Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

The Trial of Illara - Official Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, Kraahk said:

So, i say that that communication about wipes need some significant improvements. And you try to tell me it doesnt, because last week they said "we wanted to wipe today, but couldn't quite make it"?

I could also imagine that not everybody watches every one hour stream.

And what about those who depend on translated news? I mean, not that they would matter of course. As much as it surely doesn't matter that those people will find out about the wipe only after the wipe.

Not happy. Not good. And it's not new. But it is getting worse. That is a problem ... or pretty sure will become one, if it doesn't change. And sorry, but there are no excuses. This issue needs to be addresse. ASAP.

And not this single specific issue today, but this generally growing communication issue.

Well since it's still a test and not a production game, with things changing so fast that an announced 3 week campaign was switched at the 11th hour to a one week because of this issue, (you can still see three week language in the post), I would say that ACE has been doing pretty good job since I suspect even they don't know sometimes what will be ready for prime time from week to week.

Could they be better, sure.  Do I want them to divert focus from development so they can act more like they are in live production, nope.

Still in test, is still in test, and information out of one official channel is still technically "informed" in my estimation.

4 minutes ago, Kraahk said:
21 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Depends on what you call inform.  Timestamp 11:37 starts conversation about "why" for the short campaign, (1 week)  including a "wipe coming", for 5.8.6 "literally in the next week" AND that it would be at the start of the next campaign.

So, i say that that communication about wipes need some significant improvements. And you try to tell me it doesnt, because last week they said "we wanted to wipe today, but couldn't quite make it"?

I could also imagine that not everybody watches every one hour stream.

And what about those who depend on translated news? I mean, not that they would matter of course. As much as it surely doesn't matter that those people will find out about the wipe only after the wipe.

Not happy. Not good. And it's not new. But it is getting worse. That is a problem ... or pretty sure will become one, if it doesn't change. And sorry, but there are no excuses. This issue needs to be addresse. ASAP.

And not this single specific issue today, but this generally growing communication issue.

This. And exactly THIS. 
I still try to find a good reason why we only get informed on the day the actual campaigns ends on the forums/website. You just can't expect everyone to watch a 1 hour livestream instead of making a Post here or on the website where one of the probably most wanted News is posted down for everyone to read quickly.

The communication got way worse than it used to be and people are complaining about it since a while already. It's not like only a few people recognized it. And yes, if you want feedback, this is feedback too. 

Signatur.PNG

12 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Well since it's still a test and not a production game, with things changing so fast that an announced 3 week campaign was switched at the 11th hour to a one week because of this issue, (you can still see three week language in the post), I would say that ACE has been doing pretty good job since I suspect even they don't know sometimes what will be ready for prime time from week to week.

Could they be better, sure.  Do I want them to divert focus from development so they can act more like they are in live production, nope.

Still in test, is still in test, and information out of one official channel is still technically "informed" in my estimation.

I don't agree to the conclusion. But I also don't think it would make sense to continue this discussion here. I said what i had to say here and now. There was nothing in what you said that would have convinced me that what i see is wrong. So we'll see. Thanks for sharing your opinion with me, though.

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

OK since I already stirred up a pot of poop mentioning this communication issue... I agree with you Kracken, I don't want the to "divert focus from production", but I just think  people are trying to say once the decision was made ie sometime around that twitch stream.... it would have been better if they could have just made a forum post about it.

Didn't have to be an official news announcement in my eyes just a pinned post somewhere in the forums perhaps under the testing section I dont know. this would not be that hard to do, I could go telll my 10 year old to go post my point on a forum and well he could pull it off, in my eyes I dont see how that can be diverting production resources

I also gotta say that they have done a super duper better job in the past week with the issue which is a great sign.. they got the post out today about what is happening, and then when they made a typo with the start date they got it fixed props to them 😎

Edited by seastodd
I swore lol nice auto edit btw

1 hour ago, ACE_Jackal said:

I don't know what y'all mean, I've never messed up a date in my life.

The patch and wipe happen Wednesday, April 10 and the new Trial starts Thursday, April 11.

Could we please have an approximate time for when the wipe will occur tomorrow?

Posted (edited)

How hard is it to ... despite twitch, twitter, WTF ever social platform, to simply put out a post on the Official Forums (which should be the starting point instead of the diaspora of SM platforms)? How long does it take to compose a informational post to push out to the masses?

I don't see the argument here.. I do find it frustrating. As a communication meduim, the official site should be the primary, front line announcement platform. Some may differ, but.. and does it matter at this stage..umm.  well, obviously not, as illustrated by ACE's communication to the communty. I'll say this, many wish that ACE would use the "Official Site" to distribute information as a first line. Call me old and outdated....

Edited by Armegeddon

Haha /who gets taken out to prevent spying and now its "Hey can you tell us how much gear we're allowed and when the sieges are gonna be so we can plan our attacks" ! lol

1 hour ago, Cantruss said:

Haha /who gets taken out to prevent spying and now its "Hey can you tell us how much gear we're allowed and when the sieges are gonna be so we can plan our attacks" ! lol

How does this comment connect to anything in this thread?  Or anything else, for that matter?

IhhQKY6.gif

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Armegeddon said:

Edited by mandalore
Deleted, not worth the warning.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

10 hours ago, mandalore said:

So it activates pathfinding 10% faster AND it makes pathfinding 10% faster (the ooc movement speed) or just activates?

Just revisiting this, but pathfinding is just the time it takes to move at Trailblazer/Trailmaster speed.

231e101d88.jpg

6 hours ago, DocHollidaze said:

Well, it is certainly safer than talking sht in-game.

Its actually not, one step over a very fine line that changes daily depending on somone mood and what guild it intended for will get you banned :P

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Groovin said:

Just revisiting this, but pathfinding is just the time it takes to move at Trailblazer/Trailmaster speed.

Yes. When you swap from a combat tray to your utility tray there is a delay before these take effect. This badge should reduce that delay.

The thing is Trailblazer gives at 15% out of combat boost and trailmaster 25%. Bard's speed song is 30% out of combat and 10% in-combat. These bonuses do not stack. And mounts are faster than both Bard speed song and Trailblazer/Trailmaster and do not stack with either. So the moral of the story is having a bard in your group makes hamsters and dwarves move as fast as centaurs and once you all mount up none of it matters at all.

However:
A. There are pathfinding bonuses found in the tracking tree with tracking not yet being implemented.
B. With trailblazer and trailmaster being so currently underpowered and this being a pre-alpha, changes are likely.

So while a lot of people are saying "This bonus is useless!" and I agree with them as of right now, I think it may be worth it at some point in the future.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

I think everyone needs to think about the game differently, now that disciplines are not freebies. Trailblazer and trailmaster just became usefull, the faster you can get speed the better.