Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stumpstuff

5.8.6 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 04/10/19

6 hours ago, mandalore said:

I have some severe reservations about randomly spawning thralls at night in random locations that despawn when daylight happen.  It makes more sense to me for the farie ghost that will drop a component used for naiad, pixie and dryad to haunt the glade it was killed in than to randomly wander.  O that human ghost that was a solider and drops the component for blade-master, standard bearer siege engineer, he died in a battle at this  location.  That shaman who drops the rune component for rune caster, Elementalist and banshee o she died here.  The whole random location doesn’t sit well with me.  Ghosts (thralls) shouldn’t be random.  We have enough rng in the game already and putting them in set locations was probably the best moment to moment driver of Shadowbane, CF should follow that imo. 

For clarification disc drops (the good discs at least) was always going to be a fight.  People brought their friends and allies to get early commander, bounty hunter/huntsman or gladiator.  It was a reliable source of combat.  It was always a fight for the valuable ones, even on dead servers and low pop emulated Shadowbane.  We need more of that in CF. 

Make us find their locations but let that be where they spawn.  

There were also warning messages that went out before they spawned (later in sb, I think) and it really helped get people out to contest them.  I have reservations about that because it feels easy but it did increase the PvP. 

That announcment was there for Godly stat runes too.  Not something we have in CF but something to maybe consider for minors dropping off war camps.  

@jtoddcoleman

I wasn't fond of the fixed drop sites, particularly in GvG...       the guild who builds closest to the fixed site gets control.   Fixed drops sites are PvP points for sure but usually a dozen lurking stealthers...   then there is the thief who pickpockets the disc as you are fighting the mob...   that was lame.    i'd prefer rng locations and a scout skill that can track and lead you to them.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

9 minutes ago, Frykka said:

i'd prefer rng locations and a scout skill that can track and lead you to them.

Sounds like good old Everquest 1 tracking for druids and rangers.

48 minutes ago, Frykka said:

the guild who builds closest to the fixed site gets control.

I liked that. It made the location where you build your base matter. And if you built close to a good rune spawn, people would bane you to take the location. This was good stuff.

I am sad to see how many people are arguing against having pvp hotspots because people might actually control them.

IhhQKY6.gif

Can we please fix outside group looting, trying to level characters and farm for gold in Gods Reach, but players from order and chaos comes along to try to steal XP and gold from the mobs we are killing. I can name the last player who was doing it that was from order, but I don't want to be calling out names on the forums.....

The griefing is horrible in Gods reach...

1 hour ago, Frykka said:

I wasn't fond of the fixed drop sites, particularly in GvG...       the guild who builds closest to the fixed site gets control.   Fixed drops sites are PvP points for sure but usually a dozen lurking stealthers...   then there is the thief who pickpockets the disc as you are fighting the mob...   that was lame.    i'd prefer rng locations and a scout skill that can track and lead you to them.

There should be value in holding assets built next to key resources.  If you don’t want them to have something good, take their assets.  I think they disciplines and access to them is a resource worth fighting over.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

25 minutes ago, mandalore said:

There should be value in holding assets built next to key resources.  If you don’t want them to have something good, take their assets.  I think they disciplines and access to them is a resource worth fighting over.  

I will roll with the direction they go because if you build near a certain drop, the others are near mine...   as long as the valuable discs aren't concentrated in one area.   I imagine GvG campaigns being much longer than faction since we will have to build not just from hippos but hopefully with stonemasonry wall components after one campaign a guild could have several more worth of discs or component thralls exported.    

Resources and having the best castle location will be a key to conflict...   just one more advantage we will have is to know essentially how and where to set up shop and whether we can hold it.

I simply don't like the R10 Iron always being at this spot, etc...   it gives no scouting function after the initial rush.   Resources or at least the Rank of resources should bounce around, fighting in the exact same spot over the exact same thing for months simply isn't as engaging imo.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

retaliate. alot of time for most of the classes it does no damage.

after you use retaliate as templar, some of your skills (divine light) do nothing but goes on cooldown

after you use retaliate as myrmidon, berserker and LMB does nothing.

if you use retaliate under berserker right before crash, then pulverize do not mitigate berserker crash but animation retaliate are shows what it is ok.

all those bugs are from farming war tribes.

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

Posted (edited)

@thomasblair

Philosopher Stone

Please change philosopher stone to have 0 weight(not effect) outcome of final combine for vessels concerning color/quality  

Currently I cannot use the majority of mineral that aren't halite/cinnabar if they are low quality. They just take up space because I am too afraid to use low quality ones in my bodies because it can easily bring the whole quality down.

Performing this change will allow ALL minerals to be used no matter their color.   

Equality for minerals now!

Edited by Ussiah

The specialty seals for Skinning show Gravedigging as the name of the item but have Animal harvest bonsues. 

