about gold amounts. They are much lower in this recent build. What happened to fully leveling over a weekend? Seems like more grind on grind just to get started.

yeah lvling higher grade vessels is gonna be impossible, especially since you need higher rank mobs to lvl them, which is so stupid, i cant kill a high rank mob with ONE skill. Gold is the only way to do it

On 4/7/2019 at 8:00 AM, Ussiah said:

I was with Balathan, and I love him but I am going to do a similar post with a bit more organization.

Findings / Observation (Major Disc Drops)

• We are not sure if drop is only during night.
  • Farmed at night to try to maximize drops either way.
  • Spawned either every 3 or 4 hours.
  • Farmed 15 or so R4/R5 - Got NOTHING
  • Farmed couple 7+ - Dropped 4 Majors
  • Out of the 12 Spawns farmed (this is the 6 spawns found in 2 different Maps) Only 2 were high rank(7+)
  • Taking above into account, changes are needed to drop rate etc.
  • Jumping Spider spawns sometimes spawn 3 Ancients

Recommendations / Fixes (Major Disc Drop)

• Keep Ancient spawns to always be in hunger touched form. (We do think fighting them in this form is better but think it would be hard or frustrating to deal with the day/night cycle) or have discs drop for both forms, or have more discs drop in hunger form.
  • Increase Spawn Rate (1 hour? 2 hour?)
  • All ranks should drop majors 100% of the time. Change the amount dropped based on rank.
  • Look at jumping spider spawn to see why it's creating 3 Ancients.
  • Consider making it difficult to "hard" farm without people knowing spawn timer or where it spawns.
  1. [Spawn based on server time so people can try to interrupt you]
  2. [Spawn on a variable time so if you killed them you have to wait as well and can't just get it on spawn easily]
  3. [Making Ancient spawn obvious even if ancient isn't spawned, otherwise VERY easy to run by it when it's dead and never find it]

Findings / Observation (Minor Disc Drops)

• "Group Boss"(is this new?) - 2 out of 2 dropped a Minor and 4 recipes
  • "Boss/Chief" - Rarely drops minors, drops recipes
  • "Captain" - VERY rarely drops minors
  • Group Boss/ Boss don't have proper names (Example urgu_champion_groupboss_8)

Recommendations / Fixes (Minor Disc Drop)

• Looks like Group boss has 100% drop rate for minors, this is great but like Balathan said should be 4 minors and 1 recipe. Current drops mean we could do every weapon we ever wanted as runic while not even having all our minors.
  • Question: Is the "group boss" new? What is there spawn rate? Is there one at every camp?
  • Boss/Chief should have 100% drop rate for atleast 1 minor.
  • Captain/Elites I still think should have more drop rates for minors, but above 2 recommendations would go a long way.

Findings / Observation (Camps)

• We are back to 100m range camps. (thought @jtoddcolemanwas adamantly against this?)
  • Camps are back to being abusable. Mobs DO NOT despawn even if camp does majority of damage, allowing easy skinning, gold, etc.
  • Mail/Plate classes have less HP and EVERYONE will get DESTROYED by 4 rank 10 guards doing tons of damage from 100m out

Recommendations / Fixes (Camps)

• Lower the range(50m?)
  • Go back to mobs despawning if they are killed by guards.
  • Not sure on damage, may need to be looked at considering we have less hp overall in this next patch until VERY late game

@vkromas@thomasblair Drop rates still appear untouched. Will we be seeing an increase to drop rates any time soon?

ancient mobs seem to have a possibility to just despawn after death and give you no loot at all, after fighting them for a day and night cycle to get them down... (TEST AVERNUS 4/8/19)

1 hour ago, Balathan said:

@vkromas@thomasblair Drop rates still appear untouched. Will we be seeing an increase to drop rates any time soon?

I know this is something Brandon has been continuing to work on and iterate during this cycle. 

Posted (edited)

@vkromas @thomasblair

Dont know, if someone mentioned/posted reminder in Bandages timing bug (?), but - 

1. Different types of Bandages can be sometime "-override/pre-recast/overwritten/and to the beginning-" before previous timer of "Recently Bandaged" finished.
here seems the circle is (and could be also with War tribes mob conditions in aggro..?) :
override - timer is jammed and stucked in the recent/previous one
recast - toggle - before the timer completes
overwritten - gain hit points before reaching old timer

(2. - Red window "low HP alert" is struggling with those timers after that...)

(but thumbs up for cool look !! :) )

Edited by InVisio

QoL: Help Hint displayed the wrong side of the gate to Nysa Free City

1. IN own faction temple approach Nysa Gate

2. Help Hint pops saying you are not allowed to travel to other factions (forgot exact wording?)

3. Press F and Travel to Nysa anyway.

Rain

Kind of a pain that basic toxin takes the Artisan Crafting minor to make. When gold from animals has been removed, and gold from Risen has been nerfed, that 120g vendor cost looks pretty expensive to a naked Lv7.

