Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vkromas

5.8.6 LIVE Feedback and Bug Reports for 4/16/19

You can download the TEST and LIVE patch client from https://crowfall.com/en/client/ 

5.8.6 Patch Notes and Known Issues

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to Support@Crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found under your game directory in the "Download" folder. Your client log should look something like this: CrowfallClient_26452_[Computer Name].log

So the response to not enough gold was to slow us down further ....

Please turn those gold sliders back up

and add runes back to spiders.

my blue vessel is agonizing to level— I’m ready to call it quits....

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

4 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

So the response to not enough gold was to slow us down further ....

Are you talking about the 40g you get for entering the campaign?

IhhQKY6.gif

29 minutes ago, Jah said:

It was trivial to produce gold at the rate of 40g at least once a minute given a 20 second logout time by macoring the login/out of EK and GR. 

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

25 minutes ago, Jah said:

Many people were exploiting the new player gold drops by entering, spirit banking, and deleting the character as a way to avoid durability loss to farm gold because it was comparable income to soloing mid rank mobs and had no risk or durability loss attached.

They just patched the exploit.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Just now, PopeUrban said:

Many people were exploiting the new player gold drops by entering, spirit banking, and deleting the character as a way to avoid durability loss to farm gold because it was comparable income to soloing mid rank mobs and had no risk or durability loss attached.

People deleting were doing it wrong.  It was possible to do it every time you switched from EK -> GR and back.

13 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

It was trivial to produce gold at the rate of 40g at least once a minute given a 20 second logout time by macoring the login/out of EK and GR. 

11 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

I am well aware of the exploit and the fix. I was asking PaleOne if that was what he was referring to when he complained they had "slowed us down further."

IhhQKY6.gif

19 minutes ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

People deleting were doing it wrong.  It was possible to do it every time you switched from EK -> GR and back.

it was also possible to do it going into campaign, banking, unlocking repeat. Less steps. Less load screens and one less logout timer.

Do this over two accounts alternating the login-logout process and you got lods of emone

231e101d88.jpg

10 minutes ago, Jah said:

I am well aware of the exploit and the fix. I was asking PaleOne if that was what he was referring to when he complained they had "slowed us down further."

My point is that the “exploit” people were doing is a direct result of the lowering of gold drops across the board.

Leveling advanced vessels is painfully slow.

I didn’t use the exploit, but I thought the solution was turn up gold drops not remove the starter gold.

Thus leveling will take even longer.

10 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

My point is that the “exploit” people were doing is a direct result of the lowering of gold drops across the board.

I didn’t use the exploit, but I thought the solution was turn up gold drops not remove the starter gold.

The fix was needed either way. If gold drops from humanoids are too low that is a separate issue.

IhhQKY6.gif

12 minutes ago, PaleOne said:

At no point should an exploit be a solution to a problem. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I don’t think logging in and making new characters is an “exploit”

It is just a sign that gold is too scarce.

Player activity is a sign of player motivations and an attempt at efficiency.

its just sad that the most efficient way wasn’t playing the game...

3 hours ago, PaleOne said:

I don’t think logging in and making new characters is an “exploit”

It is just a sign that gold is too scarce.

Player activity is a sign of player motivations and an attempt at efficiency.

its just sad that the most efficient way wasn’t playing the game...

I don't think you understand what an exploit is.

Literally, "exploit" in this context refers to using an unintended function of a piece of software to circumvent the intended design of a system.

In this case the intended design of the system was that gold is farmed from humanoid mobs with the single exception of 40 gold given as you enter the campaign in order to buy starter weapons.

The ability to farm gold with it was not an intended function of that system, and using it to do so is petty much a textbook example of an exploit, and exactly the kind of interaction we're here to abuse so it can get patched out before soft launch.

Complaining that ACE fixed one thing that's broken because two things are broken doesn't get the game anywhere. The removal of that gold exploit allows them to get a much clearer set of behavioral analytics data to fine tune gold properly. Its presence adds an unintended variable that actually prevents accurately gauging if gold is too low.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

1) retaliate still bugged. after you use it and right after CC control immun put on you, most of the skills are do nothing, LMB included.

weird bug, game breaking

2) another weird thing with gathering. we did multiple times R10 mother nodes (stone and ore at the same time) runs in 5.8.6.

our stats is 60+% minerals chance and 40+% gems chance (lvled gathering in both resources, default is 30 and 15%). we tried multiple setups - all with good tools, only one with good tools, with and without. with and without accessories.

a) some of the dropped items are INVISIBLE for some party members (probably due inventory space or somehow)

b) can be related to a) but ore mothernodes gems droprate with our stats are broken. it is veeery rare chance to get 1 gem.

c) iron mothernode is broken, coz it have worst chance out of all nodes... with 40% + chance of gem harvesting...

d) dropped resources are freeze in the air sometimes. without rocketjump impossible to loot.

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

12 hours ago, PaleOne said:

I really think current drop rate is ok for real game. or even need to be less.

else in 1 month most of the ppl will get geared and quit.

ps. it is not ok for testing

Discord makkon#8550

6 hours ago, makkon said:

I really think current drop rate is ok for real game. or even need to be less.

ps. it is not ok for testing

Doubtful on the quitting in 1 month and it shouldnt take that long to  gear.  A lot of the fun is testing new builds even if their white vessels & currently its a slog without the gold.  The other issue is why are the mobs worth 50xp only on white vessels.  Basically the current leveling mechanics make it feel like how blue/epic vessels behaved when leveling off of mobs but now applied to white vessels.  Either lower the xp curve on white vessels or increase the xp on the higher rank mobs if gold is to be more valuable.

6 hours ago, makkon said:

This shouldn't be a game for people who has gearing up as the final goal. The goal here should be to win campaigns and gearing up should be just a means to do that, imho.

Just now, Extintor said:

This shouldn't be a game for people who has gearing up as the final goal. The goal here should be to win campaigns and gearing up should be just a means to do that, imho.

it is already ingame and was for more than year. full gear based. isnt it? well, also class based, team based (zerg based) and economy/logistic based. if you have no gear and team you will get no win. so, ppl rush in gathering and farming. and then ppl noticed what they have much less gold, drop rate and mandatory necessity to farm mobs for runes, reciepts than it was and they ofc do not like it.

I do not like current statement of CF but I does understand what gear - biggest motivation atm coz there are no other content around. if ppl gear up very fast, they bored also (can be different for NA and EU since amount of players)

35 minutes ago, MrErad said:

Doubtful on the quitting in 1 month and it shouldnt take that long to  gear.  A lot of the fun is testing new builds even if their white vessels & currently its a slog without the gold.  The other issue is why are the mobs worth 50xp only on white vessels.  Basically the current leveling mechanics make it feel like how blue/epic vessels behaved when leveling off of mobs but now applied to white vessels.  Either lower the xp curve on white vessels or increase the xp on the higher rank mobs if gold is to be more valuable.

Yes, if they wont give us on test server snap tests with disciplines, some people can't test disciplines and skills and such. But usually players give solution - join a clan

Basically most of the mechanic (lvling, sacrificing, item developing, progress, mobs ranks, guards etc etc) are incomplete and not smooth which makes it feels like it is useless

Discord makkon#8550