Posted (edited)

p.s. all three druid paths still feel diluted and clunky progression/playstyle in their own ways. especially if you compare them to cleric or templar. [and the 'original druid']

[cough replace the first faerie fire unlock with barkskin. FF is a literaly "noob trap" for an already terrible essence management start. maybe buff barkskin to give it a +hp regen buff as well to help with sacrifice essence whack a mole...]

my previous suggestion for Stormcaller, to give it a unique feeling [rather than 'giant cd buffs and unstainable auto attack' and a terrible aurora emitter] still stands with existing tech:

make natures grace a group heal from *ALL* attacks - like templar devotion [or old legios 'discipline/command' buff procs]

Add something to do with the shield slot unlock. previous idea is essentially a RMB 'lightning redirect' that acts like ranged Templar parry and counterattack

make a new lmb option for stormcaller for a big heavy 'electric BOW' like charged and shoot lightning blasts.

the two versions of the 5 minute recast avatars feelbad [i'd rather have the choice between 5min recast and on demand channel versions], as does the loss of chain avatar. and multple ~60+ second cooldown buffs.

raycast gaea's wail this decade maybe?

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

On 4/12/2019 at 9:40 PM, Fayde said:

Hi,

With the requirement of finding a scroll for the epic mount plus using the minor discipline "scroll case" (3k gold at the minor disc vendor) to use the respective scroll to craft an epic mount, I think it's pretty weird that epic mounts are still tagged as a non-tradeable item.
This has the consequence that everyone in a guild needs at least one character per account that uses the scroll case discipline (again: 3k gold) permanently just to be able to convert epic mount scrolls into epic mounts. In a scenario where the spiritbank is not functional (for example in a no import campaign) this means that every single time u need to (re)craft an epic mount, u would need to delete one of your minor disciplines, spend 3k gold for the scrollcase discipline, craft ur epic mount and then eventually replace that scrollcase minor again with a combat minor discipline.

I think the effort needed to find the epic mount scroll combined with the effort to set up a character that is able to convert that scroll into a mount justifies the item to be at least tradeable. Or is it intentional design that every character needs to use a minor discipline slot to basically be able to use an epic mount?

Please tell me if i am missunderstanding this mechanic and there is a more efficient way of supplying a guild/multiple accounts with epic mounts.

Alternatively, you can put them on a vendor to trade them. It's not hard for a guild to set this up to equip others with mounts.

Minors drop way too rarely.  Getting the ones u need/want is near impossible.  The bank space needed to store everything is dreadful.

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

10 hours ago, nenju said:

sNEsT8K.jpg

Executioner only works on Executioner powers, not on low health targets in general. To my knowledge, there are only 2 Executioner powers in-game: Templar's Execute (second power in the Judgement combo) and Slashing Arrows.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

On 4/13/2019 at 6:22 PM, makkon said:

retaliate. alot of time for most of the classes it does no damage.

after you use retaliate as templar, some of your skills (divine light) do nothing but goes on cooldown

after you use retaliate as myrmidon, berserker and LMB does nothing.

if you use retaliate under berserker right before crash, then pulverize do not mitigate berserker crash but animation retaliate are shows what it is ok.

all those bugs are from farming war tribes.

this has been broken since test and they have failed to fix it, ive reported it multiple times, when you retaliate wait a second before using any skills

19 hours ago, Tinnis said:

p.s. all three druid paths still feel diluted and clunky progression/playstyle in their own ways. especially if you compare them to cleric or templar. [and the 'original druid']

[cough replace the first faerie fire unlock with barkskin. FF is a literaly "noob trap" for an already terrible essence management start. maybe buff barkskin to give it a +hp regen buff as well to help with sacrifice essence whack a mole...]

my previous suggestion for Stormcaller, to give it a unique feeling [rather than 'giant cd buffs and unstainable auto attack' and a terrible aurora emitter] still stands with existing tech:

the two versions of the 5 minute recast avatars feelbad, as does the loss of chain avatar. and multple ~60+ second cooldown buffs.

raycast gaea's wail this decade maybe?

i hate that we get locked into taking gaias when its worthless yet so powerful when it works, ive never slotted this skill its a waste of time to try and hit people

Just spent 10 minutes running in and around Nysa in Gods Reach and there was nothing to kill and only slag, knotwood and cobblestone. 

8 hours ago, coolster50 said:

Executioner only works on Executioner powers, not on low health targets in general. To my knowledge, there are only 2 Executioner powers in-game: Templar's Execute (second power in the Judgement combo) and Slashing Arrows.

but where do i see the specific stat in details under combat i cant find it....

and there has to or should be a stat where we can see if its actually working, like retribution and thorns got a unique tooltip to look it up same should go for execute bonus dmg

because at this point i trust nothing a tooltip says unless i can test/see it. with execute tho i cant rly test it because i dont even know the % or flat number increase and the damage scale is pretty high so i cant know for sure

7vqpSHG.png