Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
smoothmovemcgee

How important is strength?

Recommended Posts

Hey, Im level 21 and have competely stacked my dexterity trait. I know strength affects the final damage modifier, but how much does that affect a rangers overall damage? And how does it compare to attack power?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, smoothmovemcgee said:

Hey, Im level 21 and have competely stacked my dexterity trait. I know strength affects the final damage modifier, but how much does that affect a rangers overall damage? And how does it compare to attack power?

Dex was giving a huge mitigation boost to rangers...  with the new armor system we will need to check if that is still similar.  Ranger survivability is key because their damage output is subpar no matter how much you min/max it.   The meta has consistently been about outlasting your opponents more than out damaging them.  
As we can most confidently say though, "things may change."


6FUI4Mk.jpg

                                                        Sugoi - Senpai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Frykka said:

Dex was giving a huge mitigation boost to rangers...  with the new armor system we will need to check if that is still similar.  Ranger survivability is key because their damage output is subpar no matter how much you min/max it.   The meta has consistently been about outlasting your opponents more than out damaging them.  
As we can most confidently say though, "things may change."

Thanks for letting me know. Can you tell me what seems to do well damage wise at max level? I'm looking for something that can cause a lot of single target damage. I wouldnt be oppsed to a good AoE class either for the right scenarios.

Edited by smoothmovemcgee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, smoothmovemcgee said:

Thanks for letting me know. Can you tell me what seems to do well damage wise at max level? I'm looking for something that can cause a lot of single target damage. I wouldnt be oppsed to a good AoE class either for the right scenarios.

Titan Myrm & Alpha Champ have been good for a while as they had high health, armor, damage. Not sure how much things are going to change with the upcoming update, but hopefully squishy classes that have struggled for a bit will have a chance to have more value.

Lots of things are broken or not balanced (not that this game should be balanced around 1v1) making some class/promo choices less ideal. I'm not putting much time/effort into anything until at least 6.0 when hopefully they push out some much needed updates.

Also, you can go on the Test server if you have access and level up different characters relatively quickly as they have vendors with unlimited free gold to sacrifice. Only takes a couple mins. You can test how different races and stats compare on a basic vessel. As there is going to be a wipe soon and things are changing, I wouldn't worry too much. 

Edited by APE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dispite being a little RNG i actually wouldnt mind seeing dodge rare (Classic 100% mitigation dodge) for leather wearers) Already a little RNG with dmg difference between min/max dmg from attacks so i dont see why dodge would be such a bad move here.


Veeshan Midst of UXA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...