Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I joined the wrong faction when i first started and found out my friends are a different one.  I deleted everything but still cannot swap my character to the other faction.  Is there a way to do this?

26 minutes ago, Zintair said:

I joined the wrong faction when i first started and found out my friends are a different one.  I deleted everything but still cannot swap my character to the other faction.  Is there a way to do this?

This is a terrible mechanic and I wish this would be quickly removed or at least changed so this situation doesn't need help from support, as miraluna said above.

Just now, mystafyi said:

This is a terrible mechanic and I wish this would be quickly removed or at least changed so this situation doesn't need help from support, as miraluna said above.

Do you think people should be able to switch factions mid-campaign as much as they like? Even to the point that everyone could just switch to the winning faction at the end?

IhhQKY6.gif

12 minutes ago, Jah said:

Do you think people should be able to switch factions mid-campaign as much as they like? Even to the point that everyone could just switch to the winning faction at the end?

My thought was maybe have a timer, or up to a certain level, or at LEAST in this case warn me this choice is permanent as I just started getting into game total noob and now got messed up cause of it.

I'm sure there are different mechanics to at least alleviate an issue like mine compared to a spy/xrealm w/e.

Thank you for the replies so far!

6 minutes ago, Zintair said:

My thought was maybe have a timer, or up to a certain level, or at LEAST in this case warn me this choice is permanent as I just started getting into game total noob and now got messed up cause of it.

I'm sure there are different mechanics to at least alleviate an issue like mine compared to a spy/xrealm w/e.

Thank you for the replies so far!

Yea, I agree it should warn you about the impact of faction choice when you are making it.

It's not permanent, by the way. You can choose a different faction for each new campaign. But three weeks is a long time to wait to switch factions to play with your friends. I definitely sympathize.

IhhQKY6.gif

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, ACE_Jackal said:

Just as a heads up: we don't currently have the tools to change factions for anyone. Sorry for the inconvenience this causes, I know it's frustrating to end up in a different faction from your friends. 

Can we get a warning message to joining factions?  Something that stresses how important it is and that currently the tech to change it isn’t in? 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

51 minutes ago, Jah said:

No, but I don't want new players to have the OP's issue. Currently there are not enough campaigns running for this mechanic not to have casualties. My ideal solution would be to open a dregs campaign. Perhaps accounts with no vessels lose faction flag?

4 hours ago, Jah said:

I do think this issue needs a solution. CWs are getting longer, a misclick or communication confusion and you are locked out of playing with friends for 3 weeks?  Or what if you apply to a guild after you start GR, and want to switch to join them in a 3 month CW?  Something like a one-time switch, lose score and items so it won't be abused.

In the Dregs, everyone will be able to bend the knee and join the winning side so not seeing how it would matter for factions if there are limitations.

tiPrpwh.png

Posted (edited)

I think it would be cool if there was a faction swap if you could only use it to switch to a faction that has less points than yours.

EDIT: However it would need to wipe your score when you switched or else it would create a meta of switching to factions you are over the win threshold in if you can't win in your own.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

Locking you into a faction is important, like it was said.  Keeps people fro stacking into the winning faction.  The ability or guild leaders to identify what faction they will be using and give a warning if you are about to choose a different faction.

at least caimpaigns are only a few weeks and you will get to rechoose after.

On 4/12/2019 at 7:59 PM, Jah said:

The only faction switching I would support would be the ability to switch to the Worse off faction.  If a faction is getting steamrolled hard opening up a switch to it wouldn't be terrible.

I would really like them to add a guild level faction pre-select.  If your guild leader joined X faction, welp then your in that faction as well.  No getting separated from your friends, AND no ability to cross join multiple factions within a guild.

Sure you can hang your alts out away from your guild and do that, but at least you have to do at least that.

That would be cool

On 4/22/2019 at 10:26 AM, Tyrannicall said:

The only faction switching I would support would be the ability to switch to the Worse off faction.  If a faction is getting steamrolled hard opening up a switch to it wouldn't be terrible.