Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stumpstuff

5.8.6 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 04/10/19

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ussiah said:

Assuming the guards are meant to serve as protection @thomasblair @vkromas, the fact you can as a ranger Line of Sight kill them makes them pretty useless, and now costly that you have to pay for people abusing this constantly.

Credits go to:

@The_Scarlett_Blade for their neverending "testing" of this fact. I appreciate your efforts to bring this discussion to the forefront.

My hat is off to @The_Scarlett_Blade for tenacity and leading a merry chase during The Trial of Kane. Blinking through walls, camouflage, and LoSing guards was a great  combo for asymmetric warfare. One lone player repeatedly tying up 5 or more opponents on a wild goose chase was just the cherry on top. I wouldn't call it good times (at least not for us😉), but it was good gaming.

Prior to the gold nerf, I called this creative use of mechanics. It was irritating, but guards were not expensive. It took less time to farm the gold to replace them than it took for her to kill them alone.

In concert with the gold nerf, this is broken.

With the new gold scarcity, time required to farm gold for these guards is too high.

If time to farm gold for a guard is to remain unchanged, then you should not be able to look over a crest and shoot a static target while remaining immune to counter fire. Guards need to be making head shots when that's all they have.

Edited by VaMei

Posted (edited)

This is 2019 and we still have static guards? Maybe that is the problem and not the whole LOS issue? DAOC has guards that actually patrol and that game is almost 20 years old.  Seriously there is a lot bigger problems than killing guards using bug/exploits or trash in game mechanics.

Edited by pappy

"If your not failing sometimes, you aren't growing.  Without growth, there can never be greatness."

On 4/10/2019 at 11:12 PM, thomasblair said:

@Soulreaver The Higher the rank of the NPC the higher the quantity and quality of loot, this has been a promise since day one.

You are playing in God's Reach, and the NPC's are much lower rank in God's Reach than the Campaign worlds because we want to encourage Campaign worlds.

They were rank 7.  So ‘much’ lower is a rather curious comment as a reason.

I can add - Farmed 3 Hours 7 of us and killed 1 x rank 10 Ancient.  As well as 2 rank 5.  Found 4 Disc.  All dropped from the Ancient rank 10

So is that a droprate worth keeping. Should disciplines even -be- a random drop?! 

The disc farm is much like the hunger shard farming : They drop in theory.

Well in our -experience- the drop rate is just ridicilous.  The hunger shards deop rate is ridicilous.  Even making it random is ridicilous.

When are you going to start taking us serious?  Acknowledge that there is an issue and set a date for when we will see a change and what change we will see? 

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

4 minutes ago, Soulreaver said:

When are you going to start taking us serious?  Acknowledge that there is an issue and set a date for when we will see a change and what change we will see? 

My challenge @thomasblair is for you or one of your team to seriously get in and play your game/test.  Level a white vessel to 30 with the current system and farm 3 minors and 2 major Disciplines.  (Make sure to pick the DISC's you want before farming as well). 

It's going to take 2-3 weeks (played time)  if not more to get even half the build you want.  Is this seriously your vision?

Please, play your test and see how bad the system is in it's current state.

"If your not failing sometimes, you aren't growing.  Without growth, there can never be greatness."

58 minutes ago, pappy said:

My challenge @thomasblair is for you or one of your team to seriously get in and play your game/test.  Level a white vessel to 30 with the current system and farm 3 minors and 2 major Disciplines.  (Make sure to pick the DISC's you want before farming as well). 

It's going to take 2-3 weeks (played time)  if not more to get even half the build you want.  Is this seriously your vision?

Please, play your test and see how bad the system is in it's current state.

I have been in for a few hours each night since the wipe. It is going to take me a few weeks.(I'm in no rush) I don't know what "build" or even if I want to keep playing this character, based on what drops for me I'll figure it out along the way. (The only thing that is really unfortunate is working with all the new stuff in 5.90 and going backwards to live at night.)

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, VaMei said:

We cried that Demon's Pact was required, and Human was OP.

Problem solved.

"Solved"  The disparity of power between what is a good rune and what is a bad rune (major or minor) is massive. 

