• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stumpstuff

5.8.6 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 04/10/19

On 4/12/2019 at 6:39 AM, Ussiah said:

@srathor

Do you think it’s a bug or not?

These guards are turrents. They have mentioned that they aren't happy with the way they perform and that they would move. There are a number of ways they can handle this though, one simple might be that each arrow is AoE damage. There are a lot of options they can use to make them more or less effective.

That said, all armor has weak spots and the guard coverage will not be absolute. Even if the arrows were hitting Scarlet, all she would have to do is pop up immediately after the guard shoots/reloads, fire and pop down behind the building using the LOS as protection. That exists in every game and is a strategy. Maybe once there are roaming guards through an area it might improve but even then, the AI will need to path effectively and it currently does not.

Do I think it is a bug? No, I don't think it is a bug. I think it is part of the weakness of the current AI that will evolve and improve through iteration (latest dev catchphrase). It most likely will significantly change with the new character controller. It definitely doesn't provide a desirable gaming outcome but it might not be worth fixing right now. In the end, I think it is good enough.

I think the guards should come with an amount of respawns, some fixed number maybe based on rank especially when we have to rank them up.

My ranger is recovering energy at an incredibly slow rate.  It takes 10 mins to fill the energy bar from empty (so essentially, I can't melee).  It has been this way for several levels, through repeated log-offs, so it doesn't appear to be a temporary hitch.   I have a video if needed.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, yianni said:

i hate that we get locked into taking gaias when its worthless yet so powerful when it works, ive never slotted this skill its a waste of time to try and hit people

even call storm and aurora emitter tend to do 'less dps' compared to spark spam due to their animation wind ups...

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Leadership Stats shown is not stats gained.  Gaining 15 Life Leech means what?  4.5% LL?!?  What kind of math is that?

Thorns on leadership - well Thorns in general - why is it even a stat?  Its ridicilously low.

Why is the Spirit Bank accessable outside the beachhead?!?

Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

I went in the quarry and died, when I went to recover my body, it gave me an option to ressurect above the quarry, but when I held F, it went away and I had to go down and rez.

45bWoDa.png

Euq9mh8.png

1 hour ago, Tinnis said:

even call storm and aurora emitter tend to do 'less dps' compared to spark spam due to their animation wind ups...

yeah 5.8..5 definitely changed those in a bad way, druid has been really dull, but i still enjoy blowing people up, when they work

On 4/13/2019 at 4:26 PM, Frykka said:

I wasn't fond of the fixed drop sites, particularly in GvG...       the guild who builds closest to the fixed site gets control.   Fixed drops sites are PvP points for sure but usually a dozen lurking stealthers...   then there is the thief who pickpockets the disc as you are fighting the mob...   that was lame.    i'd prefer rng locations and a scout skill that can track and lead you to them. 

I don't hate the tracking idea but all the things you've listed as negatives were seen as positives by a lot of people.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

4 hours ago, nenju said:

but where do i see the specific stat in details under combat i cant find it....

and there has to or should be a stat where we can see if its actually working, like retribution and thorns got a unique tooltip to look it up same should go for execute bonus dmg

because at this point i trust nothing a tooltip says unless i can test/see it. with execute tho i cant rly test it because i dont even know the % or flat number increase and the damage scale is pretty high so i cant know for sure

And now you, my friend, have found out why no one takes Executioner. Nobody can determine if it works, or if the damage increase is so small that it falls within the normal damage range

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

My top 5

1)The fact that you cannot jump or execute any power while up against most terrain. In a game with collision this is the worst bug.

2) lifesteal is way too weak even with poison paradise and armory/ weapon grips with lifesteal bonus.

3) Discipline drops seem way too rare. And that makes it near impossible to be a template junkie( half the fun of this game)

4) leveling is still way too slow for blue/purple/orange vessels

5) Ancient mobs are just silly, tone them down.

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

Also—

cash drop is so low and leveling is in such demand after a wipe that capping outposts is simple because no one can afford guards .....

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

On 4/15/2019 at 10:53 AM, Spawl said:

That exists in every game and is a strategy.

Very few games actually allow you to use terrain or LoS in this manner. Most will 1) Allow the NPC to actually path to you, 2) Give special pathing to get TO the player, or 3) Deaggro, make them return to their tether point and rapidly regenerate missing health.

Prior to this poorly thought out change, guards would regenerate health.

When you try to skin an animal that you have not looted, your knife will do no damage.

It would be very nice, if the contents in the creatures inventory would pop out when you skinned it completely.