Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
yianni

Is this what crowfall has become?

I am happy it takes time to build a character now. Before it was level in 1 hour, get handed gear/discs/weps and face-roll in 3 hours /played.

52 minutes ago, Bzra said:

I am happy it takes time to build a character now. Before it was level in 1 hour, get handed gear/discs/weps and face-roll in 3 hours /played.

I don't see a problem 

21 hours ago, Bzra said:

I only see this as an issue if there isn't anything meaningful to do once you manage to make a character/build within a short period of time. They seem to be filling the void and lack of content/features by making more initial and ongoing grind to be able to go face roll. Instead of 1 hour now it takes 5 hours (or whatever) but the end result of having little to do remains. But wait you can go farm more now in the meantime!

Posted (edited)

Slowly patch by patch more "GrindFall"

Exactly what I was hoping avoid when I first bought in.

I know that not all the "systems" are in place.......wish they were not using grind times as fillers

Edited by Mayhem_

Try leveling a blue vessel and anything higher. That way they have made the leveling system is broken , you don't get experience off a level one mob on any blue vessels or higher . Which means you have to kill higher level of mobs with your left mouse button 

Posted (edited)

It's about 10-15 hours of LMBs on a blue vessel and 20-25 hours on a purple, IF and only if you are making sure you're getting 50xp from each kill.

Keep in mind that purple vessels get greatly diminished xp on R8 starting at level 15 (12xp per) and there are not very many R9 and R10 camps out there, certainly not enough to handle a full group of people trying to XP (meaning: you'll run out of appropriate-rank mobs to kill well before respawn).

Edit: And this means for legendary vessels, R8 will likely phase out around level 8-10.  Not sure though, as I've never had one.

Edited by Ble

and your point is moot.  Omg its so hard to level .to grindy wahwah. its not that bad u level your starter vessel. farm gold level new 1 .its ez as hell quit complaing and play the game!

Posted (edited)

Imo,

White vessel leveling isn't bad. With a group, it's easy.

Blue vessel leveling is painful without a carry from a higher level player, you need to punch well above your weight at many break points and sacrificing gold is not realistic in 586. With a carry, leveling blue fast isn't terrible.

Once my current blue vessel is done, I won't be grinding mobs for any more of my vessels before the next wipe. I'll bank enough items for sacrifice to go 0-30 at the cauldron before I start another advanced vessel.

Edited by VaMei

18 minutes ago, spunk said:

and your point is moot.  Omg its so hard to level .to grindy wahwah. its not that bad u level your starter vessel. farm gold level new 1 .its ez as hell quit complaing and play the game!

Comment from somebody I've never seen before with 1 post vs. multiple people who I know play more than 20+ hours a week and have been for at least a year or more.

1/10

Posted (edited)

If it was grind once and done, fine, it’s silly but whatever. But it’s not grind once, and the game very much reinforces the idea that you should be incrementally replacing your vessel or remaking vessels to tweak/change builds. Not to mention the idea that having multiple specialized disc loadouts are “solved” by multiple vessels slots that you have to grind out. Not to mention diminishing an individual’s ability to play across a breadth of areas. Sure I’m a little crazy, but I’m still only at 2/4 of my characters leveled at this point and only one of them is above common. I’m scheduling my epic necro leveling for sometime mid next month, hopefully we’ll have Necro additive tools by then.

Unfortunately gold is not as viable a leveling alternative as it was before. We’re getting less than before and we have an almost constant gold sink on guard costs (ya know if your actually trying to win the campaigns). On top of a bunch of one time fees in pack pigs and disciplines.

But the best kicker is if you think it’s not great now they’ve talked about removing gold as a leveling option. So far we haven’t found a great sacrifice alternative that scales nicely, but then again every time we do, they nerf it anyways. 

All signs point to it only getting worse unless they reverse some decisions or add some solutions. The worse part of the whole thing is I don’t even know what problems they are really solving with this leveling grind. We spent half the time leveling getting ganked by folks, which just goes right back into another host of problems. It’s frankly a mess of competing ideas and systems that just aren’t meshing like they’re intended and instead of removing the scenarios everyone is worried about it seems to making them worse.

