• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TaeSilverfox

Whats the highest DPS class & build?

2 hours ago, Groovin said:

Frostweaver.
But you have to unlock it first, and I'm not sure you're ready to handle that secret.

Archery with an ice quiver, there i told everyone the secret of the frostweaver

Veeshan Midst of UXA

Posted (edited)

I play an archer with an ice quiver and I can confirm, that it is close to the lowest dps in game, but I enjoy it.

Edited by Bazgul
Missed word

DPS is a pretty useless calculation in CF.

You're going to miss a significant portion of your attacks due to aiming, opponent maneuvering, and CC, so attempting to calculate raw damage potential as if you can consistently hit your target is a poor way to gauge damage output.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

8 hours ago, TaeSilverfox said:

Answer me. 

The Alpha Warrior Champion has a very power close range aoe Q that does a lot of burst damage.  The Archdruid orbs take a while to set up but the bombs can kill a whole group if they are foolish enough to let you pull it off.  Confessors have a solid range build assuming not everybody has access to a hard counter disc. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I think when you're talking basic attacks before calculating in skills confessor does the most damage. At least it plowed through the initial mobs in the starter zone notably faster than every other class I have tried. After skills/gear/etc. I don't think anyone has crunched the numbers that carefully.

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

6 minutes ago, Andius said:

I think when you're talking basic attacks before calculating in skills confessor does the most damage. At least it plowed through the initial mobs in the starter zone notably faster than every other class I have tried. After skills/gear/etc. I don't think anyone has crunched the numbers that carefully.

actually id take scim druid over fessor for LMB

10 minutes ago, yianni said:

actually id take scim druid over fessor for LMB

^

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

4 hours ago, mandalore said:

The Alpha Warrior Champion has a very power close range aoe Q that does a lot of burst damage.  The Archdruid orbs take a while to set up but the bombs can kill a whole group if they are foolish enough to let you pull it off.  Confessors have a solid range build assuming not everybody has access to a hard counter disc. 

Amazing response exactly what I was looking for. I'll be trying out these three builds in the next trial. 

15 hours ago, Staff said:

idk fam, try a titan myrm on frenzy with 2 BAD necklaces, big oof to whatever unfortunate soul is in the line of fire

As long as those aren’t HoA souls, amirite?

Posted (edited)

@TaeSilverfox if you just go for high damage output, then there's several classes/promotions that can do that.

Question is how viable they are in larger scale combat.

But to name a few:

Inquisitor Confessor - High damage with their basic attacks and if you hit your 4x tornadoes.

Brigand Ranger - If you are able to get all 3 of your traps off on a target/targets, and their dots don't get dispelled, then you have a high dmg output.

Alpha Warrior Champion - As others mentioned your ultimate (Neckbreaker) benefits from the promotion classes talent, so it has a very high chance of critting on enemies. With a good weapon and armor penetration you can make some high damage hits.

Titan Myrmidon - If you just feel like holding left mouse button, while in melee range, then this build does it best. Generally, the more times you hit, the more damage you will do.

Cutthroat Assassin - Even though it has been nerfed a bit the last few months, you'll still be able to open up hard from stealth on unsupecting enemies. With the crits from ambush and backstab you can make quick work of backline enemies.

Stormcaller Druid - If you feel like just holding left mouse button while at range, then this is your build.

High sustained damage, but you run out of steam pretty fast - so this works better with a healer in your group.

Edited by Yumx

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

Of all the classes I've played, the two which I've spent the most time on--and I think have had more than a layman's understanding--are the Myrmidon and Champion classes; within them the Titan (Myrmidon promotion class) and Alpha Warrior (Champion promotion class). 

A lot of classes are built around a specific area of fight: Templar for instance, is disgustingly good at static fights (inside the Tree of Life room, smaller static areas, etc) while it loses a lot in more open field mobile combat. Alpha Warrior has just some insane burst damage potential with the Neckbreaker ultimate: Bunbun's hit me for almost 5k once--though it lacks any baked in "you will stay here and fight" abilities (Half-Giant has a stun racial ability), so it shines when people are choosing to fight, and is a little sad if people decide to dip. Though as it's often been said, the truly important fights (those in attacking/defending the keep), are often static. So a lot of it comes down to where you plan to fight, with whom you to plan to fight, and how many of said whom there are. 

Personally I'm really enjoying my Titan, as it's rather mobile, has some really solid damage potential when geared up, and is a bit simple when it comes to your "rotation". 

Some of those sneaky classes have some pretty nice damage potential, and I've been on the receiving end of a Confessor's fire more than once that hurt. A lot of it is going to come down to where you're choosing to fight, and what class fits you--and what your group composition might be. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Yumx said:

Brigand Ranger - If you are able to get all 3 of your traps off on a target/targets, and their dots don't get dispelled, then you have a high dmg output.

Well not every healer has Purgative from Field Surgeon so damage should be more reliable. 

Edited by mandalore

wiDfyPp.png

10 minutes ago, Staff said:

i wouldnt know considering i didnt run illusionist, sparring, or even have frenzy then

Why?

wiDfyPp.png