Edited by mandalore

This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png

22 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

I have been in for a few hours each night since the wipe. It is going to take me a few weeks.(I'm in no rush) I don't know what "build" or even if I want to keep playing this character, based on what drops for me I'll figure it out along the way. (The only thing that is really unfortunate is working with all the new stuff in 5.90 and going backwards to live at night.)

Why are you in no rush? Are you competing with the other guilds out there? Are you trying to PvP and actually approach winning something?

Or is a slow crawl for weeks of a campaign with no comeptitive realities somehow now the “expected player behavior”? 

31 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

The only thing that is really unfortunate is working with all the new stuff in 5.90 and going backwards to live at night.)

Guess we should take a break till 5.9 is out. 

29 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

Thanks for the reply, but I sincerely don't think you could complete a build in even months with just a few hours of play a day.  Completing a build means you are viable to contribute to the campaign. This is already not a very solo friendly game, but with the current build 5.8.6, you are asking Teams of players to group up for hours, farming 10 minute fights against Ancient Mob that have "potential" to drop a Disc that is needed.  I know what the gist of your vision is, but its implementation currently is lacking.

For the love of gaming, please crank the nobs way way UP and slowly adjust down to the appropriate levels instead of torturing your testers with this 1 Disc per 5 players farming every 3-4hrs.  That's the definition of unfun, unrewarding and unsustainable.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pappy said:

Completing a build means you are viable to contribute to the campaign.

I am not saying that the way things work now are good or that things do not need to be adjusted. But I would argue that the quoted statement is relative. Right now you do not need any major or minor disc drops to take outposts, take forts or keeps. You do not need them to harvest or craft. Right now everyone is in the same place, things are equal.

Where I do see it becoming an issue, and its the same issue its always been, is that advantages in this game are not linear, they are multiplicitive and they snowball out of control. The first wave or hardcores that get leveled up, make advanced vessels, gear/armor etc will eventually and quickly outpace the competition and this advantage will make it harder to catch up, but that has always been an issue with this game.

It's actually one of the core visions for the game, resetting the Uncle BoB issue with resets. Slowing everyone down at the start isn't the fix for this issue. The hardcores are always going to be better off. What we need is a way to shrink the difference in effectiveness between the hardcores and non-hardcores. That is going to be hard to do in a game where there are thousands of small % multipliers on every facet of the game that stack.

Edited by Yoink

6 minutes ago, Yoink said:

I am not saying that the way things work now are good or that things do not need to be adjusted. But I would argue that the quoted statement is relative. Right now you do not need any major or minor disc drops to take outposts, take forts or keeps. You do not need them to harvest or craft. Right now everyone is in the same place, things are equal.

You're right, it is relative and based on individual opinion. I would go all in on that opinion as well that my statement is 100% accurate. Not one person is going to feel they can 1v1 or contribute without getting carried to some degree without a full build. "Right now you do not need any major or minor disc drops to take outposts, take forts or keeps. You do not need them to harvest or craft." If they are not needed, then why even bother putting them in? They ARE needed, they do offer SIGNIFICANT advantages (more so to different classes) and without them, certain classes are unviable.
Some/many classes are really weak without the disc's. The only way to take outposts, forts, & keeps is to bring #'s. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, pappy said:

You're right, it is relative and based on individual opinion. I would go all in on that opinion as well that my statement is 100% accurate. Not one person is going to feel they can 1v1 or contribute without getting carried to some degree without a full build. "Right now you do not need any major or minor disc drops to take outposts, take forts or keeps. You do not need them to harvest or craft." If they are not needed, then why even bother putting them in? They ARE needed, they do offer SIGNIFICANT advantages (more so to different classes) and without them, certain classes are unviable.
Some/many classes are really weak without the disc's. The only way to take outposts, forts, & keeps is to bring #'s. 

I can agree with most of that. Not having access to full builds does make some specs/classes worse or non viable. And people on those builds are mostly useless in combat without them. The option to play something else is there until the full build for what you want becomes available. Should it be this way? I don't know, probably not. I think watered down versions of all the disc should be available and make better versions the drops.

What I was trying to get at is that these changes will only make the gap wider between those ahead and those behind.

Edited by Yoink