Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rutaq

Please change starting gold and costs for intro weapons

Posted (edited)

It is great that you get some gold and a couple apples when you start out a character but the amount of gold is very high given the current campaign rewards.

I would suggest you lower the starting gold to 2 and lower the costs of starting weapons/etc  to  1 gold.

It is discouraging when pooling starting gold for hours is a more efficient way to make money than actually playing  :(

Edited by rutaq

Posted (edited)

17K to lvl a white vessel will take you how many times in and out of cw?   I don't think so...  and you get none of the goods... *runic recipes.

lvl 12 in under 2 hours + 200 leather and meat, 5 embers 300 dust...   lvl 24 in 3 more...    plus 1.2 K gold, 4 runic recipes  2 minors and a bunch of body additives.  
You may do that but seriously?   Burning your exports for 40g each seems silly unless you are like some of us with many accounts.

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

4 hours ago, Staff said:

its only more efficient in gods reach to do this, in a real campaign its easier to farm mobs

Except this can be done with a macro, which makes it easier than farming mobs.

Any mechanic that tempts people to macro for effectively free gold is a bad thing for the game.

IhhQKY6.gif

3 minutes ago, Jah said:

Except this can be done with a macro, which makes it easier than farming mobs.

Any mechanic that tempts people to macro for effectively free gold is a bad thing for the game.

How do you know, are you using macros

hoayaga2.jpg

Just now, Staff said:

How do you know, are you using macros

I don't know why you keep trying to derail legitimate feedback on game mechanics with attempts to instigate conflict. This isn't the appropriate place for it..

IhhQKY6.gif

1 minute ago, Jah said:

I don't know why you keep trying to derail legitimate feedback on game mechanics with attempts to instigate conflict. This isn't the appropriate place for it..

How do you know macros work with the box code

hoayaga2.jpg

Just now, Staff said:

How do you know macros work with the box code

I know enough about macros to know how they work. This discussion isn't about individual people, it is about game mechanics.

IhhQKY6.gif

Just now, Jah said:

I know enough about macros to know how they work. This discussion isn't about individual people, it is about game mechanics.

Pls explain how a macro would work in this situation here or perhaps in tech talk 

hoayaga2.jpg

On 4/13/2019 at 5:20 PM, Jah said:

I would expand this to say that anything a player might choose to macro is probably bad game design. It's overly tedious and too simple of a task for a game, and/or too rewarding vs the rest of the game.

When chasing new player gold is more rewarding of an active players time than going out to get the gold as intended, there's a problem somewhere.

Permanent solution is to review the risk/reward of every gold source and sink in a single pass.

My temporary answer, remove new player gold, have new player vendors give their trash gear away for free (it's worse than basic), and add some level appropriate zombies to the temple area to provide new players with gold.

On 4/13/2019 at 8:57 AM, Frykka said:

17K to lvl a white vessel will take you how many times in and out of cw?   I don't think so...  and you get none of the goods... *runic recipes.

lvl 12 in under 2 hours + 200 leather and meat, 5 embers 300 dust...   lvl 24 in 3 more...    plus 1.2 K gold, 4 runic recipes  2 minors and a bunch of body additives.  
You may do that but seriously?   Burning your exports for 40g each seems silly unless you are like some of us with many accounts.

multi window macro make some dirty magic pretty effective and fast.

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

Posted (edited)
On 4/13/2019 at 5:40 PM, Staff said:

Pls explain how a macro would work in this situation here or perhaps in tech talk 

Disclaimer: Do not try this at home. Even if you're good with code. Its against the EULA. This post is for illustration and informational purposes only!

It is fairly trivial to use the software package included with many models of gaming mice to record and play back mouse events on a loop, and bond those to a keyboard action.

Combine this with a bit of rgb target pixel screen reading and a simple autohotkey macro using a technique similar to the one seen here:

and its not that hard automate the entire process and defeat crowfall's captcha-escque randomized deletion verifier.

In general, if a system uses monocolor interface elements and the same screen positions for all operational events it's not that hard to automate. If combined with a little bit of event time randomization its virtually undetectable unless you're running spyware on the client machine or checking via chat to verify the humanity of the agent.

Even then, as you can see with this bot, a sufficiently verbose bot can even defeat a a significant number of GM live person checks.

Edited by PopeUrban
Added disclaimer!

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

The OP was not about botting although that is absolutely a real concern...    we all have concerns about cheating and catching cheating or rather designing mechanics that cannot be macro'd efficiently.   Macroing knotwood farming for dust and embers is probably more profitable in the long run than macroing campaign re-entry.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

I've never even used gold for starter weapons. I've never even grab the starter axes from the chest.

Knock down trees by hand until three knotwood > make axe > chop trees until you have wood for starter weapon setup and hammer > make hammer (if needed) > gather cobblestone for starter weapons (if needed) > make starter weapons

This is a 2-5 minute process. 

If we want gold more accessible to newbs put some R1 zombies at the beachhead and R4s in the temple.

Starter gold is not needed.

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

2 hours ago, Andius said:

I've never even used gold for starter weapons. I've never even grab the starter axes from the chest.

Knock down trees by hand until three knotwood > make axe > chop trees until you have wood for starter weapon setup and hammer > make hammer (if needed) > gather cobblestone for starter weapons (if needed) > make starter weapons

This is a 2-5 minute process. 

If we want gold more accessible to newbs put some R1 zombies at the beachhead and R4s in the temple.

Starter gold is not needed.

^ true

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Just put a timer on characters, making it a 24 hour wait before they can be deleted or leave a campaign that has not come to an end.  Or just take out starting gold, everyone can make basic weapons anyway.