Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Chroma

Short Campaign, way more fun.

Recommended Posts

For those of you that are sitting on the sidelines waiting for the impending wipe, you are missing some of the best fights in 5.8.  The Zone locking two faction zergfest was killing the fun for me( and probably you) so this is a nice change of pace. The no import Quick campaign is doing exactly what I hoped it would, getting people into "Acceptable" gear and out into the field. People have been running with good enough and what they have instead of sitting back for a week and min/maxing a complete set.

Now for the feels:

Congratulations to CC and FoE for pulling together and being good enemies. I like seeing your coordination and more survivable groups. Thank you -W- for providing tough fights, as always. Great job on Keep defense last night HoA. We boxed your ears in the field but you showed us how it's done in the tree room. You earned it last night and though I'd take any chance to turn any one of you into a crow, you have my respect. I hope we can continue to find this medium scale fighting for at least the rest of this campaign. I hope that our Devs can figure out a way to provide different levels of conflict that doesn't always escalate into a +1 competition.

It does, of course, go without saying that I am supremely proud of the ragtag Order misfits who are equally skilled, coordinated, and arguably better looking. It's been fun.

07

Chroma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Duffy said:

Counterpoint: this campaign’s PvP is overall garbage in my opinion.

orders always willing to set up even fights, just dm order leadership on discord, me, nueby, chroma, nerion, sophia scarlett, and ltab


hoayaga2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Chroma said:

For those of you that are sitting on the sidelines waiting for the impending wipe, you are missing some of the best fights in 5.8.  The Zone locking two faction zergfest was killing the fun for me( and probably you) so this is a nice change of pace. The no import Quick campaign is doing exactly what I hoped it would, getting people into "Acceptable" gear and out into the field. People have been running with good enough and what they have instead of sitting back for a week and min/maxing a complete set.

Now for the feels:

Congratulations to CC and FoE for pulling together and being good enemies. I like seeing your coordination and more survivable groups. Thank you -W- for providing tough fights, as always. Great job on Keep defense last night HoA. We boxed your ears in the field but you showed us how it's done in the tree room. You earned it last night and though I'd take any chance to turn any one of you into a crow, you have my respect. I hope we can continue to find this medium scale fighting for at least the rest of this campaign. I hope that our Devs can figure out a way to provide different levels of conflict that doesn't always escalate into a +1 competition.

It does, of course, go without saying that I am supremely proud of the ragtag Order misfits who are equally skilled, coordinated, and arguably better looking. It's been fun.

07

Chroma

I’ve heard some good and some bad.  It’s hard to gauge it for me.  A no import followed by a wipe after a week is a hard pass for me.  I don’t have the time to throw away.  I’m not mad about the short CW and the wipe, they are making a game and need to be able to make it without the players revolting about disrupting their “playing”.   

I am however pissy about them adding more rng pve farming to what is supposed a pvp game. 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure you could look at the gathering portion of it as time thrown away. For me, In a 7 day campaign,  I spent about the first day (5 hours) gathering and organizing, the second day crafting (about another 5 hours for our 6-7 actives) and the last 5 not worrying about a damn thing and PVPing my ass off. I guess it depends on how potato you want to be with your gear. Staff had his white set rolled in the first 4 hour hours of the first day and has been running that ever since. Even less commitment to the gathering and crafting portion. 

I agree with your sentiment on the rng farming. I wish we had multiple avenues for getting things (mount, discs, levels, belt attachments). That being said I feel like this short campaign is a sort of last hurrah for our old ways of life. The next campaign I suspect we will all be spending too much time farming monsters for that 3% chance to get a Demons Pact and oh by the way it's only available at night.

Talk about throwing time away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Chroma said:

Sure you could look at the gathering portion of it as time thrown away. For me, In a 7 day campaign,  I spent about the first day (5 hours) gathering and organizing, the second day crafting (about another 5 hours for our 6-7 actives) and the last 5 not worrying about a damn thing and PVPing my ass off. I guess it depends on how potato you want to be with your gear. Staff had his white set rolled in the first 4 hour hours of the first day and has been running that ever since. Even less commitment to the gathering and crafting portion. 

I agree with your sentiment on the rng farming. I wish we had multiple avenues for getting things (mount, discs, levels, belt attachments). That being said I feel like this short campaign is a sort of last hurrah for our old ways of life. The next campaign I suspect we will all be spending too much time farming monsters for that 3% chance to get a Demons Pact and oh by the way it's only available at night.

Talk about throwing time away.

i was gonna roll in all white for the entire camp after crafting it with maybe some weapons improvement that i steal but someone else generously offered their own mats to craft me a cooler color, something about me having the highest dps on order 


hoayaga2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chroma said:

 

7 hours ago, Chroma said:

I agree with your sentiment on the rng farming. I wish we had multiple avenues for getting things (mount, discs, levels, belt attachments). That being said I feel like this short campaign is a sort of last hurrah for our old ways of life. The next campaign I suspect we will all be spending too much time farming monsters for that 3% chance to get a Demons Pact and oh by the way it's only available at night.

I made a post on the dev partner forums criticizing the fact that there is so much PvE RNG.  I suggest you guys make a post and tell them what you feel about it (for or against it).  Use the boards, they read them when it doesn’t spiral into hogwash politics (and sometimes when it does). 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 0 import rule set was nice to have. It leveled the field to an acceptable standard. For a lot of us wondering what it would be like to be on equal footing but was always told "it don't make a difference", we all see what a difference it made. Better testing comes from less "unknown variables". Personally I look forward to more balanced fights in the future, tactics and group synergies should be superior to stacking high quality gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...