Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Andius

What One Feature of Crowfall Stands Out to You The Most?

Posted (edited)

So I'm curious to know what other alpha testers enjoy about what's been put into the game. What is your favorite feature of what exists so far?

I came here for the PvP but I think the most interesting feature so far is the gathering. The way it is set up actually involves skill and encourages harvesting in a group. Never seen that before and it's a welcome change. Played other games with better crafting, but I've never played a game with better gathering than Crowfall. I expect it will only get better as the game gets more optimized in terms of performance.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

14 minutes ago, ZYBAK said:

The concept of Campaigns and every so often the board completely wipes. 

Yeah I'd prefer to play in a campaigns that ban the importation of items and vessels. It essentially makes the game play as a grand MOBA/RTS which sounds good to me.

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

2 hours ago, Andius said:

So I'm curious to know what other alpha testers enjoy about what's been put into the game. What is your favorite feature of what exists so far?

I came here for the PvP but I think the most interesting feature so far is the gathering. The way it is set up actually involves skill and encourages harvesting in a group. Never seen that before and it's a welcome change. Played other games with better crafting, but I've never played a game with better gathering than Crowfall. I expect it will only get better as the game gets more optimized in terms of performance.

The most interesting feature?  Hmmm.   I’d have to say the overt complexity of everything besides combat.  The crafting is complex, the harvesting is complex, the logistics is complex and the character creation will be complex when they add talents for discs and advantages/disadvantages. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

The best feature is Campaigns. This one feature sets Crowfall apart from other similar sandbox territory control games.

However, the Crowfall community is the best thing overall about the game. Enemies even have respect for each other, several of our enemies post friendly messages on our Discord almost every day. The smack talking isn't really that toxic, especially compared with other games. Several times I've seen people on opposing factions compliment the guild I'm in, and I've seen lots of positive interactions between individuals as well. A few months ago, when we were finally getting into gear as a group, it was an enemy group that helped us with info and even mats. You almost never see that in other games. Then, later, individual friends we've made on each faction continued to help us.

So, while campaigns set Crowfall apart from other games, it's the community that really makes me love it.

corvus-logo.gif

Corvus Citadel is recruiting!

Come hang out with us on Discord

Posted (edited)

I would say the Campaign system, but not just what others have said above about resets, although that is a really good feature. I think it's more that when they reset they can try/have different rule sets.  I don't think that aspect gets as much notice as it deserves.

I look at it this way. Maybe the whole "Zero imports" is a total non-starter for certain kinds of players.  Great, don't join those, join other ones. Maybe your more casual, only have a couple of hours a week and you hate the feeling of being behind and want a world of whites only you can buy quickly in an EK before the world starts and know your opponents don't have much over you on gear variation.  Great, there will be a world for you as well. Maybe you don't even want the RPG permanent progression and grind aspects so much, so ACE eventually builds a world with huge drop rates but zero exports, because you really want it to feel like a longer battle royal.  

The ability to iterate on the game models to possibly find one that is really fun, that nobody even expected would work but ACE tried anyway, is to me the best aspect of the game.

I see quite a bit of "the game should DO this" or "ACE needs to accommodate that because it's a 'better' play style". So many people seem to miss, CF has the potential to be all those things at the same time.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

Posted (edited)

What 1st got my attention was the team; I know from experience that Gordon, Blair, and Raph can build worlds. JTodd's history is impressive too, so I kept an eye on developments. The fact that CF is self produced was a big deal too; no uninvolved investors forcing the product. So I kept watch.

Open world sandbox, crafting complexity, and player economy, coupled with the dying worlds? Had to give it a go.

Edited by VaMei

Vessels are the most unique thing crowfall has going for it. The only comparable system I can think of is EVE ships, but even EVE ships are factory line models rather than the customizable and build critical nature of vessels.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"