Without that toxin, diffusion is useless.

Ancient animals blend into the pack nicely, until you tag one and it nukes you.

Please consider making them larger (20%?) so they actually stand out.

Again...

With the lack of being able to remove Major Disciplines, you will burn through vessels testing things to get it "right".
With the gold drop being a LOT less than before, the time taken to reach the point where you unlock your major disciplines become a long grind.
With people persistantly requesting things game NOT to be a grind, how does this fit in with the vision of Crowfall being a game where you can enter the fight and feel useful from the start.

Where did the change in attitude towards grind (the huge amount of PvE/Gathering we are experiencing) happen?  A huge amount of the present tester, brought into the concept and design of the game... now that you are changing it, do you feel you are going back on the visions by which you have sold the game?  If not, then can you please take some time to elaborate as to how this fits in with that vision.

The vision that I refer to is : No Crowfall is not going to be grind heavy vs what we are saying we experience/see.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

32 minutes ago, Soulreaver said:

Again...

With the lack of being able to remove Major Disciplines, you will burn through vessels testing things to get it "right".
With the gold drop being a LOT less than before, the time taken to reach the point where you unlock your major disciplines become a long grind.
With people persistantly requesting things game NOT to be a grind, how does this fit in with the vision of Crowfall being a game where you can enter the fight and feel useful from the start.

Where did the change in attitude towards grind (the huge amount of PvE/Gathering we are experiencing) happen?  A huge amount of the present tester, brought into the concept and design of the game... now that you are changing it, do you feel you are going back on the visions by which you have sold the game?  If not, then can you please take some time to elaborate as to how this fits in with that vision.

The vision that I refer to is : No Crowfall is not going to be grind heavy vs what we are saying we experience/see.

Yea I really dont understand the gold nerf especially because the other changes already are pushing towards more grind. .6 looking more and more like "the grind" patch. Very low drop rates for discs, lower gold amounts, oh and dont forget OP guards that shoot you from 100m again while you struggle to get to lvl 10

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Ussiah said:

Yea I really dont understand the gold nerf

As a skinner, this really hurt.

• Harvest nodes that fight back, check
  • Nodes that yield fewer resources at night, check
  • No nodes on keep/fort parcels, check
  • Guards kill harvest nodes, check
  • Competition from levelers farming the nodes only for xp, check - at least they wont be farming gold anymore.
  • Corpses despawn if not looted immediately after killing, check - Do me the favor of removing the 1 dust and trash items, and just spawn the harvest node so it'll be there once I'm out of combat.
  • No motherlodes, check
  • Oversupplied meat instead of valued dust & embers, check - Correction: 1 dust, as loot.
  • Blood & Bone in place of gems, minerals & heartwood. I'll call that one close enough to even, but people only want bone so they can get gems and minerals easier, and blood so they can polish gems.

Now, no gold either.

For the last campaign (Kane), I was able to find quality spawns for all types of hide (just in time for a wipe :rolleyes:). It's not on par with the quantity and diversity of basic and ML nodes in a single adventure canyon, or at any given keep, but it's a start. Here's hoping that carries forward.

The skinning profession needs some serious love to be on par with the others. For testing purposes I'm sticking with it. If the game were going live today, I'd walk away from skinning and not look back.

Edited by VaMei

9 minutes ago, VaMei said:

As a skinner, this really hurt.

• Harvest nodes that fight back, check
  • Nodes that yield fewer resources at night, check
  • No nodes on keep/fort parcels, check
  • Guards kill harvest nodes, check
  • Competition from levelers farming the nodes only for xp, check - at least they wont be farming gold anymore.
  • Oversupplied meat instead of valued dust & embers, check - Correction: 1 dust, as loot.
  • Corpses despawn if not looted immediately after killing, check - Do me the favor of removing the 1 dust and trash items, and just spawn the harvest node so it'll be there once I'm out of combat.
  • No motherlodes, check
  • Blood & Bone in place of gems, minerals & heartwood. I'll call that one close enough to even, but people only want bone so they can get gems and minerals easier, and blood so they can polish gems.

Now, no gold either.

For the last campaign (Kane), I was able to find quality spawns for all types of hide (just in time for a wipe :rolleyes:). It's not on par with the quantity and diversity of basic and ML nodes in a single adventure canyon, or at any given keep, but it's a start. Here's hoping that carries forward.

The skinning profession needs some serious love to be on par with the others. For testing purposes I'm sticking with it. If the game were going live today, I'd walk away from skinning and not look back.

@this

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

13 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

@this

^

This complaint is SEVERAL patches old.

I know that you guys are all gung ho about getting all the systems on line, but if you have time to do QOL for new players you surely have time to QOL the rest of the game.

And right now the quality of life for every single player has hit the floor.

You just had a new player review come out that complained the OLD system was too grindy.

How do you think new players are going to react to this one?

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"