Edited by Duffy

It wouldn't be so bad if you weren't virtually PvP non-viable till you reach capstone.

If they made it so you unlocked all of your class abilities and promotions talents by level 15 on a vessel, and then backloaded Stat point attribution to primarily be after 15, I think the system would work much better.

In a system like I propose here, it would be much more feasible to go PvP on a non-fully leveled vessel, and get to do fun stuff instead of just grinding mobs for days.

10 minutes ago, Duffy said:

If it was grind once and done, fine, it’s silly but whatever. But it’s not grind once, and the game very much reinforces the idea that you should be incrementally replacing your vessel or remaking vessels to tweak/change builds. Not to mention the idea that having multiple specialized disc loadouts are “solved” by multiple vessels slots that you have to grind out. Not to mention diminishing an individual’s ability to play across a breadth of areas. Sure I’m a little crazy, but I’m still only at 2/4 of my characters leveled at this point and only one of them is above common. I’m scheduling my epic necro leveling for sometime mid next month, hopefully we’ll have Necro additive tools by then.

Unfortunately gold is not as viable a leveling alternative as it was before. We’re getting less than before and we have an almost constant gold sink on guard costs (ya know if your actually trying to win the campaigns). On top of a bunch of one time fees in pack pigs and disciplines.

But the best kicker is if you think it’s not great now they’ve talked about removing gold as a leveling option. So far we haven’t found a great sacrifice alternative that scales nicely, but then again every time we do, they nerf it anyways. 

All signs point to it only getting worse unless they reverse some decisions or add some solutions. The worse part of the whole thing is I don’t even know what problems they are really solving with this leveling grind. We spent half the time leveling getting ganked by folks, which just goes right back into another host of problems. It’s frankly a mess of competing ideas and systems that just aren’t meshing like they’re intended and instead of removing the scenarios everyone is worried about it seems to making them worse.

Multiple concurrent campaigns will ensure people will want vessels on several of them so they can play where the action is or farm where there isn't any. Add in that vessels will deteriorate as well and you are absolutely right, it is going to take a bunch of time to get all that going. That said, I like seeing players in the world, not sitting on the EKs dueling or crafting their stuff up without risk.

Some form of grind is 100% needed to keep the economy flowing. If there is not a limitless amount of things to create that will fuel the fires of war then you get a point where crafters and gatherers are like "Well, our job is done now." Which is fine for spring/summer gatherers who like to PvP in fall/winter like myself so long as that point is not reached too long before the end of summer. For dedicated gatherers and crafters this is not a desirable situation.

The thing is, is character progression the only system this endless grind can be tied to? Making character progression the primary driver of economy creates a massive barrier to entry. I think the old system was fine in that it allowed new players to get in and start enjoying the game exceptionally fast but a considerable amount of work still went into achieving full orange/purple. However the progression of that gear economy would have broken eventually in full import campaigns or even campaigns with unrestricted vessel and gear import. With full legendary becoming the standard siege gear for most veteran players.

But why not tie more of the economy to forts, outposts, and keeps? That's a never-ending grind given those will 100% get wiped every campaign, and war naturally wears them down even in a very long campaign. Make walls, guards, etc. major investments that take not just gold but a wide array of items and resources in return for a significant advantage for your faction.

I think if done properly, the old economy in terms of character progression with a better point of interest drain on the economy would be closer to what would work best than the current system.

35 minutes ago, DocHollidaze said:

It wouldn't be so bad if you weren't virtually PvP non-viable till you reach capstone.

If they made it so you unlocked all of your class abilities and promotions talents by level 15 on a vessel, and then backloaded Stat point attribution to primarily be after 15, I think the system would work much better.

In a system like I propose here, it would be much more feasible to go PvP on a non-fully leveled vessel, and get to do fun stuff instead of just grinding mobs for days.

yea being viable at lower level would be nice