Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carrothead

experience points for alts etc

My idea is that when you get to 30 you continue to gain exp. When a specific amount is reached either an item is generated or possible one is created by visiting a specific place. This item can then be crafted ( runecrafting, necromancy) into an high numbed sacrifice item that can be traded/ given to an alt to lvl them up.

This would help lvling vassals especially if gold cant do it and add another interesting method of trade/crafting. 

7 minutes ago, Carrothead said:

My idea is that when you get to 30 you continue to gain exp. When a specific amount is reached either an item is generated or possible one is created by visiting a specific place. This item can then be crafted ( runecrafting, necromancy) into an high numbed sacrifice item that can be traded/ given to an alt to lvl them up.

This would help lvling vassals especially if gold cant do it and add another interesting method of trade/crafting. 

That's an interesting idea. 

Once you hit the XP cap on a vessel, every time you would've leveled, it creates a sacrifice item that you can sell/trade to someone to help level them. The item could be the same quality/color as the vessel that you're on (so a white vessel would produce white sacrifice item, purple would produce purple sacrifice item). 

1 hour ago, blazzen said:

That's an interesting idea. 

Once you hit the XP cap on a vessel, every time you would've leveled, it creates a sacrifice item that you can sell/trade to someone to help level them. The item could be the same quality/color as the vessel that you're on (so a white vessel would produce white sacrifice item, purple would produce purple sacrifice item). 

I would rather see an equipable belt slot item like a book or scroll that you carry around when you want XP to go into it, instead of on your person.

Auto creating something just seems janky, but a craftable "XP Journal" you can carry around on a belt slot, has some lossy behavior like only collecting 20% of your XP, and requires a quality level that matches the vessel or better does seem interesting.

31 minutes ago, Jah said:

What if certain mobs and resources dropped special Sacrifice Items that you could accumulate and then use to level new vessels and alts?

Ummmm isn't that what the camp fragments are? 

I think this was more along the lines of not specifically hunting for XP, but XP accumulation from just playing the game, especially when "XP for all the things" gets turned on.

I dont think its enough. I think another mechanism is needed. I do like the belt slot idea . A book that fills ( bit like another game ) with exp you can pass on to another vasel   

19 hours ago, Jah said:

What if certain mobs and resources dropped special Sacrifice Items that you could accumulate and then use to level new vessels and alts?

because the sacrifice values for dropped items right now is poorly made socks

TBH I rather like the journal idea, but not as a belt slot item.

This should be a lootable item that accrues xp while held in the inventory.

Or, like, just remove the rarity requirements from sacrifice.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

6 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

TBH I rather like the journal idea, but not as a belt slot item.

This should be a lootable item that accrues xp while held in the inventory.

Or, like, just remove the rarity requirements from sacrifice.

Heh, that gave me an idea, shove the XP into the player decapitation mechanic.

Take a head, and earn the XP that they have earned since the last time the head was taken.  Slows fight clubbing because after one death, your head is gone. 

You could fight club/give your stored XP once through collusion. But to me that's really not all that bad.  

Just now, KrakkenSmacken said:

Heh, that gave me an idea, shove the XP into the player decapitation mechanic.

Take a head, and earn the XP that they have earned since the last time the head was taken.  Slows fight clubbing because after one death, your head is gone. 

You could fight club/give your stored XP once through collusion. But to me that's really not all that bad.  

We need a more reliable way to behead people TBH, but I like this idea. Give a noob a pile of heads of actual players killed. "Here's your armor, weapons, and the skulls of a bunch of people we killed."

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

1 minute ago, PopeUrban said:

We need a more reliable way to behead people TBH, but I like this idea. Give a noob a pile of heads of actual players killed. "Here's your armor, weapons, and the skulls of a bunch of people we killed."

I agree.  I hope the new death mechanics of having to fly away from your corpse encourages people to hang out long enough to lose their heads more often.

If it did, that would be a huge plus.