Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vesperre

melee DPS with more HPs than Tanks?

Hi me again. 

Jtodd/Blake's solution by stripping hp off armor solves one problem yet causes another.  Yes, you get people not having to run toward plate at all time possible but have they considered  Monster races with high constitution base stats. Not to mention those who choose myrms and champs also get another 32-40 constitution.  Now based on that you have a situation where just on base class/constitution alone Monster Champs/Myrms will higher base hit points than the actually Tank classes (Templar and Knights).

In the old system, the Tank classes were ok if they had decent gear with good hps and close the gap.  Now that's stripped away and a melee class and out dmg and out last a tank class.  Also Pitfighter's can wear Plate as well so it's not like they also have less mitigation. 

This makes absolutely sense to me why do u want dps class to more tankier than tank?.   This makes no sense.

Why not give templars/knights a 12-16 point inc per Constitution or just give Tank classes 50 extra constitution vs. 32.

Since I haven't logged (in the office) in yet this is all hypothetical, am I making any sense?

Just my 2 sense,

Vesperre

58 minutes ago, Jah said:

Crowfall doesn't really have designated "Tank classes."

Really? So Champs are DPS/TANK/Self Heal. Hmmmmm.....  I guess they don't any classes really.

Posted (edited)

Each of Knight/Templar/Champion/Myrm have a DPS spec, Tank/Heal Spec and a CC spec now through the talent system. They all play a bit differently. The big advantage Templars and Knights have as tanks over the Champion/Myrmidon is they have the ability to block/parry. 

Edited by blazzen

5 hours ago, Vesperre said:

Hi me again. 

Jtodd/Blake's solution by stripping hp off armor solves one problem yet causes another.  Yes, you get people not having to run toward plate at all time possible but have they considered  Monster races with high constitution base stats. Not to mention those who choose myrms and champs also get another 32-40 constitution.  Now based on that you have a situation where just on base class/constitution alone Monster Champs/Myrms will higher base hit points than the actually Tank classes (Templar and Knights).

In the old system, the Tank classes were ok if they had decent gear with good hps and close the gap.  Now that's stripped away and a melee class and out dmg and out last a tank class.  Also Pitfighter's can wear Plate as well so it's not like they also have less mitigation. 

This makes absolutely sense to me why do u want dps class to more tankier than tank?.   This makes no sense.

Why not give templars/knights a 12-16 point inc per Constitution or just give Tank classes 50 extra constitution vs. 32.

Since I haven't logged (in the office) in yet this is all hypothetical, am I making any sense?

Just my 2 sense,

Vesperre

the lvl up HP should differ from class to class imo, so instead of 50hp for everyone knight may get 75hp per level where rangers may get 40hp per level for example, could even have racial bonuses aswell some races may give more hp per level than others.

13 hours ago, veeshan said:

the lvl up HP should differ from class to class imo, so instead of 50hp for everyone knight may get 75hp per level where rangers may get 40hp per level for example, could even have racial bonuses aswell some races may give more hp per level than others.

That's a great idea.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, veeshan said:

This how HP worked in SB.  You class determined how much HP you got per level, then con (different races had different starting and max cons), there was minor HP on gear (worthless compared to other enchants), stat buffs from healers and a skill called toughness that could buff it. 

Edited by mandalore

This post was paid for by "Mandalore for Emulated CF Community Manager 2032™". 

wiDfyPp.png