Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Drunkasaurus

Skill Tree Points

Are there plans to make sure the skill tree doesn't generate more skill points than usable? If not, that should definitely be a thing. As of right now I have over 52k skill points to spend in a tree that is 100% complete. My Combat Basics is at 100% and has 52,857 points, while my Armor is at 36% and 0 points to spend. I feel like they should carry over into the next instead of sitting in limbo or have an end number to cap out at for that tree based off of what you already have learned. 

Banking time and turning it into Tomes you could trade was supposed to be a thing, not sure if that is still planned.

Also VIP or everyone were supposed to be able to pre-set how/what we trained so that if you did complete X it would then move on to Y or something like this. With VIP being able to plan further out so they didn't have to fiddle with it as much as non VIP peons. Again, not sure if planned still or in this way.

Currently you either watch your training well or waste time.

Yes, there will be training tomes to make and sell from your extra points...  they will not be available until a post launch patch so be on top of your training before then.  The game will not be forgiving for people unwilling to pay attention.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

9 minutes ago, Frykka said:

Yes, there will be training tomes to make and sell from your extra points...  they will not be available until a post launch patch so be on top of your training before then.  The game will not be forgiving for people unwilling to pay attention.

It has nothing to do with inattentiveness. I don't know about you but I have a full time job with inconsistent hours that makes pc time very limited at times. It's unrealistic to expect people to log in everyday and then punish them when they don't.

As a general principle you want to give players plenty of ways to fail so that success has meaning.  But this situation takes it too far

It is just not practical for players to be logging in every night.  Eve online (the game where time-based skill training came from) lets you build up a skill queue that goes for months.

The situation could be ameliorated if we could update our skill trees via the website.

3 hours ago, Frykka said:

The game will not be forgiving for people unwilling to pay attention.

The 200 people playing a month after launch will love the heck out of it. :(

8 hours ago, Drunkasaurus said:

It has nothing to do with inattentiveness. I don't know about you but I have a full time job with inconsistent hours that makes pc time very limited at times. It's unrealistic to expect people to log in everyday and then punish them when they don't.

Time bank is slated for 30 days. 

If you are going to be away long enough to pass the cap in your current tree, change the tree you are training before you go.

1 minute ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

Time bank is slated for 30 days. 

If you are going to be away long enough to pass the cap in your current tree, change the tree you are training before you go.

I'm not worried about being gone long enough for pips to expire, I'm talking if I'm working on a tree and I can't log in to spend my points for a couple of days, I should be able to reallocate the excess if I finish off a tree. My time away isn't always planned, I'm sure I'm not alone on that

6 hours ago, Brindylln said:

As a general principle you want to give players plenty of ways to fail so that success has meaning.  But this situation takes it too far

It is just not practical for players to be logging in every night.  Eve online (the game where time-based skill training came from) lets you build up a skill queue that goes for months.

The situation could be ameliorated if we could update our skill trees via the website.

I love the website idea, def would make progress more obtainable if you can't log on

5 minutes ago, Drunkasaurus said:

I'm not worried about being gone long enough for pips to expire, I'm talking if I'm working on a tree and I can't log in to spend my points for a couple of days, I should be able to reallocate the excess if I finish off a tree. My time away isn't always planned, I'm sure I'm not alone on that

As I said, put the training on something not ready to expire in that short of time period.  Then, when you are playing, or are sure of your ability to get on, switch to fill out the final of the one your working on. 

The Tome system is the long term plan for catch up and to smooth the edges, but that is long term past launch.  If tomes are past launch, building a queue system or allowing points transfer would be in the same time frame anyway.