• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ACE_JackalBark

New Tech Brings Armor Changes - Official Discussion Thread

Posted (edited)

first

Hmmm, I don't like the new armor values with armor pen being so innately high.  Armor feels almost pointless. 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I hope there is info in the tool tip of these new items to indicate their use in crafting. The complexity of this system warrants being obvious. 

From a crafting perspective, all the custom layer types have been removed, and the mitigation they used to provide is now baked into the armor.

Am I getting this wrong maybe? Is all crafting customization gone except this new secret ingredients?

i dont like the new durability at all, ive tried with and without a tool, adding points to durability and without and best ive come up with is 610 durability thats 1000 under what it is atm on live. If you add all points on durability maybe id get over 1000 but then that would in turn have utter crap stats which makes the armour useless.

Posted (edited)

AND WHERE TO GET THEM

These items come from our new War Tribe content and decay each time they are used to produce the item they create. Ideally, this adds even more of a synergy between those who just want to fight and those who just want to craft.

——

As much as the changes are needed, this exact wording and sentence tells me you’re missing the point.  This wont bring a better synergy, because those that want to just fight aren’t looking for PvE.  The whole idea of -more- PvE for them - is what will drive them away rather than pull them in.

Its great to see you’re listening to the much needed armor changes, it’s just a damn shame that you’re introducing them through something which the community has been saying for a long time : Don’t make it a grind.

When u on top of this, also make the armor with a LOT less durability, ultimately you’re also introducing an even higher level of grind... ..  Get your armor, kill more mobs to get the next armor, cause while you were getting the things needed to be ready for PvP u will have lost a lot of durabilit, it should be a circle  - just -not- a never ending circle of mobs and ressource grinding.. 

Edited by Soulreaver

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

33 minutes ago, Soulreaver said:

When u on top of this, also make the armor with a LOT less durability, ultimately you’re also introducing an even higher level of grind... ..  Get your armor, kill more mobs to get the next armor, cause while you were getting the things needed to be ready for PvP u will have lost a lot of durabilit, it should be a circle  - just -not- a never ending circle of mobs and ressource grinding.. 

^

Nerfing durability while simultaneously increasing the need to stay in combat tray and grind mobs is a bad idea. If anything the increased wear on armor warrants an increase, not a decrease in armor durability.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

15 hours ago, Hyriol said:

With these armor changes, are there plans to remove the class/promotion restriction on armor type?

Well, we had it limited originally, then they opened it up to all classes just use minor disc to get the armor slotting, then they took it away again and gated behind promotion classes and such. I'm skeptical they will reverse course on armor once again. :D

1 hour ago, Soulreaver said:

Amen. This is going to be painful.

Just now, Armegeddon said:

Amen. This is going to be painful.

Drop rates can be modified. Drop locations can be focused to a more narrow set of items. If the Aracoix raid boss drops 10 of the most powerful minor discs every time he is killed, is that a grind, or is it an opportunity for PvP? Was the Commander Rune drop a grind in SB or did it add a point of conflict to the game? Spread the discs out on different mobs, have some drop from solo mobs and some from group mobs and let the economy disperse them as needed.

I agree that's it too much of a grind right now, but they don't need to scrap the entire system, just fine tune it. 

2 minutes ago, Arkade said:

I agree that's it too much of a grind right now, but they don't need to scrap the entire system, just fine tune it. 

Fine tuning implies small changes here and there but basically every drop rate, base durability on all of the armor, armor pen being extremely high (some weapons have upwards of 30% plus all the training) and whatever else needs tuning.  DOesn't seem like fine tuning to me but a drastic redo of all those numbers. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

4 minutes ago, Arkade said:

Drop rates can be modified. Drop locations can be focused to a more narrow set of items. If the Aracoix raid boss drops 10 of the most powerful minor discs every time he is killed, is that a grind, or is it an opportunity for PvP? Was the Commander Rune drop a grind in SB or did it add a point of conflict to the game? Spread the discs out on different mobs, have some drop from solo mobs and some from group mobs and let the economy disperse them as needed.

I dont care if jtodd was the creator of SB. This game is NOTHING like SB, and people need to stop comparing it. The ONLY thing maybe thats similar is that there's disciplines.

17 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Fine tuning implies small changes here and there but basically every drop rate, base durability on all of the armor, armor pen being extremely high (some weapons have upwards of 30% plus all the training) and whatever else needs tuning.  DOesn't seem like fine tuning to me but a drastic redo of all those numbers. 

Regardless of the amount of tuning required, it's something that can be fixed by changing the numbers rather than changing the delivery mechanism. That was my point. The fact that they drop from mobs isn't the problem, just how often they drop and the odds of getting any specific thing that you are looking for. And as they tune these things, it will increase PvP, which is a good thing. People are characterizing this as grind so that you can pvp, but in reality, this is the pvp if done properly.

16 minutes ago, mandalore said:

It seems to me like the drop rates are set up for a game where the pipeline has been filled for the try-hards, and there is a functional persistent economy to sell surplus items to everyone else.

Neither is true. Fresh off a wipe, we're looking at another two months before we're really in a position to be producing surplus items of any quality, and the AFK timer is going to kill EK malls, or force clear violation of the ToS to keep them active.